Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,695 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Why We Should Not Rejoice Over President Buhari's Arrival - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Should Not Rejoice Over President Buhari's Arrival (632 Views)

Fayose: Why Fayemi Should Not Rejoice For Winning Ekiti APC Primary / Video Of Yusuf Buhari's Arrival In Nigeria After His Medical Treatment Abroad / Man Fulfills His Promise, Pours Water On Floor And Drinks On Buhari's Arrival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Should Not Rejoice Over President Buhari's Arrival by dejiogundipe(m): 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
WHY WE SHOULD NOT REJOICE OVER PRESIDENT BUHARI'S ARRIVAL

In this era of FC Barcelona’s epic comeback vs PSG, news filtered in that President Buhari made his own comeback vs sickness and he is back into the country. Normally, I would have waited for about 2 months to observe the economic situation before I air my opinion but calls from friends will not let me be. As I warned then, when he was declared the winner of the 2015 Presidential election and some sections of the country went into a frenzy of excitement only to gnash their teeth later, I'm still warning now.

Like his first time as military head of state, President Buhari brought Nigeria to economic recession. This time around, he even added Shia killings, Biafra killings and Fulani Herdsmen Killings to his list of notable achievements. Also, his reign since May 2015 has been characterized by rising unemployment rates, inflation, lack of power etc. Why should I rejoice over the return of such President.

Another indicator of President Buhari as a failure is that immediately he left for medicals and his vice took over as acting President, the economic situation began to improve. While he was away no single Shia was killed, no single Biafran was killed, oil pipelines were not bombed, the activities of Fulani Herdsmen reduced and power generation improved. Is President Buhari one of the problems of this country?

Lastly, modern society is an achievement oriented society. As President of modern day Nigeria, Mr Buhari will be examined not on the number of comebacks he made from hospital but from the number of achievements he was able to record while has President. We should not rejoice yet.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Not Rejoice Over President Buhari's Arrival by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
We are having mixed feelings.

(1) (Reply)

APC Zombies Celebrating Buhari's Return Like Relegation match Win / SACK Magu Now, Abuja Constitutional Lawyer Tells Court (pics) / Gradually Osogbo is turning a mega city

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.