Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice (2549 Views)

Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time / Name The Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria / Access Bank Frontline Internship 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by Longeaton: 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2017
Dear Nairalanders, a friend of mine (Wale) is in urgent need of your advice. There goes the story... My friend received two job offers from China Civil Engineering Construction Consurtium (CCECC) and Access Bank last week. Wale is finding it difficult to choose between the two offers. Wale has MSc and BSc in Civil Engineering. So he is inclined to working in an engineering industry. But the problem is CCECC want to pay him 55k monthly despite is qualification and he has to work from Monday to Saturday (7:30am- 6pm). Also he learnt the management of CCECC do not treat their staff well. Please Nairalanders! Should he accept the Access bank job since the pay is high (250k a month) though their might not be career growth
Re: Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by DUNKA(m): 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
Longeaton:
Dear Nairalanders, a friend of mine (Wale) is in urgent need of your advice. There goes the story... My friend received two job offers from China Civil Engineering Construction Consurtium (CCECC) and Access Bank last week. Wale is finding it difficult to choose between the two offers. Wale has MSc and BSc in Civil Engineering. So he is inclined to working in an engineering industry. But the problem is CCECC want to pay him 55k monthly despite is qualification and he has to work from Monday to Saturday (7:30am- 6pm). Also he learnt the management of CCECC do not treat their staff well. Please Nairalanders! Should he accept the Access bank job since the pay is high (250k a month) though their might not be career growth
Let him go with CCECC. The banking industry is a dream killer. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by walearoy(m): 2:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
Longeaton:

Chinese company is worse than Nigerian banks, he should go with the bank and port asap if he's as ambitious as described

2 Likes

Re: Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by eezeribe(m): 2:11pm On Mar 11, 2017
Longeaton:

If you or your friend cannot make up his mind,after all the points clearly stated in the post;then the best thing for him is to burn his BSc and MSc certificates,go back to the village and start weeding farms for a living.
Re: Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by Longeaton: 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
Thanks for your suggestion. The issue is that it is statutory to work for minimum of 2 years with Access Bank before you can leave
walearoy:

Chinese company is worse than Nigerian banks, he should go with the bank and port asap if he's as ambitious as described
Re: Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by Adesiji77: 2:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
Longeaton:
Thanks for your suggestion. The issue is that it is statutory to work for minimum of 2 years with Access Bank before you can leave

Your "friend" already has the answer staring at him right in his face if the following points are anything to go by;

....the problem is CCECC want to pay him 55k monthly despite is qualification and he has to work from Monday to Saturday (7:30am- 6pm). Also he learnt the management of CCECC do not treat their staff well.

So, what is he waiting for? He should take the Access Bank job and have his exit plan ready. Access Bank is not likely to require him to work on Saturdays and they won't owe him salaries....

1 Like

Re: Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by davide470(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2017
Banks have staffs in charge of their building maintenance and new branches layout & design, like it is a department on it's own, i think.

Having a B.Sc and M.Sc In CvlEng. is a sign he would be posted to that department.

2 Likes

Re: Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by walearoy(m): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
Longeaton:

I can bet it with you, he might not leave the Chinese company in 3yrs.
Re: Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by Adesiji77: 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
davide470:
Banks have staffs in charge of their building maintenance and new branches layout & design, like it is a department on it's own, i think.

Having a B.Sc and M.Sc In CvlEng. is a sign he would be posted to that department.

You are right bro. They come in different names: Services/General Services/Property, etc

Even if they don't post him there initially, he can always get a redeployment through in-house vacancy or "lobby".

cc: Longeaton

2 Likes

Re: Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by Longeaton: 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
Thank you all for the advice
Re: Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by Forex2020247: 9:09am On Mar 12, 2017
Don't dare Nigeria construction company
You will never be the same.
Poor salary and bad working conditions. The outdoor job you will be exposed to.
Re: Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice by 234GT(m): 7:48pm On Mar 12, 2017
Access all the way. The two-year bond is nothing to worry about because two years in the banking industry is just like two months.

(1) (Reply)

Same Day Express Errands Delivery / Talent Vs Hardwork: Which Is Needed More To Succeed / Who Has Had Experience With Utiva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.