Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

SAI BABA'S RETURN: Jubilation Or Protest - The Media - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / SAI BABA'S RETURN: Jubilation Or Protest - The Media (468 Views)

(video) Buhari Supporters Storms Abuja,chants "Sai Baba" / Jubilation As Zaria Witnesses First Rainfall / TOO BAD!! See What Happened To This Man For Shouting Sai Baba In Ariari Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAI BABA'S RETURN: Jubilation Or Protest - The Media by comradeusmanhar: 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
SAI BABA'S RETURN: JUBILATION OR PROTEST

By: Ayoola Imran [Oyo State]

President Muhammadu Buhari finally returned back to Nigeria after 51 days vacation in London. But due to the medical recommendations, he couldn't return on the stipulated 6th, february, 2017. During his absence in the country, haters and rumormongers spread various controversies and speculations concerning the president's state of health.

Ayoola Imran - The Media

However, they reached to the extent of announcing the president's death. The fake and concocted news made the citizens' heart to pound, thus, making them to be worried. Public Commentators made several calls for the president to voice out, so as to assure that his healthy. But their calls proved abortive.

The citizens were left with pictures of the president welcoming some top politicians and visitors in UK. It was obvious that both the 'cabals' and the presidents' spokesmen played the ostrich about the status of the President's health. Hence, prayer warriors, both muslims and christians, organized different prayer sessions for the president recuperation. God so kind, the prayers were answered!

As the news of the president's return broke out on Friday, March 10, 2017, many citizens particularly Northerners trooped out on the streets and major roads to celebrate the safe return of the president from London. NAN reports that jubilant crowds took over the busy Abuja - Keffi highway, causing a heavy traffic snarl. Katsina and Bauchi states' jubilant thronged major highways within the metropolis to celebrate the return of the president.

In Jos, youths took to the streets dancing and cracking fireworks for their own celebration for the president. Unfortunately, some aggressive youths take the advantage of that jubilation by jubilating in excess; driving recklessly on the roads while others were seen carrying sticks and knives.

Is that a jubilation or protest? What is the essence of bringing out sticks and knives? Can't those youths jubilate peacefully? Why driving recklessly as if one is intoxicated? The president is there in the Villa enjoying and relaxing while those Sai Baba are there terrorizing the public in the name of jubilation and celebration. In some other areas such as Gombe, the celebration looks as if the jubilant were celebrating Sallah; slaughtering rams, eating, drinking and dancing.

Other citizen view the celebration as public disturbance and infringement on others' rights by singing and barricading the public roads.
Those youths should know that we're in the 21st century, therefore they should think out of box and behave maturely and decently.
Security personnel >>>read more>>> http://www.themedia.com.ng/2017/03/sai-baba-return-jubilation-or-protest.html
Re: SAI BABA'S RETURN: Jubilation Or Protest - The Media by comradeusmanhar: 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
seun, lalasticlala
Re: SAI BABA'S RETURN: Jubilation Or Protest - The Media by CoolFreeday(m): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
Its celebration, its unfortunate it wasn't done properly but I don't blame them tho'.
Re: SAI BABA'S RETURN: Jubilation Or Protest - The Media by psucc(m): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
Enough of Baba this Buhari that.. The fat that Nigerians are suffering doesn't mean that people are no longer drinking beer, babes chop chicken, guys use straw to drink pure water, and a few making fortunes outta the misfortune of others.

Nigerians has be immune so we suffer and smile at the same time. After all most of those shouting Sai baba have not eaten since morning.
Re: SAI BABA'S RETURN: Jubilation Or Protest - The Media by comradeusmanhar: 12:09am On Mar 12, 2017
It was celebration, How much I wish you were a direct witness to the so called celebration
CoolFreeday:
Its celebration, its unfortunate it wasn't done properly but I don't blame them tho'.
Re: SAI BABA'S RETURN: Jubilation Or Protest - The Media by CoolFreeday(m): 11:07am On Mar 12, 2017
comradeusmanhar:
It was celebration, How much I wish you were a direct witness to the so called celebration

I was, my road was block when I was going out and same when I was coming back.
Re: SAI BABA'S RETURN: Jubilation Or Protest - The Media by comradeusmanhar: 7:27am On Mar 15, 2017
So, na that one cum be celebration?
CoolFreeday:

I was, my road was block when I was going out and same when I was coming back.

(1) (Reply)

Http://guidepoint.com.ng Is Looking For Writers / Ile-ife Crisis: Afenifere Says Indigenes Are Being Detained / Suicide Rates Will Multiply In Nigeria Because? Let's Help One Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.