Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today (50899 Views)

How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? / Lekki Floods: Babatunde Adejare Visits Lekki Area After Hours Of Rainfall. PICS / Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by jaybim: 9:58am On Mar 11, 2017
When una go troway every thrash throwable inside gutter and turn drainages and canals to dump sites una no know abi. There's no water body around the mainland like you have at vi, lekki and ikoyi yet u have this... Kwantinu. Y'all think its a miracle that u don't see scenes like this on bourdilon road?
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by Ejanla07: 10:00am On Mar 11, 2017
Lagos.

Suffering and smiling head quarters

Over hyped smelly place with black gutter...

Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by buffalowings: 10:04am On Mar 11, 2017
flyover30:
go Benin go see erosion or auchi,it is a sound of a moving train

why must you always deflect issues...

we talking about lagos and bad drainage here

I'm an afonja btw
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by sammyrutherford(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2017
and we dey find rain for ekpoma
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by Jelal0007(m): 11:00am On Mar 11, 2017
BrutalJab:
Assuming the picture is that if a state from the East nau, they would have invaded the thread shouting Biafra.

grin most developed state indeed. Ambo is werking indeed.
An IPOB bigot spotted. No state in the east can match upto lagos. Chew on that!!!
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by Stevoohlicent(m): 11:08am On Mar 11, 2017
I must live in ikeja....
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by MrRational1(m): 11:28am On Mar 11, 2017
frenchwine:
You guys should borrow us small rain up here na. The Heat is killing
wen the rain go start na u go dey complain say e don too much by them u go dey fine dry season.
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by thunderbabs: 11:38am On Mar 11, 2017
In tinubu's voice.....
Am..bode, Amboooode, Amboooode, emelo ni mo pie...(x3)

Kini gbogbo katikati ti mo ri ni eko temi yiii
Oo ni o build bridges, flyovers kiri eko, o dredge awon gutter to wan Ikeja.....Ambode, sho mo nkan to shey shaaa... shocked
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 11, 2017
MrRational1:
wen the rain go start na u go dey complain say e don too much by them u go dey fine dry season.
My brother, nothing beats the heat up here. I would take the rains and storms over this hell fire esque heat
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by kYjelly2: 11:44am On Mar 11, 2017
Onyenna:
Shocking ke? As far as 9ja is concerned, no one is shocked!.....

The drainages need massive upgrade and people who dump rubbish in drainages should be arrested!

You can never stop people from littering, ever!!!

Quote me on that.

What you can do is curb it, but by that, obviously you'd still have litter.

That's why the solution is and has always been, closed drainages.

When you have closed drainages, not the ones where they put those useless square concrete slabs that are always removed/stolen, even when ppl litter, which is inevitable, the litter does not get into drainage channels to cause a block.

I believe our leaders know this, but...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by kYjelly2: 11:48am On Mar 11, 2017
rafhell:
shame to all the people that throw plastic bottles and pure water nylon in the drain

Why

You should be saying shame to a government that leaves the drainages open, giving dirt the opportunity to find its way there.

It's like leaving the door/window open and then wondering why you have mosquitoes.
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by kYjelly2: 11:54am On Mar 11, 2017
jaybim:
When una go troway every thrash throwable inside gutter and turn drainages and canals to dump sites una no know abi. There's no water body around the mainland like you have at vi, lekki and ikoyi yet u have this... Kwantinu. Y'all think its a miracle that u don't see scenes like this on bourdilon road?

Why do you Ppl continue to blame the residents for littering

Guy, do you know of any country that is 100% crime free

You solve a problem after ooking at all possible causes, then the solution should trump those causes.

Close the drain and lets see how on earth litter would get in there.

So you want to enforce no littering on 200 million ppl Big dream.
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by property123: 12:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
And i saw the news yesterday where a house of rep. member not sure the part of Lagos state he represent was going 5 people different cars.
Hope this is the road they will use abi they will fly on the air? We are yet to get leaders that will transform this country.
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by Kennitrust(m): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2017
hardehbayor112:
First to comment after all this days, I think the quy under me have something to say

u have nothing say and rushed to b on FP
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by multicolored(f): 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
Ambode is working.
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by Onyenna(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
kYjelly2:

You can never stop people from littering, ever!!!

Quote me on that.

What you can do is curb it, but by that, obviously you'd still have litter.

That's why the solution is and has always been, closed drainages.

When you have closed drainages, not the ones where they put those useless square concrete slabs that are always removed/stolen, even when ppl litter, which is inevitable, the litter does not get into drainage channels to cause a block.

I believe our leaders know this, but...

Great idea bro....of course our leaders are aware of all these but ......

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by flyover30(m): 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
buffalowings:

why must you always deflect issues...
we talking about lagos and bad drainage here

I'm an afonja btw
sorry just trying to tell u it's a national problem
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by Sexina851(f): 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
dokyOloye:
There's no country in d world spared of flooding.
Even d almighty United states get it's fair share every year.

Pls help me tell am. Any small thing dey start shouting useless government.. U need to see d reconstruction going on along trade fair and volks area. Dey can't fix everything at d same time we need to be patient. And people like dem don't even pay tax sef
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by Kemperor: 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
ozoebuka1:
people abuse words more often these days...be sincere to yourself, were you shocked when you saw those pictures

Did the OP put "Shocking" in the topic

You just program your mind to see horror, terror, destruction etc..
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by MrReeseG(m): 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
Lol... flying boat ke.. abi trawlers self, come dey catch fish inside the water
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by sirlym: 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2017
what is shocking here bitchy brat[color=#990000][/color] embarassed tongue
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by hardehbayor112(m): 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
Kennitrust:
u have nothing say and rushed to b on FP

What is this one sayinq?
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by ozoebuka1(m): 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2017
Kemperor:

Did the OP put "Shocking" in the topic

You just program your mind to see horror, terror, destruction etc..
Stop poke nosing...he's edited it.
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by Scholes007(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
shamecurls:

Hello! Flooding happen in almost every coastal city in the world an Nigeria is not excluded.
Yes I know but not for ever little rainfall which is the case of our drainage-less city of Lagos
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by Kennitrust(m): 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2017
hardehbayor112:

What is this one sayinq?
u know what I'm saying, it's matter of correction. so add the missing words
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by jaybim: 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
kYjelly2:

Why do you Ppl continue to blame the residents for littering

Guy, do you know of any country that is 100% crime free

You solve a problem after ooking at all possible causes, then the solution should trump those causes.

Close the drain and lets see how on earth litter would get in there.

So you want to enforce no littering on 200 million ppl Big dream.

Much as I understand your perspective as well as its validity I insist that the bulk of the cause lies with the indiscipline of lagosians.
Canals and storm drains obviously can't be covered.
Lagos has more subterranean drains than open ones. Most new drainages are now constructed with covers but you find missing slabs here and there with the open points becoming garbage bins. Don't you wonder how those slabs disappear?
Look around at the filth on the streets. When it rains where will all these wash into... The drainage.
Recently the waste collection arrangement had to be reviewed in the state because people weren't paying their bills.

It's not the governor who's doing the littering, it's lagosians so why shouldn't I blame lagosians. If we understand that the infrastructure is inadequate, why should we then go ahead to pile more load on it?
Re: Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today by kYjelly2: 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
jaybim:

Much as I understand your perspective as well as its validity I insist that the bulk of the cause lies with the indiscipline of lagosians.
Canals and storm drains obviously can't be covered.
Lagos has more subterranean drains than open ones. Most new drainages are now constructed with covers but you find missing slabs here and there with the open points becoming garbage bins. Don't you wonder how those slabs disappear?
Look around at the filth on the streets. When it rains where will all these wash into... The drainage.
Recently the waste collection arrangement had to be reviewed in the state because people weren't paying their bills.

It's not the governor who's doing the littering, it's lagosians so why shouldn't I blame lagosians. If we understand that the infrastructure is inadequate, why should we then go ahead to pile more load on it?

I understand your pov as well, but you have to know that you can't simply wish that people act a certain way.

You'd have to add enforcement to that and even if you have U. S. A level enforcement, you'd still have litter. This litter made by people that slipped through the net of enforcement would still find its way into an open drain.

I do see that some new projects have totally covered drainages and that's cool, but to be honest, we'd have to do that for ALL ROADS and I don't think it's impossible, it's just a matter of if it's on the list of the government's priorities.

Also, you and I both know that there is zero enforcement, so you'll have to practically beg each and everyone not to litter, maybe using God, but then, not everyone even believes in God, so...

The best way is to close that thing like its done in every developed country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See A Presidential Candidate In Niger Republic Campaigning With Buharis PICS. / Dino Melaye Shows Off His Rolls-Royce (Photos, Video) / FCTA Demolishes Patience Jonathan’s House In Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.