Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy (3325 Views)

Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari / It’s Unfair To Insinuate That Buhari Is Condoning Killings —presidency / Why PMB Is Silent On Kaduna Killings- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:41am On Mar 12, 2017
I will go straight to point.
It should be noted that as unjustifiable as the kinda savage butchery that happened in Ile-ife Osun state, this write up, however, is not to address the circumstances of the killings, rather our sentimental approach to ethno-religious clashes.
Now that we ve successfully disproportionately demonstrated our might and superior power to hausas resident in the south that we re capable of retaliating with devastating brutality, ferocity and depravity, so what next?
I hope it makes us happy?
Are we now satisfied after putting out nothing short of ten lives, many of whom were not even involved in the initial fracas?
The question which begs for answer now is, how re we different from the bigoted barbaric Hausa who, in times of ethno-religious conflict in the North, do not distinguish between the aggressors and the innocent bystander? They attack and kill all.
Does our newly found taste for butchery make us better than them or same as them?
Why isn't anybody blaming the state Governor? Oooh, he is not El-rufai whom we love to hate soooooooooooooo much.
Why aren't we blaming Ag President Osibanjos, who remains the acting President until PMB officially writes the national Assembly on Monday b4 he can officially resume UIoffc, for his continued silence?
While I do not blame Osibanjo for not haven made any official statement with regards to the killings, I'm however left shocked at our own hypocrisy.
If this had happened the otherway with PMB was the Ag President pple like FFK, Fayose and Omokri wud ve addressed the media, called a press conference and taken to the Internet.
The number of pple killed wud ve been inflated overnight and the whole Internet would ve since been agog with analyst, human right activists and most notably CAN highlighting how PMB ve failed to protect the pple of the south with an hidden agenda to BC Islamist the country.
Our hypocrisy stink to high heavens.
Lalasticlala and Mynd44 pls help answer some of these questions

16 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by boman2014: 11:43am On Mar 12, 2017
Good Questions

2 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by Adaodogwu(f): 11:43am On Mar 12, 2017
hmm
Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:47am On Mar 12, 2017
What you call hypocrisy I term necessity.

You see son, sometimes the cup of iniquity gets too full and leaves people no choice but to respond.
You cannot reason with a violent lunatic - force is sometimes a necessity to reset his brain
Shebi dem don 'cool down' now?

Kapish?

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by Jabioro: 11:52am On Mar 12, 2017
You talked but you know talk well.. Many killing base on ethnicity wahala in Northern area, there leaders has most times look the other way rounds. It has been common phenomenal. What do we do for the past events such as it is, nothing ....Leave it as is..

4 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by helinues: 11:58am On Mar 12, 2017
@ op you are wrong.. Had it been the hausas had the opportunity, they would have done more damages in compare to Yoruba.. I don't support the killing but I think the hausas/Fulanis should know their boundary

10 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by teemy(m): 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2017
a review of one of the first reports shows it was the ooni's palace that shielded and protected hausas in large numbers during the mayhem. though as the op pointed out not enough. cause should be revisited and addressed to forstall future reoccurence

3 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:19pm On Mar 12, 2017
Jabioro:
You talked but you know talk well.. Many killing base on ethnicity wahala in Northern area, there leaders has most times look the other way rounds. It has been common phenomenal. What do we do for past events such....Leave it as is..
May u not be an innocent victim of retaliatory attack

3 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by CoolFreeday(m): 12:22pm On Mar 12, 2017
Good write up, good questions.

That is why I don't take such people ( names mentioned) serious, they're only sentimental and bias in their comments because they hate PMB just like their supporters, we know better.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2017
OMENKA has woken up shocked

1 Like

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by Jabioro: 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
May u not be an innocent victim of retaliatory attack
It is a late prayer.. I have got my share of indiscriminate violence from them, I lost my blood brother and a relative Aunty to recently Kanfacha incessant killing..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
OMENKA has woken up shocked
why shouting Omenka upandan everywhere?

5 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by vedaxcool(m): 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
why shouting Omenka upandan everywhere?

Omenka is his slavior so he must always chant his name.

If this thread doesn't make front page then nl should be counted as a typical southern hypocritical platform.

Op great write up. The penchant for hypocrisy in this country is mind boggling and should be a source of worry for sane people. Imagine the stark silence from the mouths of ethno centric bigots.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by Samtob90(m): 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2017
boman2014:
Good Questions
which nonsense question is he asking? Hasn't Osinbajo issued a statement? He even gave a matching order to the inspector general to deploy a powerful investigating team to investigate and punish whoever is guilty and many arrest have been made. Try to be current with happenings rather rushing to disclose biased truth. The governor had been there and had made available some relief measure.

I expected powerful Yoruba's to have condemned the clash

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by DocHMD: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2017
OP is a muslim pro-aboki. If he had his way there will emirates in every village in the south. We know his antecedents here.

2 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by seunny4lif(m): 1:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
Na only Hausa dey Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by ifyan(m): 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2017
This is result of what they deserved.

Remember fulani/hausa free slaughtering.

1 Like

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by ificatchmodeh: 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2017
Atleast dem go know say yoruba blood dey hot!!
No be only ibos..

Now na combines suyalizing anytime their madness wan start. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by ivandragon: 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2017
the op has made a very valid opinion.

however, I think that point of view is based on the 'immediate' cause(s) of the crisis, which in my opinion & knowing the Yorubas, would not have escalated to this level if it was an isolated incident.

there are remote causes & simmering sentiments that used the opportunity to 'vent' pent up anger/malice.

if I remember correctly, about 2 or 3 corpers killed in the aftermath of the 2011 presidential elections were from Osun state (or had strong links I think). this loss would not have been forgotten by some people in Osun & they would have been waiting for the Hausa/Fulani to step out of line for a while... (el-rufai should know that its not only the Fulanis that have looooong memories)...

there are also other minor indirect skirmishes that have happened overtime.

so op, as much I as agree with your point, the reaction of the Ife people is most likely as a result of a long held grievance.

Yorubas & indeed southerners in general are not prone to mindless tribal attacks.

7 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:48pm On Mar 12, 2017
vedaxcool:

If this thread doesn't make front page then nl should be counted as a typical southern hypocritical platform.

Op great write up. The penchant for hypocrisy in this country is mind boggling and should be a source of worry for sane people. Imagine the stark silence from the mouths of ethno centric bigots.
Lalasticlala is probably still in church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2017
Hypocrisy of northerners. I've never seen them here condemn the killings in Agatu Enugu and Southern Kaduna rather a head slammer wants me to condemn something his kinsmen has taken for hobby.

Tell the Hausa that human life is precious and nobody has monopoly of violence.

I'm still searching for a thread where you wrote against the genocide in Kaduna

We are no fools to your double standards

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2017
vedaxcool:

O[s]menka is his slavior so he must always chant his name.

Op great write up. The penchant for hypocrisy in this country is mind boggling and should be a source of worry for sane people. Imagine the stark silence from the mouths of ethno centric big[/s]ots.
Save your spittle for a thread where someone died because buhari came back

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by ettybaba(m): 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2017
Hausa fulani are savages.
They forment trouble anywhere they have sizable population.
It is unfortunate they took the fight to the wrong people, NURTW members in the south.

7 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by DONGOYARO1: 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2017
Nice write up
Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by FriendNG: 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
vedaxcool:

Yes mynd44

1 Like

Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by nobsalis: 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2017
space for sale
Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by 0rlando0woh: 2:20pm On Mar 12, 2017
Yoruba Muslims and their loyalty to Hausa Fulani Sha.
Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2017
Life is now so cheap that human life is being taken here and there like water.
Re: Ile Ife Killings; Presidency Silence And Southern Hypocrisy by cleatoris: 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2017
DocHMD:
OP is a muslim pro-aboki. If he had his way there will emirates in every village in the south. We know his antecedents here.
Indeed. He is one of the most dogmatised, pro Sharia, pro-Caliphate moslem hypocrite on here.

Just imagine! He's even forcing the mods to put this sentiment ridden crap on the front page. What an intolerant and mediocre plonker!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Shocks Nigeria With The Hidden Truth About Buhari / Governor Ambode Is A Big Thief ~ Ettu Mohammed, Energy Expert / BREAKING NEWS: 5 Governorship Candidates Step Down For Labaran Maku In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.