Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,343 members, 7,860,880 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:55 PM

Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! (1066 Views)

PHOTO Of The Day I Swear You Will Laugh And Think / 20 Unbelievable Pictures That We Swear Aren't Photoshop .....enjoy! / FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Sagamite(m): 10:33am On Dec 18, 2009
What kind of prudish mindset sees the following words as "vulgar"?

Nak-ed is so vulgar it has to be changed to unclothed.

Bre-ast is so vulgar it has to be changed to bosom.

Ra-pe is so vulgar it has to be changed to despoil.

Pi-mp is so vulgar it has to be changed to love-vendor.

This words make some people lose their sleep?

RIDICULOUS!!! grin
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by FBS: 10:38am On Dec 18, 2009
I'm sure you can do without using those words.
English is a very rich language! grin
Besides, if you are that pressed to use such "vulgar" words, use your mother-tongue. cheesy
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Sagamite(m): 10:40am On Dec 18, 2009
FBS:

I'm sure you can do without using those words.
English is a very rich language! grin
Besides, if you are that pressed to use such "vulgar" words, use your mother-tongue. cheesy

The key question is what kind of mentality sees ra-pe as a vulgar word?

What planet is the person living on?
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by FBS: 10:46am On Dec 18, 2009
Sagamite:

The key question is what kind of mentality sees ra-pe as a vulgar word?

What planet is the person living on?
I don't it see as vulgar. I see it is as very disappointing. Such words should not be thrown about anyhow. Can you use it in front of your kids? and by the way I live on planet earth. grin
Strange though that you only picked on that. . .what about others? undecided grin
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Sagamite(m): 10:50am On Dec 18, 2009
FBS:

I don't it see as vulgar. I see it is as very disappointing. Such words should not be thrown about anyhow. Can you use it in front of your kids? and by the way I live on planet earth.  grin
Strange though that you only picked on that. . .what about others?  undecided grin

Ole o!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So is na-ked also vulgar or disappointing?

Or bre-asts?

grin

Yes, I can use them infront of my kids or even in a children's school on planet Earth (except in Taliban-controlled regions of Afghanistan obviously).
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by FBS: 10:53am On Dec 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Ole o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So is na-ked vulgar or disappointing?

Or bre-asts?

grin
Do I care, really? undecided
The question here is, can you use them in front of your kids in the very way used here on NL?
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Sagamite(m): 11:06am On Dec 18, 2009
FBS:

Do I care, really? undecided
The question here is, can you use them in front of your kids in the very way used here on NL?

Modified to answer your question.
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by candylips(m): 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2009
@poster

Because Nairaland is full of kids
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Sagamite(m): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2009
candylips:

@poster

Because Nairaland is full of kids

And kids don't know what bre-ast is?

Or, as a matter of fact, learn what it is?

Is a kid learning what a bre-ast is vulgar?
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by netotse(m): 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2009
bbcode processing failure
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by candylips(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2009
hahah google. make una no commot food from seuns mouth with vulgar words grin
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2009
If the aim of this spambot or lingo-bot is to improve our vocabulary and make this site family friendly then i'm afraid Google, Seun and the software have all lost the plot.

It beggars belief that anyone would think and see words like 'masturbati0n' as vulgar.
However, i do believe the software will come-in handy in the Sports section.
The choice and combination of words and phrases used in that section is mind-blowing. I'm also part of it.

I'd like to believe Seun is under some sort of duress which is understandable. But even at that, it is just way OTT
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Sagamite(m): 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2009
bbcode processing failure
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by netotse(m): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2009
@saga
this is where seun explained the developments
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Sagamite(m): 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2009
netotse:

@saga
this is where seun explained the developments

Ah, OK, Seun pele o.

Google must be mad to think bre-ast is a vulgar word.

Well I can talk about my lollypop, abi?  grin
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Sagamite(m): 1:21pm On Dec 18, 2009
OK, I will turn this thread into a joke section.

Now Ogazim (dirty word?) don turn into heavenly feeling. grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by ifyalways(f): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2009
. . . . .and 3somes is now triple sin.
Rofl
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by netotse(m): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2009
ifyalways:

. . . . .and 3somes is now triple sin.
Rofl

man. . .this must really be getting to then pervs on NL!
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Sagamite(m): 2:29pm On Dec 18, 2009
netotse:

man. . .this must really be getting to then pervs on NL!

At least lets turn this thread into a dictionary of our new NL Prudish Slangs for people to reference as I would have not had a clue what a triple sin* was if I had read it in a post.

*lack of familiarity in thought, context and reality as I am a pure and innocent soul.  grin

I am going to change the title of this thread.
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by netotse(m): 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2009
Sagamite:

At least lets turn this thread into a dictionary of our new NL Prudish Slangs for people to reference as I would have not had a clue what a triple sin* was if I had read it in a post.

*lack of familiarity in thought, context and reality as I am a pure and innocent soul.  grin

I am going to change the title of this thread.
@saga
i'm with you on that one. . . u start. . .lets see who the first mod to get pissed of will be grin
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2009
i dunno what u heard about me - but a chick can't get a dollar out of mee. . .cause i'm a muthableeping love-vendor grin grin
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by mamagee3(f): 8:12pm On Dec 19, 2009
This is serious. . . grin
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Sagamite(m): 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2009
Sin assemblies is the replacement for "Or Gees". grin
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by netotse(m): 12:12am On Dec 22, 2009
@saga
lemme help you wiv that
orgıes ------> sin assembly (gosh, whoever thought up such a phrase lacks imagination o!)
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by mamagee3(f): 12:46am On Dec 22, 2009
Sagamite:

Sin assemblies is the replacement for "Or Gees".  grin

angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Sissy3(f): 10:19am On Dec 23, 2009
i didnt know that despoil has now become a bad word. how can r.a.pe be a bad word? i think the word despoil" is just trying to underscore the true meaning and horrific nature of that word and it shouldnt be. very embarrassing
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2009
Sagamite:

What kind of prudish mindset sees the following words as "vulgar"?

Nak-ed is so vulgar it has to be changed to unclothed.

Bre-ast is so vulgar it has to be changed to bosom.
Ra-pe is so vulgar it has to be changed to despoil.

Pi-mp is so vulgar it has to be changed to love-vendor.

This words make some people lose their sleep?

RIDICULOUS!!! grin
LMFAO i was starting to wonder some words changed after you have post,
I didn't know they were so vulgar lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by 9182736455O1999(m): 8:10am On Apr 02, 2022
Breast Pimg
Re: Nairaland's Swear Word Ban Dictionary!!! by 9182736455O1999(m): 8:10am On Apr 02, 2022
Breast love-vendor

(1) (Reply)

Is Mtn Xtracool Still Active? / I Am New! Please Give Me A Warm Welcome! / Nigeria: Akwa Ibom - Where Boys Marry Corpses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.