Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Which Nigerian Language Appeals More To Music Fans ? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Nigerian Language Appeals More To Music Fans ? (492 Views)

Should Gospel Music Fans In Nigeria Crucify Forbes Over Michael W Smith? / 15 Ways To Get More Music Fans / 15 Ways To Get More Music Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Nigerian Language Appeals More To Music Fans ? by seyi360(m): 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2017
Music fans, irrespective of the language of communication used by the artist, appreciates and enjoys the flavor and lyrics. Music they say is a universal language.

However, it seems some languages enjoy more preference by artists who have had their break into stardom using a particular indigenous language to make their music.

The likes of Fela, ASA, Nice, Wizkid, Davido, Wande Coal, Dbanj, Simi, Tiwa Savage, Dr. Sid, Oritsefemi, Adekunle Gold, Style Plus etc chose Yoruba as their indigenous musical language. Even artists who are Non Yorubas like Timi Dakolo, Ice Prince, Idris Abdulkareem can trace some of their lyrics to the Yoruba language.

While the likes of Flavour, Illbliss, Bracket, Phyno, Psquare etc have used Igbo as their indigenous musical language

Keffee, Sammy Okposo and Frank Edwards are some of the Niger Delta artistes who also promoted their native languages through their music.

The question is "Which of the Nigerian languages will most likely appeal more to music fans and make a hit track faster?"
Re: Which Nigerian Language Appeals More To Music Fans ? by raph101(m): 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
no question about that! Yoruba

abi Hausa wan talk

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Language Appeals More To Music Fans ? by Mcowubaba: 10:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
Frank Edwards is Igbo.. (South East)
Not Niger Delta... As in South South...

Music appeals to people in different ways, I'm more inclined to the genre of music and the musician's talent and personality NOT necessarily the language...

That's why I can listen to songs from Asa, Sarkodie, Phyno, Eminem, Metallica, Lorde, 21 pilots, Duncan Mighty, Imagine dragons, Pentatonix, Sam Smith, A great big world, chance the rapper, Olamide, Psquare, Tuface, wiz khalifa, Andre 3000....

I have a feeling that this thread may eventually end up in Tribal battle...

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Language Appeals More To Music Fans ? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
yoruba now......who don't knw dat

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Language Appeals More To Music Fans ? by tolulinks(m): 12:11am On Mar 12, 2017
I'm waiting for someone to say it's "igbo"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guys Check My New Song .skales Feat Coldman / Padiremz - VACANCY / Download Video: Harrysong & Del B – Comsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.