Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today (6381 Views)

I Invented The World Wide Web. Here’s How We Can Fix It. / World Wide Web Celebrates 30 Years / How To Get Unlimited Shares To Your Blog Articles Rocking World Wide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by metroblogger: 8:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
Today makes it 28 years in which www has been in existence, and its inventor, Sir Tim Berners-Lee says that the web has lived up to its vision.

Berners-Lee said disclosed today in Lagos that March 28 marked 28 years since he submitted his original proposal for the web.

He said that he imagined the web as an open platform that would allow everyone, everywhere to share information.

According to him, the www is a platform to access opportunities and collaborate across geographic and cultural boundaries.

“In many ways, the web has lived up to this vision, though it has been a recurring battle to keep it open,’’ he said.

Berners-Lee said that he established ‘The Web Foundation’ in 1989 to be at the forefront of the fight to advance and protect the web for everyone.

He said that advancing and protecting the web was essential to reverse growing inequality and empower citizens.

“It has taken all of us to build the web we have, and now it is up to all of us to build the web we want for everyone.

“Today, we are working with more than 160 partner organisations to advance our mission in over 70 countries.

“We are helping to change the lives of over two billion people by connecting everyone, raising voices and enhancing participation through the open web.

“We are building a future in which the web empowers everyone, everywhere, to take part in building a fairer world,’’ the web inventor said.

Berners-Lee said that the Web Foundation blended powerful advocacy, cutting-edge research and practical innovation to build a better web for all

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/03/world-wide-web-marks-28-years.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by immortalcrown(m): 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2017
The day another planet was created. The problem and solution of the world is plus one today. Today should have been made a free browsing day in all parts of the world.

7 Likes

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by fidefineboy(m): 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2017
grin
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by kingvectorv(m): 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2017
Thats lovely
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by superior1: 7:02am On Mar 13, 2017
One single technology that has impacted and changed the pace of human advancement in unfathomable proportion.

4 Likes

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by Benjom(m): 7:02am On Mar 13, 2017
Waow... That's great!

"www", the whole world has indeed become a global village because of you.

#ItCanOnlyGetBetter

3 Likes

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 13, 2017
Happy anniversary
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by princeonx: 7:03am On Mar 13, 2017
Where is he from?
Watin be him parents name?
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by Olukologia(m): 7:03am On Mar 13, 2017
Any gift for the users? If none, Bleep off.
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by toocoded: 7:04am On Mar 13, 2017
Www......love the web though wink
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by lordsharks(m): 7:04am On Mar 13, 2017
Happy birthday to the internet
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by itiswellandwell: 7:05am On Mar 13, 2017
Nice one www
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by FILEBE(m): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2017
so much in little time. Nigeria is older than that yet we are developing at snail's speed.

1 Like

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by dollaflow(m): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2017
Ok
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by FakeAccount(m): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2017
One day, my comment will be the first on a Post. I will show it to my Secondary School teacher Mr. Oresanya, who said that I can't achieve anything in my life.

3 Likes

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by dejavubobo1(m): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2017
I remember 1996 wen I first saw an email address on a flyer... I was like how do I send a greeting card to u tru this grin

it's good my generation blended into the tech transformation over the years. & instead of marvel @d changes we saw it as normal.

3 Likes

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by kristian98(m): 7:06am On Mar 13, 2017
So na you make me to they sell video responsive site script abi
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by fotadmowmend(m): 7:06am On Mar 13, 2017
Jst lyk yesterday.... Some Nairalanders cannot relate with this

1 Like

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by Pavore9: 7:06am On Mar 13, 2017
It has changed the world.
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by Ayblaize(m): 7:07am On Mar 13, 2017
Olukologia:
Any gift for the users? If none, Bleep off.
If not for him you wouldn't be typing this shii

13 Likes

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 13, 2017
That means Google Blogger Platform is the oldest blogging platform grin

All drinks for Nairaland webmasters on mewink

*raise a glass cup of water*
Cheers
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by Abudu2000(m): 7:10am On Mar 13, 2017
yahoo boiz gonr be celebrating like in the 90s,lol

2 Likes

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by lordsharks(m): 7:12am On Mar 13, 2017
FakeAccount:
One day, my comment will be the first on a Post. I will show it to my Secondary School teacher Mr. Oresanya, who said that I can't achieve anything in my life.
Funny u
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by emperorAY(m): 7:15am On Mar 13, 2017
Dis initiative changed everytin :DDis initiative changed everytin
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by davodyguy: 7:15am On Mar 13, 2017
immortalcrown:
The day another planet was created. The problem and solution of the world is plus one today. Today should have been made a free browsing day in all parts of the world.

You're very correct

Whilst good people meet on the site, sites also allow convergence of terrorists and criminals.
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by grandstar(m): 7:16am On Mar 13, 2017
Got my first email address in 1996.

Through Ross Clayton

1 Like

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by infogenius(m): 7:17am On Mar 13, 2017
Cool, this has made communication easier

1 Like

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by hatchy(f): 7:20am On Mar 13, 2017
FakeAccount:
Chai! who do you this thing sef?

Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by Emmanuel602(m): 7:22am On Mar 13, 2017
ARSENE WENGER MUST GO

#WENGEROUT
Re: World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today by Valfrankie(m): 7:28am On Mar 13, 2017
CERN

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do Spammers Find Out When A New Domain Is Registered? / @@@ Experts In Development Of Courier Site, KLM and Sport Site Needed???. / Mozilla Announces Extension Support For The New Firefox For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.