Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,943 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story (638 Views)

The Untold Story Of The Biafran Ogbunigwe / Profiling Nnamdi Kanu... Son Of The Rising Sun - The Sun / Countdown To May 30th 2017, the Biafran story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story by leystan18(m): 12:12am On Mar 14, 2017
I just finished reading "Half of the Yellow Sun" by Ngozi Adichie and it left me irritated, angry and surprised. Surprised at how a particular Sect of people could unite in pursuit of "one just cause". Indefatigable, undaunted and not in anyway faze out from their victory and final redemption.
In my amazement I became angry and wondered how they could focus sternly on the possibility of a "rising sun" that they couldn't notice that the only thing rising was the stomach of an innocent child in the camp robbed off his parents and home and even the hope of tomorrow. His eyes sunken and wary of searching for answers to questions he left unexpressed - what are my doing here? why was I born in this time and place? why is my world at war? would I be better off at the other side? but could they other side be right? of course not for he was told they were blood sucking vampires with face as black as soot and brownish teeth they flash while forcefully taken pregnant women before tearing their belly open.....

I was enraged on how men in power could play on the gullibility of innocent men and make them fight themselves. I became bitter when I saw that men and women lost their sense of reasoning and held onto their guns so tight and fought hard for a "reason" they were scared to loose.

I saw how powerful rhetorics and targeted word power from an "Oxford accented" tongue could make a professor drop his pen and pick a gun. In all of it I saw how religion and politics are sly weapons used by men at will to turn men against each other fill them with a sense of duty to a greater cause and watch them consume themselves...

It all started when the man on a "metal animal on four legs" and a "chimney" in his mouth came, we were amused at his foolishness and amazed by his gun powder and strong drinks, so we welcomed him. Then, he promised us "unity" as though for thousand years we haven't being united by trades and farming.... we welcomed his aesthetic marriage of three couples with almost 450 children together. I guess its much easier to steal from them when they were "family". He Stole our golds and used it to restore back their towns and cities severed by blows from Hitler's tanks. they took our men and built the rail system to easily transport their loots.

They became tired of our mosquitoes and harsh sun and told us we could rule ourselves we became amazed and excited and this anxiousness blinded us from seeing the "post- colonial" puppets they placed around to be figure head while they discharged orders from a cozy and mosquito free placed filled with red wines and Ball Parties. In this excitement we hurriedly accepted a constitution made to favour and give supremacy to a particular religion. we were so eager to take their sits and walk their walk and talk their talk. Anxious to be called Lord and Excellencies. They maximised on our greed and dreamy ambitions.

Ten years later the thick film fell of our eyes and we eliminated their puppets. we destroyed an empire they've taken years to grow. That was truly our independence day. We reshuffled the cards and they were willing to still win at all cost. They played their religious and political card and it changed the game. Bitterness rose up against us, and we fought ourselves. They sold us knife and we held firmly to it shredding off the thread of unity that held us together while we sang songs of patriotism and when we were tired they rained down "manna from heaven" and urged us to continue, we did for three years and finally the centre could hold no more and things fell apart......

"no victor , no vanquished" the melody of the words as they aid heal our wounds and brought us back. We began to strive, rebuilding the patches that remained of us and we now are stronger and better..

and NOW just like they say history might repeat itself....

"Eternal vigilance they price of liberty"

# saynotowar
# stopneocolonialism
# stanleysaysso
Re: Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story by Wackyrichy(m): 12:13am On Mar 14, 2017
Re: Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story by ipobarecriminals: 1:15am On Mar 14, 2017
undecided sad stop wasting ur time/allow somebody to play u.Biafra is dead with ojukwu.Kanu is a scammer.Untill u see Okorocha, Kalu, Obiano, Uba @ the forefront of this agitation, nah hopeless, worthless fight una yweets dey fight
Re: Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story by leystan18(m): 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
undecided sad stop wasting ur time/allow somebody to play u.Biafra is dead with ojukwu.Kanu is a scammer.Untill u see Okorocha, Kalu, Obiano, Uba @ the forefront of this agitation, nah hopeless, worthless fight una yweets dey fight
[quote author=ipobarecriminals post=54565785] undecided sad

we both are saying the same thing na...u read read da post at all..??
Re: Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story by kingzizzy: 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
undecided sad .Untill u see Okorocha, Kalu, Obiano, Uba @ the forefront of this agitation, nah hopeless, worthless fight una yweets dey fight

And how many of them did you see @ the forefront when Lord Lugard was creating Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story by paschu: 12:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
There are only two entities that can blame the victim for daring to defend herself:

1. A demon.

2. A fool.

A child who wishes to be the judge should first wish to unravel the root causes of the scenario he wishes to judge.

leystan18:
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story by leystan18(m): 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
paschu:
There are only two entities that can blame the victim for daring to defend herself:

1. A demon.

2. A fool.

A child who wishes to be the judge should first wish to unravel the root causes of the scenario he wishes to judge.

Explain please.....
Re: Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story by snika: 1:35am On Mar 15, 2017
leystan18:
Explain please.....
Any child who demands for explanation after being told a parable, his mother's bride price is...
Re: Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story by leystan18(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2017
snika:

Any child who demands for explanation after being told a parable, his mother's bride price is...
clap for yourself.... you've made a point....

I got your Ilo.....but do j think I don't know wat caused the war?? even if the reasons were right.... on the cause of the war when his excellency clearly saw the tides are against him why didn't he do something??

(1) (Reply)

22 Former Governor In Trouble As Efcc Sets To Commence Prosecution / Breaking : Senate Reject Magu's Nomination By Popular Vote / 5 APC Chieftains That Deserve Federal Appointment From Buhari-naijasimple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.