Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,562 members, 7,770,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:51 AM

Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! (10835 Views)

Mercy Johnson Is Losing Weight By Swimming (photos) / Mercy Johnson Is Wanted By Nigerian Police / Mercy Johnson Is A Nairalander! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by koolchicco: 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2009
Actress Caroline Johnson, who was down with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (Cancer of the blood), and received overwhelming support before, during and after her operation in India, has died.

The mother of three, who acted as Uju in popular Christian soap ‘Heaven’s Gate’, passed on at 5:30PM yesterday (Wednesday December 16), after suffering a relapse.

Her husband Tony told www.nigeriafilms.com early this morning that his wife was ‘very okay’ until last Saturday when she ’suddenly took ill’.

”It started again on Saturday. By Sunday she was unconscious. We had taken her to the hospital (St Mary’s hospital in Omole, Lagos) where she was transfused and revived”

”She was bleeding from her mouth and nose and under the skin” Mr Johnson told www.nigeriafilms.com.

Caroline was placed on artificial Oxygen.

By Tuesday she got really better, her husband says. ”They were planning to discharge her on Thursday (today), and i even told her i’ll get her a wheelchair so we can go to the Redemption Camp”.

”Unfortunately, she broke down again on Wednesday morning”.

”She was tired”, Tony says, telling www.nigeriafilms.com that her last statement was: ”I have finished the Book”.

Before leaving for India, Caroline Johnson went through endless chemotherapy and blood transfusions at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH).

Her illness was diagnosed in October 2008 – she was at the time, five months pregnant with her third child (whom she gave birth to, prematurely, on December 17, 2008).

She is survived by her husband Tony (they were married for seven years), and their three kids: Omolayo, Imisioluwa and Oluwatise (who clocks 1 today)

The late Caroline attended Ifako International Secondary School in Lagos and studied Mass Communication at Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ogun State.
http://nigeriafilms.com/news/6352/2/breaking-news-actress-caroline-johnson-is-dead.html

Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by candylips(m): 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2009
. . . . . news coming from the horses mouth himself smiley
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by bubugul(f): 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2009
So sorry to hear that may God grant her enternal rest in JESUS NAME, and the familiy she left behind, may God give them a heart to bear to loss
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by FAIDATH: 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2009
R.I.P
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by nellaluv(f): 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2009
Eya she even attended the same secondary school with moi.
R.I.P. Upon all the support and encouragement and everything. This life is beautiful. May God grant her husband and kids the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by MrCrackles(m): 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2009
Dang. . . . .  sad
Dont know her or watched any of her movies. . . .
R.I.P
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2009
R.I.P sad.
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2009
May her soul R.I.P
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by whitesturd(f): 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2009
r.i.p
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by mamagee3(f): 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2009
May her soul rest in peace! tongue
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by pureminded: 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2009
God , so this lady actually died, ! Haa, i pity her O sad [sup]I read abt her condition in a paper sometimes ago, abt cancer or somefin[/sup] sad
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by SeanT21(f): 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2009
She can rest now. cry
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by ima1(f): 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2009
May her soul RIP, its hard to beat blood infections, maybe full blood transfusion might help but there could still be complications.
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by platinumnk(f): 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2009
Tuberculosis is no joke sad

Chemo and Radiation is very painful and life draining sad
Now she can rest.
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by Borat1: 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2009
Cancer is just a notorious disease. .
it takes you to the 12th round, then knocks you out sad
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by SeanT21(f): 1:46am On Dec 18, 2009
My step-daddy died from liver cancer a couple of months ago. May God strengthen her family. I know how they feel.
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by TOPE20001(f): 1:48am On Dec 18, 2009
r.i.p
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by mamagee3(f): 1:48am On Dec 18, 2009
SeanT21:

[b]My step-daddy died from liver cancer a couple of months ago. May God strengthen her family. I know how they feel.[/b]

I send my Condolences, May his soul rest in Peace! cry
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by chiogo(f): 1:50am On Dec 18, 2009
SeanT21:

My step-daddy died from liver cancer a couple of months ago. May God strengthen her family. I know how they feel.
So sad. May he rest in peace.

@topic, never heard of her but this is truly unfortunate. R.I.P, Caroline.
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by SeanT21(f): 1:53am On Dec 18, 2009
chiogo:

So sad. May he rest in peace.

@topic, never heard of her but this is truly unfortunate. R.I.P, Caroline.

mama-gee:

I send my Condolences, May his soul rest in Peace! cry

Thanks. He is at peace now. He was in so much pain.
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by amebono1: 1:56am On Dec 18, 2009
aww R.I.P carol

@sean

may he rest in peace

hows your mum coping?
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by SeanT21(f): 2:01am On Dec 18, 2009
!amebo no1:

aww R.I.P carol

@sean

may he rest in peace

hows your mum coping?

She is doing good. He was in a horrible condition so we are all relieved that he is resting now.
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by mamagee3(f): 2:22am On Dec 18, 2009
I bet he's at peace, now. tongue
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by SeanT21(f): 2:24am On Dec 18, 2009
He is. cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by amebono1: 2:43am On Dec 18, 2009
was he a good step dad when he was alive sean?
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by vanni(f): 3:35am On Dec 18, 2009
Adieu Caroline, The lord knows best
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by SeanT21(f): 5:05am On Dec 18, 2009
!amebo no1:

was he a good step dad when he was alive sean?

Yes eventhough he punished me many of times.
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by tiwatomi(m): 9:39am On Dec 18, 2009
MAY HER SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE (R.I.P)
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by Warona: 10:31am On Dec 18, 2009
Adieu! May her soul rest in peace, Thy Lord will strenght her family .
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 18, 2009
so sad,

may her soul rest in perfect peace! sad
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 18, 2009
so so sad

I tried to raise money for her on NL back then before the ops, but my posts where removed as soon as I put them up. Amazingly the story makes the front page of NL now that she is dead!!

I feel so bad, I have not been myself since I heard yesterday  cry cry cry

Nothing dey this life o

May her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Breaking News: Actress Caroline Johnson Is Dead! by nkb: 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2009
Ah ,
this is really sad, Uju, farewell, we miss you dearly, may God grant your family the grace to bear this irreparable loss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

24 Years After Acting The Tvseries 'papa Ajasco', See Their Recent Photos / The 25 Sexiest Women Currently On TV / Where Is Uche Obi Osotule?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.