Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed (724 Views)

Next List Of Looters Will Shock Nigerians – Lai Mohammed / Next List Of Looters Will Shock Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 13, 2017
Temidayo Akinsuyi

Lagos – Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed on Monday said he never deceived Nigerians when he said President Muhammadu Buhari is hale and hearty while he was on vacation in the United Kingdom (UK).

The Minister, who spoke in a chat with INDEPENDENT, was responding to claims by some Nigerians who accused him of being economical with the truth on the actual state of health of the president.

Though the Minister had repeatedly said the president is hale and hearty, President Buhari, who arrived the country on Friday morning 49 days after he left the country had said he had never been this sick at a meeting he had with government officials.

“I couldn’t recall being so sick since I was a young man, including in the military with its ups and downs”.

Speaking on Monday, the Minister said as the nation’s number one information officer, he had no cause to deceive Nigerians who are anxious to know the true state of health of their president.

He said the statements he issued on the president’s health is to calm nerves, assured Nigerians that the president is fine and to discountenance the claims by some rumour peddlers that the president is terminally ill.

“The management of the president’s health and information regarding it is a very delicate issue. On the one hand, we do not want to create panic and most importantly, we want to assure the country that all is well with the president”.

“I said whatever is wrong with Mr. President is neither terminal nor life- threatening. The context in which I said the president is hale and hearty is against the background where some mischief makers said he was dead or that he was suffering from a terminal disease”.

“For a government spokesperson in managing news regarding the president, the most important for him is to calm nerves, reassure the nation and not create panic. It was against that background in reassuring the nation that the statement was made that President Buhari is hale and hearty and there is no cause for alarm as opposed to the wild rumours that the man is dead, he is terminally ill and all kinds of things” he said
http://independentnig.com/buharis-health-i-didnt-deceive-nigerians-lai-mohammed/

Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by glight1: 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2017
we hear so wat next pls?
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by DrDeji20(m): 5:02pm On Mar 13, 2017
Lies from the pits of hell

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by sweery(f): 5:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
They you said he was 'hale and hearty'
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 13, 2017
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by petrov10: 5:17pm On Mar 13, 2017
Lai again

Reno over to you.
Deal with him fast

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by joe4real12: 5:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
He said the statements he issued on the president’s health is to calm nerves, assured Nigerians that the president is fine and to discountenance the claims by some rumour peddlers that the president is terminally ill.
Oga Lai, lies don't calm nerves, but creates tension.
Just agree that you lied for once so that we can defend you that you have spoken the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 13, 2017
When is this man going to stop this ?
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by TheFreeOne: 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2017
Shameless minister of misinformation.
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by 2cato: 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
Like apc like lie mohammed like their zombies and like their bmc. One thing is common among them telling lies to calm nerves
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by dunkem21(m): 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2017
This man should stop insulting our collective sensibilities angry
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by id911(m): 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hahahahah... Liar mohammed trying with new lies to cover up old lies to deceive his zombies followers. Buhari is back, he will soon increase his 'volume' of lies
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by annnikky(f): 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2017
Minister of liars one of Nigeria undecided
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Emekamex(m): 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2017

Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by 989900: 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
He is good at what he does -- very good!

Who's the kid that was expecting the minister to come on air and say his boss is not hale and hearty?
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Jessestunch: 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2017
Excuse me Sir, this your story nor dey add on.. But who am I to take a action?

So I say WELLDONE SIR.
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
But they said buhari had undergone a prostrate cancer surgery before he became president.
Re: Buhari’s Health: I Didn’t Deceive Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Raphael81(m): 7:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
Do we rear idiots in this country? If a person's father is as old as this and still tell lies comfortably then something is definitely wrong with him, he should meet an APOSTLE for deliverance from lying spirit...

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News Again In Nyahasang, Calabar,cross River State! / Okorocha's Son Bag Master's Degree From Imperial College / Nollywood Actor Jim Iyke Visits Nnamdi Kanu At His Residence (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.