|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,349,186 members, 5,210,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2019 at 01:14 AM
|The Source Of Prophecy by MozB(m): 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2017|
TOPIC: The Source Of Prophecy
MEMORY VERSE: "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation" (2peter 1:20)
CENTRAL TRUTH: The Bible is a more sure word of prophecy than heathen believe and fables.
AIM OF THIS LESSON: To prove to us that the HolyGhost moved the Bible writters to write the scriptures and not their personal feelings.
INTRODUCTION: Today's lesson brings to us the important and the authenticity of the Bible, as a message, from God and a message recorded by the Holy Spirit for us to remember and take heed in obeying and living by it. It detaste the use of the scriptures for any private interpretation and show clearly that the word of God acts like the light and can shine into our hearts (see more of this in psalms 119:130 and 2cor. 4:4-6).
LESSON EXPOSITION OF 2PETER 1:12-21
=> The Experience Of The Apostles- Vs 12-18:
¤ The Apostles, not to be negligent to his duty of warning and exhorting us today; wants through this lesson to:
1. Put us in remembrance
2. Stir us up in a way of remembrance
3. Have us remember the truth about Jesus and the confirm message and acceptance by the father through (a) we know him (b) we are established in the truth.
¤ He saw this neccessary and endeavoured to let us remember that:
1. They had never followed cunning devised fables.
2. It had been made known to them "The power of Jesus Christ and His coming"
3. They were eye-withnesses of Christ Majesty.
4. They withnessed that christ received from God the father, honour and glory
5. They withnessed when there came a voice from the excellent glory.
6. The voice they heard said "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased
7. They heard that voice clearly.
8. They were with Him in a holy mountain when the voice spoke - These he reminded them so that they may know they are on the right path and should not be shaken or become confused of their stand in the faith.
THE MESSAGE OF THE PROPHETS- VS 19-21:
The Apostle to confirm the hope of the believers more, had to inform then that there is availability of 'a more sure word of prophecy' (i.e than the one the worldly people believers and know). This word comes as a light that shines out of darkness and is raised in the hearts of believers- it is the prophecy of the scripture which:
(a) is not any private interpretation from ones own mind, impulses, and feeling
(b) come not in old time by the will of man
(c) The men who spoke were moved by the HolyGhost i.e they were speaking things that were beyound their knowledge but impart into their minds and mouths by the HolySpirit. A proof of this is seen in 1peter 1:10-12.
A WORD OF ADVICE: Beloved believers today, if we have this sure word from the HolyGhost - The Bible; how fearful should we hold it, how dilligently should be search it daily to hear more; and how bold should we be in preaching it with full assurance to the sin-sick world?
CONCLUSION: Since the Bible is God's approved message and real words from Him, we should read it daily and preach it boldly with full assurance.
HAVE YOU READ YOUR BIBLE TODAY?
God bless you!!!!
|Re: The Source Of Prophecy by Dolemite(f): 8:06am On Mar 13, 2017|
|Re: The Source Of Prophecy by MozB(m): 8:14am On Mar 14, 2017|
Dolemite:hehe... Dolemite which way? Thats knowledge o. Grab it!
|Re: The Source Of Prophecy by Dolemite(f): 9:13am On Mar 14, 2017|
|Re: The Source Of Prophecy by MozB(m): 11:51pm On Mar 18, 2017|
Dolemite:lol... See u
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56