Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,325 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty (26687 Views)

Hammed Ali's Handshake With A Female Customs Officer (Pictured) / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 11, 2017
Pride comes before a fall,they should remove him after all he is not bigger than the Senate. F00lish Aboki wants customs to join police and vio to harass
people

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Lordsocrates: 10:19am On Mar 11, 2017
Fff
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by malware: 10:21am On Mar 11, 2017
rollybest:
Na the uniform stuff dey pain them.
is alright
observing with David Mark, chairman Senate committee on observation

3 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 11, 2017
He is too big to wear the uniform but not too big to collect the salary

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by SBG04: 10:22am On Mar 11, 2017
This is one of the rare cases where I have to agree with dino "omo alé" melaye. The customs has no right move from the borders to the streets and harass car owners. Its not in our laws. I understand that its almost impossible to man all the entry point on our borders and that enforcing duty payment will discourage smuggling, but it its just not legal for the customs to move to the streets. Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 11, 2017
Like if your in support share if not.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Elnino4ladies: 10:25am On Mar 11, 2017
durangokid:
My brother what do you expect from greedy and lazy set of people they know that 79 percent of car dealers are igbos it's just a way hausa fulani bigots want to destroy the igbo man legal business with a fake disguise, they know they can't March any igbo business what they usually do is to destroy it or loot as they usually do in the northern States check the majority opposing t Senate that will show you.

What has igbos got to do with this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by nextprince: 10:26am On Mar 11, 2017
Larryfest:
Our senators are all useless these war they are about declaring on Ncs boss is a personal one which directly affects them so them pretending they are saying the minds of all Nigerians is quite disturbing but the Ncs boss seems to be ready for them big time.

Exactly my thought. Some of them have cars without clearance.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by columbus007(m): 10:29am On Mar 11, 2017
But he's has said it be4 na,thats he's bigger than d so called uniform,as a high ranked retired army,but I shake my head for dis con3 sha. kiss
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by nextprince: 10:31am On Mar 11, 2017
SBG04:
This is one of the rare cases where I have to agree with dino "omo alé" melaye. The customs has no right move from the borders to the streets and harass car owners. Its not in our laws. I understand that its almost impossible to man all the entry point on our borders and that enforcing duty payment will discourage smuggling, but it its just not legal for the customs to move to the streets. Period.

Which kind talk be dis? Nawao!

So once a smuggler has successfully smuggled vehicles into the country, the authority should assume all is well with the smuggled vehicles?
And these are the same people talking about orderliness in advanced countries.

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by TPAND(f): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2017
koma1:
Abeg they should let the man be. Must he put on uniform, the question they should ask is " is he performing or not?

For Real.... You are a joker!
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by seunlly(m): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2017
Then what are u waiting for
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by repogirl(f): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2017
The comptroller general na military man, all he knows is decree and ultimatums.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by 4C2215131: 10:35am On Mar 11, 2017
Donshegxy10:
I don't think the senate should remove the man because he is performing, but thinking about it can a man head an organization and refuse to put on the designated uniform of the org
the man is buhari friend that is why he is confident and vocal.

In due time he'll come to realise that the game of politics take no prisoners.

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Qyubee(m): 10:35am On Mar 11, 2017
Ali giving melaye n d useless senate headache since time immemorial grin I just love the man..doesnt gv a sh*t as far as d job is done he's not called Netanyahu for nothing! Lov ds series grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by gazzuz(m): 10:36am On Mar 11, 2017
Sack the bagger if you can
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Psoul(m): 10:36am On Mar 11, 2017
He said, “We are all aware that the area of operation specifically designated for this service is principally our borders. And we are aware of the fact that in this situation, we are unable to find the specific provision of the law that the Comptroller of Customs relied upon to issue this circular.I think we have a compelling need to protect the Nigerian public against this arbitrariness.”

Protect who....Abeg u ppl should just stop giving excuse wt the citizens. When have u guys ever protected us. U guys are trying to protect urselves. Most of the cars u guys have did not pass through the right process. I beliv u guys dont pay customs duty dat's why una eye dey red for this matter.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by castrokins(m): 10:40am On Mar 11, 2017
Stop The Threats, Remove Him Already.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Ishilove: 10:46am On Mar 11, 2017
Sunnymatey:
The result of forcing an appointment on someone. This man may end up resigning this appoinment and goes back to his poetry farm.
'Poetry' farm? undecided undecided
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by stamapro(m): 10:49am On Mar 11, 2017
Col Ali (rtd) is issuing directive on car duty where defaulters will be prosecuted, ordinary wear uniform come meet senators, him dey find am difficult to comply. And him dey expect compliance from Nigerians!!!!! who is he kidding? really.Even thou him dey do him job nothing stop am from obeying the upper house, no matter their lapses, the last time I checked they are still the law making arm in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by naptu2: 10:50am On Mar 11, 2017
Ishilove:

'Poetry' farm? undecided undecided

grin grin grin

He means poultry farm. (The error was probably caused by the predictive text/auto-correct feature on his phone).
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by dustydee: 10:50am On Mar 11, 2017
Blue3k:
I would mind them removing the insolent man. He knew full well job required wearing uniform and accepted post. Now he wants to bring up millitary tradition. I doubt the have will to remove him over this issue.

Btw everyone this isn't just about uniform. Read the article

How's market grin you celebrate old headline now look. I told you what he's doing is illegal. Laws trump exuactive orders. Go take a college level government instead of talking out of your neck.
Is there any law saying he must wear the uniform? And does wearing the uniform affect his capabilities?

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by djkall(m): 10:50am On Mar 11, 2017
Abeg they should let the man be. Must he put on uniform, the question they should ask is " is he performing or not?

What is wrong is wrong
His appointment was faulted
Now his contending authorities
Tomorrow someone ll act likewise
And quote this incidence
If the Senate can stop it them do so.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by bejeria101(m): 10:52am On Mar 11, 2017
Nass! Pls dnt threaten! Sack him,he isnt above the law. Since the customer care president wants to reward his friends and that isnt corruption. Imagine d man when ask why he doesnt go thru the minister to get funds,he said there was no need that he goes straight to aso rock as if naim papa get am. Get rid of the man dis isnt a military era.

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 11, 2017
All imported vehicles in the country are supposed to be charged custom duties, why are these stealators crying, they re so addicted to free stuff.

They should be ready to pay duties on their exotic jeeps or use keke. cool
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by djkall(m): 10:53am On Mar 11, 2017
stamapro:
Col Ali (rtd) is issuing directive on car duty where defaulters will be prosecuted, ordinary wear uniform come meet senators, him dey find am difficult to comply. And him dey expect compliance from Nigerians!!!!! who is he kidding? really.Even thou him dey do him job nothing stop am from obeying the upper house, no matter their lapses, the last time I checked they are still the law making arm in Nigeria.
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by dustydee: 10:53am On Mar 11, 2017
SBG04:
The customs act actually gives them that power. It is perfectly legal. In fact the law permits them to enter private properties of they suspect that there are smuggled goods there.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Okwyjesus(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2017
Donshegxy10:
I don't think the senate should remove the man because he is performing, but thinking about it can a man head an organization and refuse to put on the designated uniform of the org
the man is buhari friend that is why he is confident and vocal.

The man is purely arrogant. And he retired a col. What if he retired a general.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by aminho(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2017
vertueptime:
Should he fail to show up in uniform, they should by their powers, resolve to immidiately remove him from office, if he does nto abide, then they should unite with the lower chambers to freeze any allocation due to customs
what you dont know is that customs is a revenue generating agency they can also withhold the revenue they generate 1:1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbo Demands Cabinet Slot In Niger State, Cites Revenue Generation / Yemi Osinbajo Receives Jack Ma In Abuja / 'Oshiomhole's Antics Will Fail' - Governor Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.