Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? (925 Views)

This Is Why Nigeria Was Handed Over To The North By Britain In 1960 - FFK / Afcfta Rwanda: We Can Travel In 27 Countries Now On The Continent With No Visa / Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by nigeriasmack: 10:04pm On Mar 13, 2017
look at the map, nigeria has set a high bar to any foreigner beyond those west african countries . it is highly troublesome for foreigners to apply a nigerian visa.

why does nigeria make a cocoon of itself ? nobody is free to access or exit . people and capital are prevented from accessing nigeria as free as any other country. this strict visa policy hurts nigeria too.

what makes nigeria think that, if it opens the visa free policy to more countries, people from those countries will rush to nigeria ? ! only the businessmen would come to nigeria , out of sheer necessity. so a stringent visa policy is funny and unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by Blue3k(m): 10:10pm On Mar 13, 2017
How many countries have visa free with us? I have no idea maybe someone else can contribute.
Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by nigeriasmack: 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
Blue3k:
How many countries have visa free with us? I have no idea maybe someone else can contribute.

how can you compare with this?

172 countris give US visa free or visa on arrival, but US only gives less than 20 countris visa free.

nigeria can not expect a reciprocal overture from other countries.

what i suggest is an unilateral visa free policy.

just like morocco, nigeria gives it visa free, without it returning this favor.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by Blue3k(m): 10:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
nigeriasmack:

how can you compare with this?

172 countris give US visa free or visa on arrival, but US only gives less than 20 countris visa free.

nigeria can not expect a reciprocal overture from other countries.

what i suggest is an unilateral visa free policy.

just like morocco, nigeria gives it visa free, without it returning this favor.

If you say so I don't have an opinion yet honestly. It would be cool. I always assumed it's because they want US dollars and we don't try to overstay. We should offer it more towards trading partners as show of goodwill.
Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by nigeriasmack: 10:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
at least, i think , nigeria should give visa free to the EU citizens, and people from US and China. they are either travelers or businessmen. and these countries have a low crime rate that, the citizens of these countries would not bring any trouble to nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by babyfaceafrica: 10:27pm On Mar 13, 2017
Lolz..if people don't give us visa free..we shouldn't

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by nigeriasmack: 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Lolz..if people don't give us visa free..we shouldn't

this is childish stupidity.

nigeria will hurt itself more than benifit from this stalemate situation.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by babyfaceafrica: 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
nigeriasmack:

this is childish stupidity.

nigeria will hurt itself more than benifit from this stalemate situation.
so we should be father Xmas?... I prefer status quo
Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by nigeriasmack: 10:37pm On Mar 13, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
so we should be father Xmas?... I prefer status quo

but nigeria will lose nothing if it chooses discreetly which few countries it would bestow visa free on. does nigeria lose its dignity if it holds out the overture at first?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by SalamRushdie: 10:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
Because Nigeria is an Islamic country that doesn't want westerners to turn here to Sodom and gammorah
Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by nigeriasmack: 10:42pm On Mar 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Because Nigeria is an Islamic country that doesn't want westerners to turn here to Sodom and gammorah

honestly speaking, even nigeria looses its visa policy towards the powers, the latter would not come in a big number. only a few curious and intrepid travelers and greedy businessmen would make it here.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by Blue3k(m): 10:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Lol Sodom and Gammorah. Could Nigeria talk considering it Crime stats, curruption, hypocrite in office. They all steal in name of Jesus allah of what ever higher power they claim. None of them are atheist.

nigeriasmack:

honestly speaking, even nigeria looses its visa policy towards the powers, the latter would not come in a big number. only a few curious and intrepid travelers and greedy businessmen would make it here.

We know how u feel about issue . I'll bump thread a few times.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by nigeriasmack: 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol Sodom and Gammorah. Could Nigeria talk considering it Crime stats, curruption, hypocrite in office. They all steal in name of Jesus allah of what ever higher power they claim. None of them are atheist.

We know how u feel about issue . I'll bump thread a few times.

i feel nothing, i just broach a topic and hope for some response, and explanations.
Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by omohayek: 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
nigeriasmack:

what makes nigeria think that, if it opens the visa free policy to more countries, people from those countries will rush to nigeria ?
The usual baseless pride that afflicts most Nigerians, leading to ridiculous talk about being "the Giant of Africa" (as if having masses of poor people were something to boast about), urging for the expulsion of South African businesses (even though Nigeria is in desperate need of FDI), and imagining that they're "sending a message" by making it hard for Westerners to get visas to Nigeria (when you couldn't pay most of them to visit).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Gives No Visa Exempt To Most Countries? by Blue3k(m): 5:16am On Mar 23, 2017
Hey OP Buhari's administration is on same page as you. Feel free post full story. Congrats on you got policy you wanted.

“The Nigeria Immigration Service has consolidated arrival and departure forms; the Ministry of Interior has drafted a new Visa Policy outlining visa-free entry for certain countries and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued a second directive on 48-hour visa processing time.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/ease-business-presidency-effects-visa-free-policy/

(1) (Reply)

Cause Of Senator Isiaka Adeleke’s Death Revealed / Buhari Wanted To Rest Today And work from home: Lai Mohammed / PHOTOS: Osinbajo, Fayose, Amosun And Akeredolu At Burial Of Adeyinka Adebayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.