Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,958 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen (1055 Views)

Obiano Warns Herdsmen Against Carrying Weapons In Anambra / You Have 48 Hrs To Leave My LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom Warns Herdsmen / Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by ogododo: 2:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
Gov. Samuel Ortom of Benue state has given Fulani herdsmen in Tombo-Mbalagh, Buruku Local Government Area of the state a two-day ultimatum  to leave the area. Ortom gave the order on Monday in Tombo-Mbalagh during a visit  to ascertain the damage inflicted on the community by herdsmen. The visit followed the weekend attacks  by the herdsmen. Eight bodies have been recovered, while three persons are missing, according to the Sole Administrator for the council area, Mrs Justina Sorkaa, Sorkaa’s account was contradicted by the state police commissioner, Bashir Makama. He said six persons died in the attack. Ortom  said that he had directed security agencies as a matter of urgency to lead herdsmen out of the area for peace to reign. He said the herdsmen must leave since they  were not welcomed by the unarmed  inhabitants of the area. Most people in Benue state were disarmed through the amnesty programme  executed by the Ortom administration in 2015. Ortom still believed that the measure had brought relative peace in the state. He thus  encouraged the people to remain law abiding by reporting for appropriate action,  any breach of peace by the herdsmen. ”Some of the displaced persons have moved in with their relations in Buruku town and those who do not have anywhere to go are with us in an improvised IDP camp here at St Peter’s Anglican Primary School, Imenger,”the Sole Administrator, Mrs Justina Sorkaa said.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/48-hrs-leave-lga-buruku-gov-ortom-warns-herdsmen/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/48-hrs-leave-lga-buruku-gov-ortom-warns-herdsmen/
Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by Mynd44: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2017
Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by ogododo: 3:12pm On Mar 14, 2017
Fayose was the first , now Ortom a Northerner is calling for vacation of herdsmen. Our President need to ACT now.
Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by tuscani: 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2017
The demented fool is finally awake.
Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by KINGMAKER001(m): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
medicine after death...his words doesn't even hold water....You have to be bold and firm as a Governor.... Talk with with power and authority, no matter whose ox is gored hit hard on them and protect those that elected you Mr Governor... Peace#
Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
If all governors can be like fayose herdsman no go dey wuru wuru with us

2 Likes

Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by Mortiple(m): 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2017
Nobody should take Gov Ortom serious.

Governor Fayose is the only current governor with balls.

1 Like

Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by Sabergol99(m): 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
It's quite hypocritical of him though. Anyone remember the Agatu massacres, where more than 500 people were killed by the Fulani's, The Governor was apparently more concerned with pleasing the president than tackling the issue. Today it's his people and he's wailing. Anyone who sincerely believes in the sanctity of human lives would condemn these herdsmen for what they are - violent, arms bearing terrorists who have refused to embrace modernity. Today it's Christian Benue, Tomorrow it could be a Muslim state.

1 Like

Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by omaguibu(m): 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2017
Governor wey no fit protect his people, that one nah Governor?
Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by ogododo: 5:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
Sabergol99:
It's quite hypocritical of him though. Anyone remember the Agatu massacres, where more than 500 people were killed by the Fulani's, The Governor was apparently more concerned with pleasing the president than tackling the issue. Today it's his people and he's wailing. Anyone who sincerely believes in the sanctity of human lives would condemn these herdsmen for what they are - violent, arms bearing terrorists who have refused to embrace modernity. Today it's Christian Benue, Tomorrow it could be a Muslim state.

Life is a lesson for us all.
Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by SuperS1Panther: 5:47pm On Mar 14, 2017
Seems Gov Ortom is a Tom Tom.

You are still giving ultimatum when you are meant to be deploying deadly militia against those blood thirsty demons and formulating state laws that will restrict grazing in your state.
Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by Bigii(m): 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
This idiot gov.

Medicine after death undecided
Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by mchenryking0(m): 6:59pm On Mar 14, 2017
Fayose my man
Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by Nukualofa: 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
If omenka can keep quiet while Fulani herdsmen decimate his state why should i be crying more than the bereaved

1 Like

Re: You have 48 hrs to leave my LGA Buruku, Gov Ortom warns herdsmen by ogododo: 7:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
Help will come for Benue

(1) (Reply)

Is Rotimi Ameachi A Human Being? Everyone Knows He Is An Animal'- Ffk's SA On Me / Serious Commotion As Tinubu Explodes, Makes Very Shocking And Fantastic Promise / Gov. Rochas Okorocha Host Manchester City Striker, Kelechi Iheanacho (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.