Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,134 members, 7,835,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% (9413 Views)

Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month / Inflation Declines For 12th Consecutive Month To 15.13% / Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For Nine Consecutive Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
Two things can be attributed to the slightly reduced inflation figure:
1. Small increase in crude oil in the first two months of 2017
2. Forex
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
More people are exchanging the Naira for the Dollar now that there is availablilty of the Greenback
So the amount of Naira in the system will go down but not for long except we have an infinite supply of greenback.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Shortyy(f): 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
omenkaLives:
Seen again. cheesy

Very sure you are one of Reno's friends.; D

You mean nothing to me jor. Don't get too excited I responded to you. wink

Bye. smiley
Why would I mean anything to a tout? lol don't be silly. Come to think of it, you don't chat like him. You're prolly one of his jobless cheerleaders.

Ta ta.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by mfm04622: 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2017
apcmustwin:
On paper abi? Where have u ever seen price go down after increasing in Nigeria. These useless people no even know wetin de happen for town

If you don't understand, just ask. Inflation rate of more than 17% mean prices still rose. However, the rate of increase is lower than in the corresponding period
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Jesusloveyou: 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2017
mathew2oa:
let this improvement reflect on the street, else this news is useless
the street is feeling the reduce price of almost everything.
is it palm oil,rice,kero and cooking gas etc, except the price of garri because of the dry season

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by mfm04622: 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
thunderbabs:
A tube of oral-b toothpaste is still N350....which inflation come down.....una go jus dey conjure numbers to deceive the international community. Prices of goods dt ve skyrocketed since buhari made them are yet to skydive till as am posting this...

Ridiculous country

If Oral-B is 350 in January and February, for that product, inflation rate us zero! If it increased by 100 on January and 90 in February, it’s rate of increase has reduced. Not that it's price did not increase, but the rate at which it increases has reduced. Inflation rate is presently more than 17%. This means prices of goods and services averagely increased by 17% but this is lower than the more than 18% of the previous month. Hope you understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by thunderbabs: 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2017
mfm04622:

If Oral-B is 350 in January and February, for that product, inflation rate us zero! If it increased by 100 on January and 90 in February, it’s rate of increase has reduced. Not that it's price did not increase, but the rate at which it increases has reduced. Inflation rate is presently more than 17%. This means prices of goods and services averagely increased by 17% but this is lower than the more than 18% of the previous month. Hope you understand

#yinmu..... Who is this on ma mention sef? Go to yaba market and explain better to consumers on the street. Iraanu. Na only u study economics for school, bah? Gerrrraaaahiiiiaaaa

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by encryptjay(m): 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2017
I doubt if all these guys in the market will reduce price of commodities.
Once they hear anything relating to dollar, they just inflate prices anyhow even if it's old stock of two years ago.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Blue3k(m): 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
18% to 17% is cause for celebration. Year over new everything is still climbing. Most prices are still raising month over month.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by martooski(m): 1:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
omenkaLives:
News: Herdsmen attack a community, seven reported dead.

Reno Simlin O'fockery and his Slaves: Why won't they attack when their commander in chief is back! Everything is going bad since Buhari came back.

News: Naira appreciates against the dollar as inflation declines.

Reno Simlin O'fockery and his Slaves: Nonsense news from Liar Mohammed.

OmenkaLives: vvvv

WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by yayankainuwa: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
seunmsg:
I think this is a result of the crash in the Naira/dollar exchange rate. Forex is always a major driving force of high inflation and once we can get it to be stable, inflation will be under control significantly.
we r thinking in d same way. God will help our country in shaa Allah!
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Newmanluckyman(m): 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
Truth234:
The cost of goods and services in Nigeria improved for the first time in over a year following a series of policy implemented by the Central Bank of Nigeria to manage consumer prices and moderate foreign exchange.

The consumer price index which measures inflation rate rose 17.78 percent, year-on-year, in February. This was 0.94 percent lower than 18.72 percent recorded in January, the National Bureau of Statistics reported on Tuesday.

However, on a monthly basis, the cost of goods and services surged by 1.49 percent in February, which was 0.48 percent more than 1.01 percent increase recorded in January.

Accordingly, price increases were recorded across all COICOP divisions but the major division responsible for accelerating the rate of increase were water, housing, electricity, gas and other fuel, education, food and alcoholic beverages, clothing and footwear and transportation services.

http://investorsking.com/nigerias-inflation-declines-to-17-78/
... Make una the deceive una self
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by AreaFada2: 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2017
Country people, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Can anyone confirm this reduced prices from buying food, clothes, provision, gadgets, transportation, buying fuel, paying school fees and other expenditures? shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by apcmustwin(f): 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2017
mfm04622:

If you don't understand, just ask. Inflation rate of more than 17% mean prices still rose. However, the rate of increase is lower than in the corresponding period
I understand from what I buy in the market and there's no difference so swerve go one side.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by apcmustwin(f): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
this is a clear prove that you ipods are only here to make noise or to lie.
the price of almost everything has come down, especially the price of palm oil by 50% reduction.
yeyenatu. So na only palm oil u go chop. Ur case is beyond redemption

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Oleash: 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
Cameroon has an inflation rate of <2.5. Nigeria "Giant of Africa", I hail o!
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Oleash: 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Cameroon has an inflation rate of <2.5%. Nigeria "Giant of Africa", I hail o!
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
this is a clear prove that you ipods are only here to make noise or to lie.
the price of almost everything has come down, especially the price of palm oil by 50% reduction.
Probably in your area but not in mine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by ayobamiakinrind(m): 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2017
Truth234:

We expect further improvement across all sectors and gradual economic recovery in the second quarter.

Same way you predicted last year?
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by ayobamiakinrind(m): 7:24pm On Mar 14, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
is it palm oil,rice,kero and cooking gas etc, except the price of garri because of the dry season

Na dry season make garri cost abi? Prof of foolish economics, do you understand the post at all?
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Jesusloveyou: 7:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
apcmustwin:
yeyenatu. So na only palm oil u go chop. Ur case is beyond redemption
you ipods also sing with the price of palm oil, that palm oil is now 4000 per gallon of 4litre, but today is now 1500, that is more than 50% reduction.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Jesusloveyou: 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Probably in your area but not in mine
why not come to my area to buy what you want

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by mathew2oa(m): 8:48pm On Mar 14, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
Really, if so why are pple stil complaining?
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 14, 2017
False news. Things are still costly here.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Jesusloveyou: 10:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
mathew2oa:

Really, if so why are pple stil complaining?
that is nigeria factor, they dont know why they are wailing,
They want buhari to give everybody free money.
They want jesus to steal from peter and give paul,
That is why they complain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Nobody: 3:01am On Mar 15, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
why not come to my area to buy what you want
I don't need to come because it will add more cost to what I will sell to my customers. Things hasn't come down as acclaimed by you in most places
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% by Horus(m): 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Tips To Make 600 Dollars A Week Online / Understanding The Nigeria Stock Exchange Gains / Oil Prices Surge 6% After OPEC Cuts Production For First Time Since 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.