Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,205 members, 7,849,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:48 AM

S’african Judge Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years Imprisonment For ‘trafficking’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / S’african Judge Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years Imprisonment For ‘trafficking’ (348 Views)

Hushpuppi Faces Up To 20 Years Imprisonment In US / 30-Year-Old Nigerian Arrested In India For Trafficking Cocaine, Hard Drugs. PICS / South African Court Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years For Human Trafficking [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S’african Judge Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years Imprisonment For ‘trafficking’ by yashau(m): 7:48am On Mar 14, 2017
Ogochukwu was found guilty of four charges relating to human trafficking.
His victim was said to have escaped in August 2015, and received help from a nearby church in Rosettenville. After the minor escaped officials alerted the police and Ogochukwu was arrested. Known to the girl as Johnny, Ogochukwu was said to have sexually abused her.
“Clearly what hap-pened to her was cruel, inhuman and degrading and was a violation of the right to human dignity, which is enshrined in our constitution,” Mabesele said.
“The perpetrators of these offences deserve severe punishment in order to protect and promote a bright future for our young generation.” The court heard that he would drug her, force her to perform sexual acts with other men and take the money she made through prostitution.
The young girl was reportedly given 50 rand a day for food and a further rand 100 for every man she was forced to sleep with.
The judge said Ogochukwu took advantage of the teenager as she was homeless after running away from her Vereeniging home in 2015 following a fight with her mother.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/safrican-judge-sentences-nigerian-20-years-imprisonment-trafficking/

1 Like

Re: S’african Judge Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years Imprisonment For ‘trafficking’ by yashau(m): 7:50am On Mar 14, 2017
Na them!

Actually, something strange happen to me yesterday, I wanted to play PES 2017 on my laptop yesterday, i choosed ARSENAL & the computer automatically select BAYERN MUNICH as my opponent. when it finished loading, my players refused to come out...
Re: S’african Judge Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years Imprisonment For ‘trafficking’ by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 14, 2017
The developers of Lagos.

Giving Nigeria a bad name since time immemorial

You wonder why South Africans are attacking them

flatheaded ugandans lipsrsealed
Re: S’african Judge Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years Imprisonment For ‘trafficking’ by sweery(f): 7:54am On Mar 14, 2017
Bad
Re: S’african Judge Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years Imprisonment For ‘trafficking’ by anonymuz(m): 8:17am On Mar 14, 2017
NCAN where are you?
Re: S’african Judge Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years Imprisonment For ‘trafficking’ by omofunaab(m): 9:41am On Mar 14, 2017
Na wa for dis people oooo.

Which crime wey dem no dey do

(1) (Reply)

Crime In My Country Has Grown Pot Belly / Muslims Should Stop Begging, It’s Against Islam – Sultan​ Of Sokoto / Woman Allegedly Incurs N757, 000 At Lagos Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.