Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,390 members, 7,864,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:14 AM

7 Things That Need To Be In Place Before Self-driving Cars Come To Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Things That Need To Be In Place Before Self-driving Cars Come To Nigeria (11479 Views)

Ford Self-driving Cars Are Now Delivering Domino Pizzas Across Miami / Waymo Self-driving Cars Becomes Soft Before Hitting A Pedestrian / Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things That Need To Be In Place Before Self-driving Cars Come To Nigeria by Daspecialone: 6:52am On Mar 11, 2017
Mathemagician1:

AutoJoshNG your car reviews are impressive and quite interesting I must say. I was looking forward to see WELL MARKED ROADS as the number one criteria for self driving cars but surprisingly, it wasn't even on your list.  W‎hile I respect your views and expertise on conventional vehicles,  I certainly would question your expertise on self-driving technology. Please note the term "SELF-DRIVING". 

As a car enthusiast I implore you to do an in-depth research on the technology you wish to blog about before coming out with an article. Doing otherwise will make Artificial Intelligence (AI) enthusiasts like myself question your competence.

I wish you all the best in your career.

You guys should think of a well Mapped Lagos with 101% GPS accuracy for the self driving car to navigate the routes
Re: 7 Things That Need To Be In Place Before Self-driving Cars Come To Nigeria by Mathemagician1(m): 7:07am On Mar 11, 2017
Daspecialone:

You guys should think of a well Mapped Lagos with 101% GPS accuracy for the self driving car to navigate the routes

It's very possible sir. Lagos is a small state and it's major roads can be mapped within a short time period but you know 3 dimensional grid mapping will require enormous financial resources which Nigerian programmers don't have and Nigerian investors including the Government shy away from investing in Tech start ups. They only pay lip service to it while waiting for Mark Zuckerberg and other foreign investors to invest in it.

Let's just say Nigeria isn't ready for Technology yet. I myself have my dreams focused in faraway Silicon Valley. It's unfortunate we're that helpless.
Re: 7 Things That Need To Be In Place Before Self-driving Cars Come To Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2017
What about proper mapping of the streets and infrastructure to connect the cars electronically?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Difference Between Bose Amazing Suspension & A Normal Car Suspension / 10 Ways To Give Your Car Nice Treats This 2019 / Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.