Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think (5598 Views)

Nigeria Air In Jeopardy As Smart Nigerian Acquires The Possible Domain Names / Dino Melaye Resumes Plenary, Opts To Sit With PDP Members / Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by Senipapa(m): 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
They said he was going to islamize Nigeria, yet he proved them wrong. They called him a terrorist, yet he fought and reduced the strength of insurgency to the barest minimum. They said their brother Ebele Azikwe was a messiah, the hero of democracy, he proved to them and the world beyond reasonable doubt that their brother was a celebrated criminal, even without probing him directly. Now, they propagated news of his death, but today he's in a Aso rock walking on his feet with a beating heart..... Even with all this, he remobilised contractors to ensure the speedy construction of Enugu Onitsha express way, a depleted road and death trap which their brother Azikwe couldn't fix for them, yet the herdsman is fixing it. In all these happenings, our Yoruba brothers are busy sitting on a round table strategizing on ways to fix the west, become relevant in government, and make their region a better place irrespective of who is in power. What do we do, we keep wailing, making the loudest noise like we did in 1967 and got served. Igbos need to sit up and step up their game, politics has gone way beyond the level to which we still operate in.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by HungerBAD: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
Deep .

4 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by ephi123(f): 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
Typical Nigerian article and way of thinking. The whole paragraph is filled with Yoruba, Igbo, my brother this, my brother that.

People need to start thinking straight - Analyze an issue objectively rather than petty sentimentality, that's gonna take us nowhere Mister man.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by mightyhazel: 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
Yorooba op doin wot he knows how 2 do best,...

Leave dem alone!

E no concern u if them no strategize,... dey mustn't pander 2 ur whims n caprices

When yoroobas strategize,its for selfish ends for themselves alone(positioning a yorooba vp,incase...) ! See where they put the country now

When igbos strategize,its for the general good of the whole country,...

Do yoroobas care for another tribe but themselves?

Abeg keep ur useless strategy!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by Cutehector(m): 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2017
True. We Igbos just have to accept the truth and act accordingly.

7 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by Cutehector(m): 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2017
ephi123:
Typical Nigerian article and way of thinking. The whole paragraph is filled with Yoruba, Igbo, my brother this, my brother that.

People need to start thinking straight - Analyze an issue objectively rather than petty sentimentality, that's gonna take us nowhere Mister man.
goodevening
Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by omenkaLives(m): 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2017
HungerBAD:
Deep .
Watch them arrive with machetes to chop off his head. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by madridguy(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2017
Good advice.
Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by Eleniyan15: 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
ORO NLA, ABORO LA MA SO FUN OMO LUABI TO BA DE INU E OMO DI....O DIN DIN. MY BROTHERS FROM THE EAST NEED TO BE ENLIGHTEN AND NEED TO BE RE -SOCIALIZE.we need to be objective when dealing with tribal matters..cause what I noticed about we Nigerians is that we Envy a lot..sentiment they kill us. May God,Allah,Ogun,Sango help us

2 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by Cutehector(m): 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
omenkaLives:
lol I am igbo. And I agree with him..

5 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by Senipapa(m): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
ephi123:

still struggling hard to make a sense out of this, "sentiment" you said, I would take that word as an error from you.

6 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by ephi123(f): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
Cutehector:
goodevening
goodevening
Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by ephi123(f): 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2017
Senipapa:
still struggling hard to make a sense out of this, "sentiment" you said, I would take that word as an error from you.

You definitely will struggle to make sense of it. I understand.

Can Nigerians eat 3 square meals? No
Do they have access to quality healthcare? No
Is our Education sector up to scratch? No it isn't
Do they have access to energy? No

And yet you are comfortable enough to say they are wailing? The sooner people realize everyone is in this together, the better.

17 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by stubornnn: 5:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
mightyhazel:
Yorooba op doin wot he knows how 2 do best,...

Leave dem alone!

E no concern u if them no strategize,... dey mustn't pander 2 ur whims n caprices

When yoroobas strategize,its for selfish ends for themselves alone(positioning a yorooba vp,incase...) ! See where they put the country now

When igbos strategize,its for the general good of the whole country,...

Do yoroobas care for another tribe but themselves?

Abeg keep ur useless strategy!

Shutupp and address the issues raised by the op.

Whether he is hausa or fulani or ipob doesn't matter as long as he speaks the truth.

undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by TimeManager(m): 5:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
Senipapa:
coolKiss the crown! cool

Your kind is rare.

2 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by omenkaLives(m): 5:28pm On Mar 10, 2017
Cutehector:
lol I am igbo. And I agree with him..
Igbos are reasonable folks, ipob toots aren't and bring untold shame to igbos. You are an Igbo and not an Ipob yoot. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by mightyhazel: 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
stubornnn:

Shutupp and address the issues raised by the op.

Whether he is hausa or fulani or ipob doesn't matter as long as he speaks the truth.

undecided
okpe!

Wot truth?

Wot has hausa and yorooba strategy benefitted the country since the 60's??

Apart from making it the laffin stock of the whole of Africa and the world,hunger, disease and illiteracy even when God has blest us with so much?

Abeg go siddon for drainage!

6 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by TimeManager(m): 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
ephi123:

You definitely will struggle to make sense of it. I understand.

Can Nigerians eat 3 square meals? No
Do they have access to quality healthcare? No
Is our Education section up to scratch? No it isn't
Do they have access to energy? No

And yet you are comfortable enough to say they are wailing? The sooner people realize everyone is in this together, the better.

You often instinctively recoil to hate & bigotry. I suspect you must be Ngozi123 a badass tribalist.

Truth is talking!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by ephi123(f): 5:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
TimeManager:
You often instinctively recoil to hate & bigotry. I suspect you must be Ngozi123 a badass tribalist.

Truth is talking!

So your reading and comprehension skills cannot help you deduce that my point is that EVERYONE is in this together. If that sounds like tribalism to you, pele, I can't help you.

12 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by Emycord: 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
Op who is the. My, we, our. In contrast to they, them, thought ur igbo? Well you just proved ur another nigerian ibo

3 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by Sweetguy25: 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
A typical Buhari supporter with no brains.

6 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by Cutehector(m): 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
omenkaLives:
Igbos are reasonable folks, ipob toots aren't and bring untold shame to igbos. You are an Igbo and not an Ipob yoot. wink
I am just part of the rare people who doesn't advocate for ethnic discrimination ... Even if biafra is actualized, isn't it the same mentality that will rule it? We just want to fight and fight and fight.. If ethnicity is still a major metric for voting a leader then we won't even progress in this country.

Well. I pray one day we shall see the light. For we all are in darkness....

1 Like

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by TimeManager(m): 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
ephi123:

So your reading and comprehension skills cannot help you deduce that my point is that EVERYONE is in this together. If that sounds like tribalism to you, pele, I can't help you.
What Nonsense!... I'm not referring to an isolated instance, not on this thread, rather the summation of your disposition largely depicts your true nature & self-deception.
Truth is mine!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by omenkaLives(m): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
Cutehector:
I am just part of the rare people who doesn't advocate for ethnic discrimination ... Even if biafra is actualized, isn't it the same mentality that will rule it? We just want to fight and fight and fight.. If ethnicity is still a major metric for voting a leader then we won't even progress in this country.

Well. I pray one day we shall see the light. For we all are in darkness....
Amen..

1 Like

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by ephi123(f): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
TimeManager:
What Nonsense!... I'm not referring to an isolated instance, not on this thread, rather the summation of your disposition largely depicts your true nature & self-deception.
Truth is mine!

Next time, quote me on the supposed thread.

7 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by Senipapa(m): 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2017
omenkaLives:
They will definitely come for me, but this isn't 1967 when a general could deceive and lure thousands of naive people into battle, neither would my head make up for thousands of heads that were lost between 1967-1970 because of the greed of a clueless coward whose wife later became an ambassador in a country he claimed to despise.
Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by michelz: 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2017
OP go home,you're drunk.

2 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by TimeManager(m): 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
ephi123:

Next time, quote me on the supposed thread.
Really?... You do expect me to stalk you on every thread?? never knew you to be a joker among other accolades.

Take my advice; revisit your profile & be the judge in your own case.

BTW, how is your friend Kathmandu (call her cath), the recession must have dealt her a penurious blow that she couldn't afford data for her online rantings.

kiss the truth!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by malton: 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by paramakina202: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
Senipapa:
They said he was going to islamize Nigeria, yet he proved them wrong. They called him a terrorist, yet he fought and reduced the strength of insurgency to the barest minimum. They said their brother Ebele Azikwe was a messiah, the hero of democracy, he proved to them and the world beyond reasonable doubt that their brother was a celebrated criminal, even without probing him directly. Now, they propagated news of his death, but today he's in a Aso rock walking on his feet with a beating heart..... Even with all this, he remobilised contractors to ensure the speedy construction of Enugu Onitsha express way, a depleted road and death trap which their brother Azikwe couldn't fix for them, yet the herdsman is fixing it. In all these happenings, our Yoruba brothers are busy sitting on a round table strategizing on ways to fix the west, become relevant in government, and make their region a better place irrespective of who is in power. What do we do, we keep wailing, making the loudest noise like we did in 1967 and got served. Igbos need to sit up and step up their game, politics has gone way beyond the level to which we still operate in.

What have your tribe got to do with Buhari's illness and why do you single out Igbos as scapegoat for Buhari's misfortune?
Fayose and FFK are they Igbos too and what about Junaıd Mohammed who said Buhari's presidency is over?
Why do Nigerians always like to scapegoat Igbos in everything that goes wrong in this country?You voted for a man who was obviously sick and ill prepared for the job ahead and still turn around to blame Igbos.SMH.
Op I am sorry for you if you are actually Igbo.

11 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by ephi123(f): 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
TimeManager:
Really?... You do expect me to stalk you on every thread?? never knew you to be a joker among other accolades.

Take my advice; revisit your profile & be the judge in your own case.

BTW, how is your friend Kathmandu (call her cath), the recession must have dealt her a penurious blow that she couldn't afford data for her online rantings.

kiss the truth!

I can tell all is not okay with you this afternoon, which is unfortunate.
You quoted me out of the blues on this thread, I challenged your point, you immediately claimed it's a different thread, and now you are talking about stalking.

All manners of human beings on this NL though. Smh.

8 Likes

Re: My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think by Senipapa(m): 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2017
paramakina202:

Op I am sorry for you if you are actually Igbo.
sorry for yourself

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TIV Tribe Love Igbos More Than Themselves ,PureTruth~By Adakatsina-alla / The US Vows Never To Recognize Okonjo Iweala’s Appointment As WTO DG / Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.