Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member (25300 Views)

Minister Kemi Adeosun Spotted With Buhari Amid NYSC Certificate Forgery. Photos / Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman / Joe Abah Blasts Lady Sexually Trying To Chat Him Up On Twitter (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by odiks: 5:42am On Mar 11, 2017
The Supreme Court on Friday affirmed the judgment of the Federal High Court in Abuja sacking Mr. Christian Abah as a member of the House of Representatives representing Ado/Okpokwu/Ogbadigbo Federal Constituency of Benue State.

Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court in Abuja had in his judgment delivered on February 8, 2016 sacked Abah for submitting a forged certificate of academic qualification to the Independent National Electoral Commission.

The judge had ordered the INEC to issue fresh certificate of return to Abah’s first runner-up in the Peoples Democratic Party’s primary election held on December 6, 2014, Mr. Hassan Saleh.

A five-man panel of the apex court led by Justice Mary Peter-Odili, ruled on Friday that having been found to have forged the Ordinary National Diploma certificate purportedly issued to him in 1985 by the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State, Abah remained constitutionally disqualified to contest the election into the National Assembly.

In the lead judgment read by Justice Sidi Bage, the Supreme Court upturned the judgment of the Court of Appeal which had dismissed the forgery allegation against Saleh and affirmed the Federal High Court’s judgment..

Justice Bageh, delivering judgment in Saleh’s appeal against the Court of Appeal’s judgment, affirmed the verdict of the Federal High Court, Abuja, and held that criminality such as certificate forgery must not be allowed to continue to “contaminate” the nation’s polity.

He said whenever the opportunity presented itself, the Supreme Court had the responsibility of righting the wrongs.

He said sacking Abah was the beginning of the purification efforts.

Bage held, “This court, it is a must, to take the lead, righting the wrong in our society if and when the opportunity presents itself as in this appeal.

“Allowing criminality and certificate forgery to continue to percolate into the streams, waters and oceans of our national polity, will only mean that our waters are and will remain dangerously contaminated.

“The purification efforts must start now and be sustained as we seek, as a nation, to now change from our old culture of reckless impunity.

“The Nigerian Constitution is supreme. It desires that no one who has ever presented a forged certificate to INEC should contest election into the Nigerian National Assembly. This is clear and sacrosanct.

“More compelling, as a judicial determination, as a judicial decision has been taken by no less a technical panel sitting in at least a panel of three judges as election tribunal with constitutional mandate to determine such issue as they relate to elections and its outcome including eligibility. This was also affirmed by the trial court.

“On this issue, our duty is to apply the Constitution and the law as it stands, in original form undiluted by coloured interpretation.”

Abah was said to have, in addition to tendering a forged certificate for the 2015 election, falsely claimed in the INEC’s Form CF001 ahead of the 2015 general elections that he had never submitted a forged certificate to INEC, contrary to an earlier judgment of an election petition tribunal in 2011, declaring that the certificate submitted by him was forged.

http://punchng.com/certificate-forgery-supreme-court-affirms-sacking-of-reps-member/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by GavelSlam: 5:46am On Mar 11, 2017
PDP and forgery.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:56am On Mar 11, 2017
Mad Lion cry

Cc Omenkalives

1 Like

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by odiks: 6:02am On Mar 11, 2017
Abia judgement loading......

2 Likes

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by Aufbauh(m): 6:03am On Mar 11, 2017
Christian Abah aka Mad lion should henceforth ceased from disgracing himself publicly by chasing justice for illegality.

This should have taught him some lessons that in life it's not all about money,reach and clouts,but rather the sentimentality of good & noble course.

When i remembered this missed opportunity in 2015 my heart skip but it's all for good.

6 Likes

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by Oladimejyy(m): 6:09am On Mar 11, 2017
shocked

1 Like

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:13am On Mar 11, 2017
Aufbauh:
Christian Abah aka Mad lion should henceforth ceased from disgracing himself publicly by chasing justice for illegality.

This should have taught him some lessons that in life it's not all about money,reach and clouts.

When i remembered this missed opportunity in 2015 my heart skip but it's all for good.

I love the guy's taste for exquisite cars cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by Aufbauh(m): 6:28am On Mar 11, 2017
SamuelAnyawu:

I love the guy's taste for exquisite cars cool

Every comfortable rich man will always have taste for good cars most especially when the money was gotten cheaply.

When i asked which job he does,i couldn't get a clear answer, rather he was alleged to be a "political conman",a conduit for money laundering cum philanthropist.

4 Likes

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by omenkaLives(m): 6:31am On Mar 11, 2017
SamuelAnyawu:
Mad Lion cry

Cc Omenkalives
Chai! A friend of mine would throw a party in his house today!!

Thought that case had been dispensed of long ago oo.

Such a pity.

He has always been a very generous man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by yjgm(m): 6:37am On Mar 11, 2017
Na wa o. E don be for the PDP man. Make he kukuma thank God they no say make e pay wetin him don chop.
Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by edoyad(m): 6:43am On Mar 11, 2017
See how man destroy him destiny with his own hand. Mad Lion that is so popular that he can win election even in Tiv land will not be able to represent idoma in NASS , anya

5 Likes

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by omenkaLives(m): 6:47am On Mar 11, 2017
Aufbauh:

Every comfortable rich man will always have taste for good cars most especially when the money was gotten cheaply.

When i asked which job he does,i couldn't get a clear answer, rather he was alleged to be a "political conman",a conduit for money laundering cum philanthropist.
True, he's a front for Suswam and everybody knows that. I just didn't understand why dude couldn't maintain his "level" and enjoy his life quietly..

In addition, the guy was truly a giver. Other day, we were at a car wash where District4 now stands- dude was there to wash his Range. Baba, all those guys nearly leave our cars to wash him own together. cheesy

When they were through, I jejely paid my 700, but guess how much Mad Lion sort- 10, 000! cheesy

Before we could leave, another babe, (that one whose mom prepares indomie in front of Benue Hotel) came along and dude relieved himself of another wad!

On another occasion, i sat with friends drinking along Konshisha street directly opposite new Golden Plate restaurant. Dude pulls into the parking lot, lady sitting next to us on another table sights him and immediately made to go say hello with her cute little kid- came back with 15k and tells her friend "mumu you no go go greet am? " cheesy

Alot of guys in the streets love the dude and this would come to them as a sad news. But the law is the law and must be upheld.

Congrats to Saleh.

15 Likes

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by edoyad(m): 7:08am On Mar 11, 2017
omenkaLives:
True, he's a front for Suswam and everybody knows that. I just didn't understand why dude couldn't maintain his "level" and enjoy his life quietly..

In addition, the guy was truly a giver. Other day, we were at a car wash where District4 now stands- dude was there to wash his Range. Baba, all those guys nearly leave our cars to wash him own together. cheesy

When they were through, I jejely paid my 700, but guess how much Mad Lion sort- 10, 000! cheesy

Before we could leave, another babe, (that one whose mom prepares indomie in front of Benue Hotel) came along and dude relieved himself of another wad!

On another occasion, i sat with friends drinking along Konshisha street directly opposite new Golden Plate restaurant. Dude pulls into the parking lot, lady sitting next to us on another table sights him and immediately made to go say hello with her cute little kid- came back with 15k and tells her friend "mumu you no go go greet am? " cheesy

Alot of guys in the streets love the dude and this would come to them as a sad news. But the law is the law and must be upheld.

Congrats to Saleh.

Na we o, you get mad lion radar ? The number of times you bump into him inadvertently is surprising o cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by omenkaLives(m): 7:13am On Mar 11, 2017
edoyad:

Na we o, you get mad lion radar ? The number of times you bump into him inadvertently is surprising o cheesy
Haba, na only two occasions I site naw. cheesy

But seriously, dude is a generous man.

1 Like

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by edoyad(m): 7:17am On Mar 11, 2017
omenkaLives:
Haba, ma only two occasions I site naw. cheesy

But seriously, dude is a generous man.

Guy, even me don groove on pepper I chop from him hand in 2015. Not only his taste in cars is impressive, him house try small too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by omenkaLives(m): 7:21am On Mar 11, 2017
edoyad:

Guy, even me don groove on pepper I chop from him hand in 2015. Not only his taste in cars is impressive, him house try small too
Lol. See ya life. cheesy

Well, i really don't think this incident would change anything because he's been that way long before he left for the green chambers.
Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by edoyad(m): 7:39am On Mar 11, 2017
omenkaLives:
Lol. See ya life. cheesy

Well, i really don't think this incident would change anything because he's been that way long before he left for the green chambers.

If I were him I would just stay off active politics and concentrate on multiplying my money. That perception that you have to be active in politics to enjoy Nigeria na wash.

1 Like

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by doctokwus: 8:02am On Mar 11, 2017
The justice Sidi Bage that delivered that lead judgement is a future Chief justice material.
Erudition,principles of law and unequivocal assertion of d supreme court to champion d battle for Nigeria to turn a new leaf,is top notch.

1 Like

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by Agriculturegric: 9:09am On Mar 11, 2017
cool
Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by AlexCk: 9:10am On Mar 11, 2017
Politicians and forgery

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 11, 2017
Shame...
Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by sakalisis(m): 9:13am On Mar 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by babyfaceafrica: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by AntiWailer: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2017
What about Buhari's certificate with Agbada as passport ?

grin grin grin grin grin

Supreme Court should look into it too.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:15am On Mar 11, 2017
omenkaLives:

Congrats to Saleh.

The guy dey give wella
Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by AmaechiLinus(m): 9:16am On Mar 11, 2017
Please pardon him, don't disqualify

And if I may ask, has he not been doing well with the forged certificate?
Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 11, 2017
Was it not said that Buhari also has no certificate? undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by jmesk(f): 9:19am On Mar 11, 2017
selective justice

3 Likes

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by kolado(m): 9:19am On Mar 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by jloga(f): 9:20am On Mar 11, 2017
one man from Daura forged WAEC certificate ooo, but its non of my business

6 Likes

Re: Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member by coputa(m): 9:21am On Mar 11, 2017
Aufbauh:

Look at his eyes,it smacks of a criminal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere – Buhari / Obanikoro, Omisore Recover Passports From EFCC By Punchng / Agu Onyekachi Charles: Abia Councilor Dies In Accident 2 Weeks After Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.