Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,573 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. (4352 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Demands His Corpse For Burial / Femi Fani-Kayode: 'My Wife Has Abducted Me And Kept Me As A Prisoner In A Hotel' / My Brother, Uncles’ Names In List To Recall Me – Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2017
It is called "ojinoshi" in my place and it is very real.. a late male member of a family who died wihout a male child(heir) has he right to marry in his grave. his surviving wife or his brothers or extended family may decide to marry for him so as to produce male childrn to inherit his estat,farmlands, economic trees, position in community etc.. she is free to keep fornicating until she gets pregnant over and over again..
Fastfoward to now.. i have heard seen but never knew i would ever one day happen in my own family.. my aunt lost hr husband about ten years ago leaving only three daughters (my cousins).. due o political wranglings in my paternal family, it was obvious that her late husband is been shortchanged if not entirely fazed out in he schem of things hence her decision.. she kept it secret and boom.. surprised everybody .. its for real.. the new wife"ojinoshi" bride price has been paid and she is now our wife.(can you imagine)..my mother is even preparing to go and greet /welcome (her).... which kain life sef.. are male children not overhyped? whymust society ostracize widows...? do we not respect the rights of the dead? i dont blame her .. she was forced.. now she will force another wonan to fornicate on her behalf so she can have a right in her own husbands home.. forgive my typos .. i am not happy
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by SalamRushdie: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2017
chibboy:
It is called "ojinoshi" in my place and it is very real.. a late male member of a family who died wihout a male child(heir) has he right to marry in his grave. his surviving wife or his brothers or extended family may decide to marry for him so as to produce male childrn to inherit his estat,farmlands, economic trees, position in community etc.. she is free to keep fornicating until she gets pregnant over and over again..
Fastfoward to now.. i have heard seen but never knew i would ever one day happen in my own family.. my aunt lost hr husband about ten years ago leaving only three daughters (my cousins).. due o political wranglings in my paternal family, it was obvious that her late husband is been shortchanged if not entirely fazed out in he schem of things hence her decision.. she kept it secret and boom.. surprised everybody .. its for real.. the new wife"ojinoshi" bride price has been paid and she is now our wife.(can you imagine)..my mother is even preparing to go and greet /welcome (her).... which kain life sef.. are male children not overhyped? whymust society ostracize widows...? do we not respect the rights of the dead? i dont blame her .. she was forced.. now she will force another wonan to fornicate on her behalf so she can have a right in her own husbands home.. forgive my typos .. i am not happy

So who is going to sleep with the new wife

5 Likes

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

So who is going to sleep with the new wife
angry exactly the words i asked my mum before she just left to go and welcome "whoever" she is... my guess is anybody can.. any potent male
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by laudate: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2017
chibboy:

Guy, your story is incomplete. What is the name of your community? sad And in which area or local govt is this custom practised?

What happens to such children whose mother was not legally married to the dead man when he was alive, after they are born? Why do you think children who are conceived 10 years after a man died, would be classified and accepted as the dead man's offspring? shocked Don't think it is possible, though....
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by SalamRushdie: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2017
chibboy:
angry exactly the words i asked my mum before she just left to go and welcome "whoever" she is... my guess is anybody can.. any potent male

Ohhh any potential male from your uncles lineage ?
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2017
salamrushdie i think i am just dissappointd in my aunt sha.. i saw her two days ago and she never gave any sign she had something up her sleeves.. sad angry the heart of man.

2 Likes

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Ohhh any potential male from your uncles lineage ?
no no.. she will keep male friends.. boyfriends.. and so on.. i guess. she is very free to do as she liks just keep those male children coming.. i guess.. cry
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by SalamRushdie: 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
chibboy:
no no.. she will keep male friends.. boyfriends.. and so on.. i guess. she is very free to do as she liks just keep those male children coming.. i guess.. cry

Now I am confused
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
laudate:

Guy, your story is incomplete. What is the name of your community? sad And in which area or local govt is this custom practised?

What happens to such children whose mother was not legally married to the dead man when he was alive, after they are born? Why do you think children who are conceived 10 years after a man died, would be classified and accepted as the dead man's offspring? shocked Don't think it is possible, though....
Op, your attention is needed here

3 Likes

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by alizma: 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2017
laudate:

it is possible and culturally accepted in areas where it is practice, mainly in the Eastern Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2017
laudate:

do you know that denying the existence of God was punisheable by death sometime ago.. it was called blasphemy.. do not doubt everything.. you are not everywhere so travel and see things.. some tribes share their wives to vistors here in nigeria.. this is my own village here in nigeria.. for confidential reasons i will not disclose the exact place partly because my cousins (late uncles daughters) use android phone and they browse too. if they snoop in here they would id me.. they are in support of their mum pls i am not joking here..
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Now I am confused
cry pl dont be .. i am even more confused here
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2017
embarassed never knew this day will come.. my aunt surely has been dissasaociates by the christian associatons in the community now.. she ofcourse knew it will happen.. she was desperate for redemption
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by laudate: 5:24pm On Mar 12, 2017
alizma:
it is possible and culturally accepted in areas where it is practice, mainly in the Eastern Nigeria.

You don't say!! shocked shocked I still have my doubts, though....it sounds strange. undecided
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 5:30pm On Mar 12, 2017
laudate:

You don't say!! shocked shocked I still have my doubts, though....it sounds strange. undecided
ok.. keep doubting.. i once doubted that i was the product of sexual intercorse between my father and my mother.. i was in seconday school then. i remember arguing with my male cousin back then.. so did it change a thing?
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by Pavore9: 5:32pm On Mar 12, 2017
Am well aware of such. The late man's "wife" (who was married in his name after his demise) keep male friends who fathers the children who will bear the dead man's name.

I grew up with some people whose mother was married in that way and she had 6 of them ( 4 males and 2 females) and one need not be told they were all fathered by different men but they bear the name of their "late father" and have inherited his ancestral land.

As long as many traditions place premium on male children, this fornication and DNA mix will not stop. sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by kollynxofodile(m): 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2017
It is not strange,
She will have kids and those kids will have equal right as if they were the man's children

1 Like

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by laudate: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2017
chibboy:
ok.. keep doubting.. i once doubted that i was the product of sexual intercorse between my father and my mother.. i was in seconday school then. i remember arguing with my male cousin back then.. so did it change a thing?

Ba-aa-ad boy! cheesy
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by Jesusloveyou: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2017
alizma:

i knew is only ipods that can practice such evil.
After they will call themselves christians

3 Likes

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by laudate: 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2017
kollynxofodile:
It is not strange,
She will have kids and those kids will have equal right as if they were the man's children

Re-ea-ally? shocked Wonders will never cease. Sorry, I still find it hard to understand this kind of practice, though. sad I mean, if some other family member decides to take such kids to court, to claim they are not the dead man's children, and as such do not have the right to inherit his properties, don't you think that person would win?? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 5:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
Pavore9:
Am well aware of such. The late man's "wife" (who was married in his name after his demise) keep male friends who fathers the children who will bear the dead man's name.

I grew up with some people whose mother was married in that way and she had 6 of them ( 4 males and 2 females) and one need not be told they were all fathered by different men but they bear the name of their "late father" and have inherited his ancestral land.

As long as many traditions place premium on male children, this fornication and DNA mix will not stop. sad
May the God of abraham ..isaac aand jacob bless you for joining me in exposing nd condmming this sinful act .. d quest for male children.. cry

1 Like

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
i knew is only ipods that can practice such evil.
After they will call themselves christians
please do not derail this thead.. we want only clean and good minds here.. place your nice comments and we discuss..thanks

1 Like

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by kllinxman(m): 5:46pm On Mar 12, 2017
And if this new wife come fancy you, how u operate fone, ur swags and ur hair cut.... Kneel down lemme pray 4 u so u dont end up giving ur late uncle a heir.

2 Likes

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 5:48pm On Mar 12, 2017
laudate:

Re-ea-ally? shocked Wonders will never cease. Sorry, I still find it hard to understand this kind of practice, though. sad I mean, if someone other family member decides to take such kids to court, to claim they are not the dead man's children, and as such do not have the right to inherit his properties, don't you think that person would win?? shocked
you cannot take a community to court nd win..
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2017
kllinxman:
And if this new wife come fancy you, how u operate fone, ur swags and ur hair cut.... Kneel down lemme pray 4 u so u dont end up giving ur late uncle a heir.
your comment was funny but i refuse to laugh lipsrsealed
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by Pavore9: 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2017
chibboy:
May the God of abraham ..isaac aand jacob bless you for joining me in exposing nd condmming this sinful act .. d quest for male children.. cry

Some opt for their daughters to have children in her father's house before marriage, praying and hoping for male child(ren)from.her relationship(s) as such son(s) by tradition bear their maternal grandfather's name and have right to inheritance.

1 Like

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by alizma: 5:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
laudate:

Oga, I am not from the east but I am more like one of them. I spent a reasonable yrs of my life in that part of the country. I lived with them in there villages so I know what I am saying. it is neither a bad thing or taboo in areas where it is culturally accepted.

2 Likes

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by chibboy: 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2017
Pavore9:

Some opt for their daughters to have children in her father's house before marriage, praying and hoping for male child(ren)from.her relationship(s) as such son(s) by tradition bear their maternal grandfather's name and have right to inheritance.
this is true.. but it is just an unwanted pregnancy but throwayfacetheory if male.. Many parents dont even want their females to marry sef..
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by Pavore9: 5:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
laudate:

Re-ea-ally? shocked Wonders will never cease. Sorry, I still find it hard to understand this kind of practice, though. sad I mean, if someone other family member decides to take such kids to court, to claim they are not the dead man's children, and as such do not have the right to inherit his properties, don't you think that person would win?? shocked

The person will not win because the dowry paid on their​ mother in their "late father's​" name, bequeath right of inheritance to the children.
Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by Jesusloveyou: 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2017
chibboy:
please do not derail this thead.. we want only clean and good minds here.. place your nice comments and we discuss..thanks
forget about derail of thread, just tell us your village where such sin is being committed.

1 Like

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by Pavore9: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
chibboy:
this is true.. but it is just an unwanted pregnancy but throwayfacetheory if male.. Many parents dont even want their females to marry sef..

Some are planned pregnancies, I have worked and lived in many rural communities and experienced a lot.

There was a situation where the only son of the family who lived in Malaysia passed on, he didn't father a child. After the burial, the family decided that one of his sisters​ will stay behind and have children for the family.

1 Like

Re: Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. by laudate: 6:02pm On Mar 12, 2017
Pavore9:
The person will not win because the dowry paid on their​ mother in their "late father's​" name, bequeath right of inheritance to the children.

Huh?? shocked A father that was not even alive to consummate the marriage? You are kidding me, right?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

French President blasted Brazil's President for Mocking His Wife's Looks On Face / Travelling To The East For Xmas? See What Igbos Go Through In Military Checkpoin / Why Have APC Neglected This Young Man,upon All He Has Done For The Party?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.