Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

"The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy (55618 Views)

Still On The Wedding Party / Revamping Nollywood: Could This Be A Sure End To Piracy In Nigeria? / Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 11, 2017
deebsman1:
This entertainers themselves thou! After showing a movie for like the first few weeks, roll out CDs yourselves and don't sell for exorbitant rates like 2k/CD, basic 100 naira would do, volume will do the magic in this kind of situation than allowing some people that doesn't share in the brunt of working to take unnecessary advantage.

It's greed. They should have known this would happen, but they wanted to wring every naira out of cinema showings first.

The film industry worldwide has long since understood the challenges of this internet era and have adapted to minimize their losses. These people missed the memo.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 1:33am On Mar 11, 2017
Your premise on the 200 million nairais faulty. 1.some people may have watched it multiple times. 2. Many people watching it online like me are Nigerians overseas who won't have been able to watch it in cinemas abroad anyway.

2 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by dotman081(m): 2:06am On Mar 11, 2017
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Abudu2000(m): 3:25am On Mar 11, 2017
If u guys think piracy is bad why buy Android phones or jailbreak iphones? Fact is in the 21st century everything should be made available to everyone, period!!!
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 11, 2017
helovesme:
the movie is rubbish.
lame story line. very fake acting too undecided
exactly. meaningless dry movie.

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by madjune(m): 5:35am On Mar 11, 2017
Piracy thrives on an uneducated and unchecked environment.

If our laws are respected and functional, then this piracy issue wouldn't be a problem.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by dubbiskelly(m): 6:08am On Mar 11, 2017
Movie wey I watch on YouTube in HD. Searched for it on iroko but couldn't find it but it was on YouTube.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by yusufibrahim(m): 6:32am On Mar 11, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is serious.

We know where these pirates are in Alaba. If the Government sends in the Calvary to clean them out now ,some certain people will start shouting that nobody wants their success.

But nobody is talking about those,whose sweat and livelihood is being stolen by these pirates.

I say The Government should go to Alaba in Lagos,and Upper Iweka in Onitsha to take back our movie gains from these pirates.

and that's exactly what is suppose to happen the should be clear piracy is clear cheating that is killing our entertainment industry people who put in effort and good money to make this productions are at the end left with next to nothing something suppose to be done to this piracy of a thing I know it can't be totally eradicated but can be reduced to the bearest minimum

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Mambox: 6:38am On Mar 11, 2017
Epositive:
bad market!, how come kunle afolayan no dy get qualm with piracy cheesy

#positivevibes
Google his reactions to the massive loss he incurred on October 1, Phone Swap and figurine due to piracy. It's just unfortunate!
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Kaycee7(m): 6:58am On Mar 11, 2017
helovesme:
the movie is rubbish.

lame story line.
very fake acting too undecided
So that is why you pirated it, abi?
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by mokkalu1(m): 7:06am On Mar 11, 2017
We need to seriously do something about piracy o. It is getting too much, abeg.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by moorme(m): 7:12am On Mar 11, 2017
helovesme:
the movie is rubbish.
lame story line. very fake acting too undecided
Really, maybe i will wait for d cost to b 120 n my area!
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by SycophanticGoat: 7:15am On Mar 11, 2017
The same hypocritical elements screaming pirates this and pirates that, are the same mofos that will go to Alaba with 1k and chatter 10 DVDs with over 100 movies or do midnight plan or tweak to download hundreds of movies free from the Internet. You'll keep screaming about piracy but in actual sense you support it. So what does that make you? A bloody hypocrite!
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 11, 2017
Skyken99:

Even the free download is not free
Assuming the movie is 750mb.. It will cost 500NAIRA mtn subscription
Yes, but the 500 is for network provider not content owner
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Perfecter4real(m): 7:30am On Mar 11, 2017
I have the movie right now on my phone High quality as clear as Bleep. But damn the movie is fucking large 1.76 GB for a film of 1:45 minutes. The film was overrated sha.

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by tifany89(m): 7:35am On Mar 11, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is serious.

We know where these pirates are in Alaba. If the Government sends in the Calvary to clean them out now ,some certain people will start shouting that nobody wants their success.

But nobody is talking about those,whose sweat and livelihood is being stolen by these pirates.

I say The Government should go to Alaba in Lagos,and Upper Iweka in Onitsha to take back our movie gains from these pirates.

I wouldn't be surprised if u r among the 200,000 o
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by pinkhill(f): 7:39am On Mar 11, 2017
It is well

So after making huge profit they refused to make original cds for people to buy.

Greedy people.

I watched that movie twice at the cinema and I searched for the original copy to buy in malls and found none.

My joy knew no bound when I saw the pirated copy for 300 naira here in Lagos

It's a great movie.

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by yim(f): 7:57am On Mar 11, 2017
Piracy is terrible, but seriously they didn't plan it well.
After all the hype, not all states have cinemas and you can expect me to travel miles to see a movie that may not be worth it.
I watched it in the cinemas and it was OVER HYPED. It was the dance that made.
The end was cry. Unrealistic

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by deebsman1(m): 8:45am On Mar 11, 2017
Hmnm u can't say it Bera bro, u murdered it
kalindaminda:

It's greed. They should have known this would happen, but they wanted to wring every naira out of cinema showings first.

The film industry worldwide has long since understood the challenges of this internet era and have adapted to minimize their losses. These people missed the memo.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Amustical(m): 8:55am On Mar 11, 2017
Bros we are doing.... Infact ayelala go kill any person that do

quote author=SouthWestBlood post=54471522]

Good that you are his brother. It'll be so painful to see the pirated copies on the street! Please strategise on how to arrest anyone found selling the CDs on the street.[/quote]
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by lailo: 8:58am On Mar 11, 2017
Epositive:
bad market!, how come kunle afolayan no dy get qualm with piracy cheesy

#positivevibes
wu tell you?I watched his October 1st on my phone,got it from a friend tru Bluetooth.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by DonnyE(m): 9:13am On Mar 11, 2017
I watched this movie for 2k at silverbird at months ago..2k without popcorn
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by OLAFIMIX(f): 9:42am On Mar 11, 2017
I really enjoyed Shola Sobowale's dance.... Na bomb
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by kally90(f): 10:03am On Mar 11, 2017
people still dey watch Nigerian movies.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Jakama90(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2017
NA chop I chop... Nothing dey there.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by udysweet(f): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2017
grin
Okuda:

Nigerians themselves, the viewers are the ones to blame and not the pirates
Haba,how come that is?
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by KennyID17(m): 10:41am On Mar 11, 2017
Nobody would tell me not to download anything i like from d internet. It is human nature, if u d producer say u are gonna sell for 1k, and some guy is saying i shu Comman buy for almost nothing, my broda/sista which one u go go for?. If u like call me pirate, I don't give a flying shag. I don't pay for movies. With Glo #2500 data plan, I can get almost 15 720p Blu-ray quality movies. That #2500 can only get me one or 2movies i a cinema, minus popcorn and drink. And I only get to watch it once and reminisce in my mind, but if u download, u go watch am u go tire, also streaming is a waste of resources, the same data Wey u take stream, u can download with it and later share with ur friends, remember there is love in sharing grin.

Fyi, I don't care about Nigerian movies, so this news no move me, abeg who know where I fit see Assassins Creed download? 720p oo, d one out now is still DVDscr quality grin
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Okuda(m): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2017
udysweet:
grin
Haba,how come that is?

If we stopped buying pirated versions they would stop selling them

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Alfred234(m): 11:17am On Mar 11, 2017
I have the movie on my laptop come and beat me angry

But seriously they can't tell me they didn't make money from this money i paid 1,500 to see this movie without pop-corn and fanta money included. some of my friends even watched it 2-3times so what are they saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2020: Who Is Your Favourite Housemate? / Toke Makinwa Unveiled As Anchor Of Gulder Ultimate Search 2021 / BBNaija 2019: N60 Million Grand Prize For Winner. The Breakdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.