Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? (2847 Views)

Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Emmanuel Uduaghan Receives Silverbird Man Of The Year Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by texazzpete(m): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2009
Seems ThisDay, vanguard and others that usually give out these awards are keeping mum this year.

Perhaps this explains the deep hatred Vanguard's editorial staff seems to have for Sanusi?

PS: Silly topic, i know. Eveyone is allowed at least one a year cheesy
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by puskin: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2009
Hehehehe grin grin
U got that right.
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2009
Sanusi don deal with them exposing their yansh.I miss madam ibru
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Afam(m): 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2009
When all they do is collect or solicit money from the banks to give them awards while keeping the difference as profit what do you expect.

I am beginning to see a similar thing in the web industry where some companies organize and give awards to some IT companies even when the organizers don't know A from B.

With time, mediocrity and shameless "money for hand back for ground" ways of doing business will give way.

We have a lot of egg hands taking decisions that affect us all in Nigeria and that is a very serious issue.
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Ibime(m): 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2009
texazzpete:

Seems ThisDay, vanguard and others that usually give out these awards are keeping mum this year.

Perhaps this explains the deep hatred Vanguard's editorial staff seems to have for Sanusi?

PS: Silly topic, i know. Eveyone is allowed at least one a year cheesy

hehehehehehe
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2009
lol, lucky you pulled your skirt up before we shot at you
on the real though, u don see where 4th placed winner for track race dey brag ontop him gold because 1st, 2nd and 3rd were guilty of doping?
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by sophianah(f): 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2009
lol, laugh laugh laugh, who dem wan give,
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by OYBMEND: 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2009
you people should create a 'DOOM AND GLOOM AWARD' and give it to Sanusi

time will tell
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 18, 2009
hey supermods - my clone is back
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by ud4u: 10:41am On Dec 18, 2009
Na only award? when den dey die
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by milkan05(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2009
sanusi don do dem strong thingy
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by okwuduche(m): 11:53am On Dec 18, 2009
Dem dey give award for embezzlement and misappropriation of public funds? Though e dey happen atimes, but this time dem no fit shout. hahahaha
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by VALIDATOR: 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2009
Afam:

When all they do is collect or solicit money from the banks to give them awards while keeping the difference as profit what do you expect.

I am beginning to see a similar thing in the web industry where some companies organize and give awards to some IT companies even when the organizers don't know A from B.

With time, mediocrity and shameless "money for hand back for ground" ways of doing business will give way.

We have a lot of egg hands taking decisions that affect us all in Nigeria and that is a very serious issue.

You couldn't have said it bera.
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Emotivator(m): 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2009
they say in the land of the blind, one-eyed man is the king. But who is the one-eyed man in the nigerian banking industry to be given this year's award?

Is too bad.
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Redman44(m): 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2009
Our banks and bankers do not deserve any award this year and for years to come, until the Nigerian Banking industry is restructured. Our banks have failed to boost entrepreneurship in the country. They kept lending money to glorified 'billionaires' who ruined them with the EFCC stepping in to recover the borrowed funds. Don Sanusi has done his job. He should be left alone to continue his revolution. We do not have a banking industry in Nigeria at the moment. Psshwww,
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by atkinboy: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2009
award kooo awardy niiiii thift dem.
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by citizenY(m): 1:21pm On Dec 18, 2009
On a very serious note, I have not put much value to these awards. They are now so
cheap and worthless and are only as big as the ego of the recipients and the greed of
the organisations giving the award. We all know where This Day belongs in government circles.
The guy is just getting bloated in his pockets, ego and pauch with a funny patch on his chin.

Anyway, every banker is now maintaining a low profile. Before the next generation of
pilferers are born. These guys will come up with another trick- they call it product development-
like creating the first billionaire.
In other spheres, the show continues from Doctorate to certificate of merit. Me I expect an award
from Ini ( Akwa Ibom) . Na there I dey blow semo with vegetable and draw soup( combined honours).
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by blackasia: 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2009
IS THIS NOT THE SAME NEWSPAPERS THAT SHOWS HOW THESE BANKS PROFIT MARGIN IS HITTING THE SKY,THERE THIS AND THAT, NOW THE BUBBLE DON BURST , grin . MY ADVICE TO THEM IS TO TAKE THOSE AWARDS AND FANCY WRITINGS AND STICK IT UP THERE MOUTH AND ASS{PARDON MY FRENCH}
WE DEY WATCH UNA, BANKER KO , AWARD NI
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by biozy(m): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2009
they never deserved awards
Sanusi na u biko!
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2009
OYB_MEND:

time will tell

which one be doom and gloom award?
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Kaystick(m): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2009
may be when their enbattled chairman(mr akingbola) comes back this day can package many more award for him and his mrs ibru new investment.
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by kbone(m): 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2009
award ke? no need, not even in the future, its just unecessary glorification
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by rbn: 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2009
Redman44:

Our banks and bankers do not deserve any award this year and for years to come, until the Nigerian Banking industry is restructured. Our banks have failed to boost entrepreneurship in the country. They kept lending money to glorified 'billionaires' who ruined them with the EFCC stepping in to recover the borrowed funds. Don Sanusi has done his job. He should be left alone to continue his revolution. We do not have a banking industry in Nigeria at the moment. Psshwww,

True talk. All the sectors need to be sanitised too.
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by udennaa: 3:33pm On Dec 18, 2009
sophianah:

lol, laugh laugh laugh, who dem wan give,
grin
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by sentix(m): 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2009
Why cant they have the most fraudulent banker of the year award instead. Ole!
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by prettyG: 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2009
hahahahahaha
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by abhosts(m): 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2009
If those awards were in any way credible, GTB will be the sole recipient every year.
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Spyker: 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2009
Award ko, award ni. I have an award to give to them, the first bank to advertise in CNN Award since that is the latest move of our bank (STUPID ADVERT AWARD - SAA)
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Spyker: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2009
Thank you moderator
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by chosen04(f): 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2009
Spyker:

Thank you moderator

For what?
Re: No 'banker Of The Year' Award This Year? by Gekko(m): 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2009
OYB_MEND:

time will tell

Ha! you are living in denial.  You are talking about a man who rescued us from scandalous mercenary bankers.  If it wasnt for his intervention these banks would have spiraled out of control.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youth Lunch With Jonathan Turns Into Another Bribe-Fest / South-west Can't Reclaim House Speakership, Says Baraje / Financial Times Lagos Report - At Last, Some Balanced Coverage Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.