Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

The Importance Of Choosing A Career You Are Passionate About - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Importance Of Choosing A Career You Are Passionate About (550 Views)

A Career You Can Earn 200k And Above Monthly. No Educational Qualifications. / 4 Important Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Course To Study / A Practising Engineer But, So Passionate About Teaching Maths In High School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Choosing A Career You Are Passionate About by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
Because of the constant lack of jobs and or employment, people are always forced to take up a career path they are least interested in.

They just take a job for the sake of being employed and having a source of income to be able to meet their basic needs.

But then, a lot sets in thereafter, frustrations and anger sets in and it becomes a task what used to be an interesting job!

That is when you hear complain of unnecessary issues at the work place or complain about the employer.

That is also when your attitude to work changes and you begin to look for a flimsy excuse to resign or seek job elsewhere.

I always tell people; the worst thing that can happen to anybody is to take up a job out of desperation!

Every career in life requires passion, if you don’t go for a job or employment you are passionate about, you will encounter problems in the long run.

For instance, some people do not like the idea of being employed; they rather work for themselves and employ other people!

So, if they find themselves working for someone, imagine the attitude they will bring to work every day.

It doesn’t matter how long you waited for a job or employment, the most important thing is to be at the right place where you fit in!

There are people also who would rather be employed than work for themselves, that I know and have seen severally.

So, when they par adventure set up a business, they will always imagine how wonderful it would be to be employed by someone else!

Being successful transcends starting a business with huge capital as it requires enormous task and it takes passion to achieve it.

A couple of years ago, everywhere in Nigeria was flooded with event planners and event managers, though there were people who excelled in it!

I recall laughing those days because; even the road side food vendor was an event planner or event manager.

All the photographers suddenly became event planners and all the MCs and the electricians became events planners.

In mind I thought, ‘’many are called but, few are chosen’’, because I know with time those who never had passion for it would drop!

True to my thinking they did and the real people who it was their passion and their dream continued to make it till today.

It is always the case when one person who is so passionate and knows the intricacies of what they were doing.

That is the same way young guys are also jumping into the music industry because, Tuface and Davido or Wizkid are making millions.

It is neither their passion nor their calling but, they just spend time, money and resources playing the wrong game!

After a while they drop out of music into other things, why? Because they were never passionate about it, they went in for the money!

Most times they forget that success requires patience because patience and passion work hand in hand.

Another thing to fuel your passion is determination, with determination and passion you are sure of reaching your goal someday.

No matter what you resolve to do as a career, you must have passion for it; passion takes away fears, frustrations and anxiety.

Source: http://www.chichiuncensored.com/importance-choosing-career-passionate/

(1) (Reply)

Obtain Professional Certificate On Sales And Marketing Management / 6 Major Advantages Of An E-commerce Business / Shocking Things Makeup Artists Can Do With Effect Makeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.