Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,141 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards (926 Views)

5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards / 5 Healthy, Delicious And Low-calorie Weight Loss Recipes / The 5 Healthy Foods For A Flat, Sexy Tummy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards by michaelo2(m): 8:35am On Mar 13, 2017
Beards are not only top hot, they're actually good for you, I should know I got one. So if anyone ever brings up that one study that found feces particles in beards , you can counter with any of the following facts:

1. Prevents Skin Cancer
Recent researches have shown that 95 per cent of UV rays from the sun are blocked by beards. Besides keeping the sun out of your face, this is also important as exposure to UV rays can cause cancer . It depends on how thick your hair is.

2. Reduction Of Asthma And Allergy Symptoms
If you suffer from pollen or dust allergy or even asthma, facial hair actually help by working as a filter and prevent the allergens from settling. This is not much different from the hair in your nose.

3. Stave Off Illness
So it might be summer now, but when it gets biting cold during fall or winter or harmattan the beard will keep you warm and can actually help you battle colds as well. The longer the beard, the more better the insulation you get!

4.Reduce Infections
You never have to worry about bacterial infections, ingrowths and folliculitis (infection of the hair follicles, causing spots) with a beard. These infections are occupational hazards of regular shaving.

5. Natural Moisture
The last thing about keeping beards is that you do not have to worry about dry skin. The hair keeps wind and cold air out, helping your skin battle dryness. Also the sebaceous glands help keep your skin moisturized better when you have a beard, because there is no way you are getting the moisture out of the beards.

Beards are so much manlier than a hairless chin. And with these health benefits too!

source: http://www.healththismoment.com/2017/03/5-healthy-reasons-to-keep-beards.html?m=1

Re: 5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards by LAFO: 8:58am On Mar 13, 2017
Wonde o
Re: 5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2017
Very informative. For over 8 years i have kept clean-shaven face but feb i decided to join the "beard gang" and suddenly i have become more attractive. Small small girls have just be eyeing me even the "mama" as usual are not left out.
Truth be told, i was damn tired of shaving constantly and my face is kind of hyper-pigmented around my beard areas.

Keeping beards do have health advantages.

1 Like

Re: 5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards by Durentmoney: 8:41pm On Mar 13, 2017
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Very informative. For over 8 years i have kept clean-shaven face but feb i decided to join the "beard gang" and suddenly i have become more attractive. Small small girls have just be eyeing me even the "mama" as usual are not left out.
Truth be told, i was damn tired of shaving constantly and my face is kind of hyper-pigmented around my beard areas.

Keeping beards do have health advantages.
ok.we have heard
Re: 5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
Durentmoney:
ok.we have heard
I smell beef somewhere.
Re: 5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards by Durentmoney: 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

I smell beef somewhere.
u smell very well.
Just because you can grow a beard doesn't mean you should make us who can't grow one feel inferior.
Re: 5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2017
Durentmoney:
u smell very well.
Just because you can grow a beard doesn't mean you should make us who can't grow one feel inferior.
No, i never knew my comment would spring up such an emotion in you. But you having a beardless face does not change who you are as a person. You should even count yourself lucky. At least you don't have to constantly shave so that you don't get mistaken for a caveman.

1 Like

Re: 5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards by Durentmoney: 6:44am On Mar 15, 2017
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

No, i never knew my comment would spring up such an emotion in you. But you having a beardless face does not change who you are as a person. You should even count yourself lucky. At least you don't have to constantly shave so that you don't get mistaken for a caveman.
i dont count myself lucky. Beardless at 22. Sucks!
Re: 5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Durentmoney:
i dont count myself lucky. Beardless at 22. Sucks!

Common, don't you know you not having beards makes you have that "young" ageless looks? I have friends in their early and mid 40s with not a strand of hair on their face. I really envy them with their smooth faces with no shaving bumps. But i just discovered that women nowadays like those beards on men, it kind of bring out that masculinity.
Re: 5 Healthy Reasons To Keep Beards by edimlu12345: 9:27am On Mar 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRHxLJZ-olo http://www.ebaylamarket.com/store/cou...start making your orders on country style chicken and on ebaylamarket.com for a 15% discount also stand a chance to win big prizes when u place ur order on ebaylamarket.com home and office delivery is available

(1) (Reply)

Any Antenatal Or Childbirth Experience With Reddington Hospital, VI, Lagos? / Are You Being Embarrassed Due To Epilepsy, Here Comes An End To This!!! / Coronavirus Has Acute Anaphylaxis Symptoms Kind Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.