Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Par-time Student And NYSC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Par-time Student And NYSC (3835 Views)

IMT Student And His "Customised Vehicle" Storm School In Enugu. Photos / Are Polytechnics On Par With Universities? / Laspotech Begin 2017 Sales Of Form For Hnd Full-time / Nd Par-time & Full-time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Par-time Student And NYSC by Sammypope4all(m): 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
Ok. Have been a follower of this section of nairaland, viewing virtually all thread to see if I could see any related topic about pertime student (CDL) going for youth service, like their full time counterpart but, I have been disappointed so I decided to create one for myself and people like me out their who wishes to be informed about this particular issue.

We all know how hard and strenuous is it for someone, in this country, to get admitted into the universities especially those whose parent aren't financially opportuned. I once read in of of the dailys about a certain individual who spent about 10years trying to seek admittion into the university. He wrote jamb and post ume just like everyone else and passed yet denied admittion and this continued for a decade(That dude deserves some sort of award) and this stories aboud virtually every corner of our society. Some spent four years, some six and and on and on yet denied admittion.

This eventualities has made some desperate education seekers, or perhaps, "palli seekers" to opt for some other opportunities given. I.e pertime studies(CDL). Yes, it is mostly designed, as I have heard, to suit people who couldn't get education when they are young but we now have young people who couldn't get admitted as a regular students opting for this option since at the end of the course they will be given a BSC or HND as the case may be. I have a brother who falls to this catigory of "Palli seekers" though smart, but couldn't get admitted into the regular universities studies like his peers thereby going for what is readily available( pertime studies). Now he's done studying but pained that he can't wear "kharky" just like his mates so my question is.

Why is young lads among this people denied this previledge?
Why is it limited to regular students even though some are above the age??
Is there a way to actually go for NYSC even as a partime student??
Shoudnt government look into this issues??

2 Likes

Re: Par-time Student And NYSC by Ay04z(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
make i see wat the poster above me got to say....take my chair grab some bread with groundnut dey observe this thread...am pt student too..
Re: Par-time Student And NYSC by fineyemi(m): 4:05am On Mar 20, 2017
This is suppose to make front page cc lalasticlala seun

This is for Part time student in the University
Re: Par-time Student And NYSC by fineyemi(m): 4:09am On Mar 20, 2017
In my own opinion. I belive going for NYSC as a part time student solely depends on the school you are presently running the part time programme. Presently, Part time programme is now revised in Nigeria and teenagers and youth are now opting for it as it is the best alternative way of gaining admission into the university without JAMB

Some Universities mobilize her part time student for NYSC.

cc Guru9ja

1 Like

Re: Par-time Student And NYSC by Sammypope4all(m): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
fineyemi:
In my own opinion. I belive going for NYSC as a part time student solely depends on the school you are presently running the part time programme. Presently, Part time programme is now revised in Nigeria and teenagers and youth are now opting for it as it is the best alternative way of gaining admission into the university without JAMB

Some Universities mobilize her part time student for NYSC.

cc Guru9ja

Some universities mobilizes her part time student for NYSC?? Can you be more explicit pls.

Lala pls take this to the promise land ....
Re: Par-time Student And NYSC by fineyemi(m): 1:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
Sammypope4all:

Some universities mobilizes her part time student for NYSC?? Can you be more explicit pls.

Lala pls take this to the promise land ....
Yes. Some universities does that
Re: Par-time Student And NYSC by fineyemi(m): 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2017
As long as you aren't up to the age of 30 and u are a PT student, some schools do allow such student to serve while some schools don't. They will end up giving them NYSC letter of exclusion.

But it will be very OK if NYSC can consider students in Part time programme which at the graduating age aren't up to age of 30 to serve.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2018/2019 Whatsapp Group Link For Uniben Aspirant / The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army / Oauife Release 1st Batch Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.