Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (133575 Views)

Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2018/2019 Post UTME /admission / Uniosun 2017/2018 Admission Forum / Osun State University (UNIOSUN) In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by michealSwizz(m): 9:54am On Sep 02, 2017
Notice is hereby given that the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination(UTME) screening exercise will hold for candidates who chose Osun State University as their first choice, with a minimum score of 180 and above. However, candidates that scored less than 200 would not be considered for admission into any of the following programmes: Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Political Science, Nursing and Law. Meanwhile candidates who chose any of these courses but scored less than 200 can change to any other relevant programme of their choice.
COMPLETION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Candidates are to register online by accessing the University website: http://www.uniosun.edu.ng or
http://admissions.uniosun.edu.ng to complete and submit applications. They are expected to print two (2) copies of the application form after rhe submission.
DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
Direct Entry candidates should complete the form online, following the same process as above and ensure that they read the admission requirements of the university before applying to any of its programmes. They are also expected to forward their Academic Transcripts to the Registrar of Osun State University not later than 15 October, 2017. All Direct Entry candidates including those of UNIOSUN(IJMB) Programme, who wish to be considered for admission into Osun State University for the 2017/2018 academic session, must have obtained Direct Entry form from JAMB. Such candidates must apply for the screening exercise.
READ ALSO: Jamb to hold Mock exam on April 29
ELIGIBILITY
Uniosun will admit only candidates who made at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE/NECO/NABTED in the relevant subjects at not more than two sittings except for Nursing and Law which require ONE sitting. The University also accepts a minimum of Lower credit for Direct Entry Candidates.
Candidates should meticulously provide their O’level result on the portal. Any candidate that provide false information would be proseccuted by law enforcement agencies and the admission of such candidates withdrawn once discovered. Candidates awaiting results should supply it within one week of release. Any candidate who fails to participate in the screening exercise will not be considered for admission.
CENTRAL ADMISSION PROCESSING SYSTEM(CAPS)
The 2017/2018 admission exercise will be based on Central Admission Processing System (CAPS), a system designed by Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) to automate the admissions process to tertiary institutions.
ACCESS TO REGISTRATION PORTAL
Visit the Uniosun Post UTME Portal via http://www.uniosun.edu.ng or http://admissions.uniosun.edu.ng . This will take you to the online Application Platform. Ensure you read all registration guidelines and instructions before proceeding to register.
Payments of N2,000.00 for the Post UTME Screening and N5,500 portal access administrative fees are through the Interswitch Web Pay platform, using your ATM cards (Master Card, Verve Card, and Interswitch enabled cards).
READ ALSO: Jamb organises first national football tournament among tertiary institutions
CLOSING DATE: Submission of forms closes at 12.00 noon on Friday 15th September, 2017.
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 02, 2017
Othankz:
Please since Jamb reduced official cutoff mark to 120. What is uniosun jamb cut off mark am an aspirant for computer science? plz if they is a platform like this on WhatsApp plz add me 08166941687. Thanks I would really appreciate response to my question
Cut off mark is 180, but for accounting,law,nursing, political science,bus.admin. is 200
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by Zizyheart(f): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2017
Please,I choose uniosun for first and second choice...Hope the new system wont affect me?
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by Zizyheart(f): 10:49am On Sep 02, 2017
I choose uniosun as my first (law)and second choice(english),scored 239.Hope the new system wont affect me?
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by Rapsainot(m): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2017
Othankz:
Please since Jamb reduced official cutoff mark to 120. What is uniosun jamb cut off mark am an aspirant for computer science? plz if they is a platform like this on WhatsApp plz add me 08166941687. Thanks I would really appreciate response to my question
Uniosun can't be less than 180, 200 for law , nursing and accountancy
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by amyhommie: 11:50am On Sep 02, 2017
Abeg, with this new caps whatever, is there still going to be any test or oral interview??
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by fineyemi(m): 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2017
Caps: Central Admission Processing System.

Its a new system Introduce by Jamb for the calculation of Your jamb score and O'level To get your Post utme score.

Its obvious there won't be exam for all candidates cos UNIOSUN will be using Caps.

As for DE candidates, I will update you guys.

Read details about Caps here: https://www.guru9ja.com/jamb-201718-new-policy-admission-point-introduces-central-admission-processing-system-caps/
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by YoungPablo007: 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2017
Hey fellow aspirants. I'm a 200l student of LAUTECH, I want to transfer to Uniosun through Inter-University Transfer but I haven't seen any post about it this year yet. I'm currently studying Pure and Applied Physics in LAUTECH but I want to come to Uniosun and start studying Civil Engineering from 200l. Can i come in through direct entry? I have a 4.something CGPA after 100l, I had 220 in the JAMB i did in 2014 and I used that to gain admission into LAUTECH. I didn't write JAMB this year. I also have 1A, 2Bs and 2Cs in my five core subjects in my WAEC. So what steps should I take to secure an admission into Uniosun Civil Emgineering Department 200L this year? Thanks for your quick response in advance.
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by dgreat1288(m): 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
UNIOSUN 2017/2018 Post UTME

Notice is hereby given that the 207 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination(UTME) screening exercise will hold for candidates who chose Osun State University as their first choice, with a minimum score of 180 and above. However, candidates that scored less than 200 would not be considered for admission into any of the following programmes: Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Political Science, Nursing and Law. Meanwhile candidates who chose any of these courses but scored less than 200 can change to any other relevant programme of their choice.

Candidates are to register online by accessing the University website: http://www.uniosun.edu.ng or http://admissions.uniosun.edu.ng to complete and submit applications. They are expected to print two (2) copies of the application form after rhe submission.

DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES

Direct Entry candidates should complete the form online, following the same process as above and ensure that they read the admission requirements of the university before applying to any of its programmes. They are also expected to forward their Academic Transcripts to the Registrar of Osun State University not later than 15 October, 2017. All Direct Entry candidates including those of UNIOSUN(IJMB) Programme, who wish to be considered for admission into Osun State University for the 2017/2018 academic session, must have obtained Direct Entry form from JAMB. Such candidates must apply for the screening exercise.

Uniosun will admit only candidates who made at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE/NECO/NABTED in the relevant subjects at not more than two sittings except for Nursing and Law which require ONE sitting. The University also accepts a minimum of Lower credit for Direct Entry Candidates.

Candidates should meticulously provide their O’level result on the portal. Any candidate that provide false information would be proseccuted by law enforcement agencies and the admission of such candidates withdrawn once discovered. Candidates awaiting results should supply it within one week of release. Any candidate who fails to participate in the screening exercise will not be considered for admission.

The 2017/2018 admission exercise will be based on Central Admission Processing System (CAPS), a system designed by Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) to automate the admissions process to tertiary institutions.

Visit the Uniosun Post UTME Portal via http://www.uniosun.edu.ng or http://admissions.uniosun.edu.ng . This will take you to the online Application Platform. Ensure you read all registration guidelines and instructions before proceeding to register.

Payments of N2,000.00 for the Post UTME Screening and N5,500 portal access administrative fees are through the Interswitch Web Pay platform, using your ATM cards (Master Card, Verve Card, and Interswitch enabled cards).

CLOSING DATE: Submission of forms closes at 12.00 noon on Friday 15th September, 2017.
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by fineyemi(m): 2:29pm On Sep 02, 2017
YoungPablo007:
Hey fellow aspirants. I'm a 200l student of LAUTECH, I want to transfer to Uniosun through Inter-University Transfer but I haven't seen any post about it this year yet. I'm currently studying Pure and Applied Physics in LAUTECH but I want to come to Uniosun and start studying Civil Engineering from 200l. Can i come in through direct entry? I have a 4.something CGPA after 100l, I had 220 in the JAMB i did in 2014 and I used that to gain admission into LAUTECH. I didn't write JAMB this year. I also have 1A, 2Bs and 2Cs in my five core subjects in my WAEC. So what steps should I take to secure an admission into Uniosun Civil Emgineering Department 200L this year? Thanks for your quick response in advance.

They call the form Inter-University Transfer Form. As we all know that UNIOSUN have never released such a form b4. The form is mostly released by Unilorin and some other Federal university. If you really wanna come to UNIOSUN. kindly visit the admission office of UNIOSUN. They will tell you want to do
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by moyo2000: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
Pls add me on any whatsapp grp concerning uniosun admission ..08173259732
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by zamanii: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
dgreat1288:

Notice is hereby given that the 207 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination(UTME) screening exercise will hold for candidates who chose Osun State University as their first choice, with a minimum score of 180 and above. However, candidates that scored less than 200 would not be considered for admission into any of the following programmes: Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Political Science, Nursing and Law. Meanwhile candidates who chose any of these courses but scored less than 200 can change to any other relevant programme of their choice.

Candidates are to register online by accessing the University website: http://www.uniosun.edu.ng or http://admissions.uniosun.edu.ng to complete and submit applications. They are expected to print two (2) copies of the application form after rhe submission.

DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES

Bro is this news real? Because, I've been to both websites and there's nothing to that effect
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by sussybae(f): 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
fineyemi:
Caps: Central Admission Processing System.

Its a new system Introduce by Jamb for the calculation of Your jamb score and O'level To get your Post utme score.

Its obvious there won't be exam for all candidates cos UNIOSUN will be using Caps.

As for DE candidates, I will update you guys.

Read details about Caps here: https://www.guru9ja.com/jamb-201718-new-policy-admission-point-introduces-central-admission-processing-system-caps/
bro fineyemi....it means we won't write exam it the sch that would just decide to choose the candidate that meets their choice
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by fineyemi(m): 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2017
sussybae:

bro fineyemi....it means we won't write exam it the sch that would just decide to choose the candidate that meets their choice
No, They won't do that. They are making use of your Jamb and Waec result to obtain Your Post -Utme score.
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by princedare(m): 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
And what about DE students are they going to av an interview or it is going to b based a the caps stuff
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2017
Rapsainot:

Uniosun doesnt offer medicine and surgery as a course. You can cnahge to any of
Nursing
Anatomy
Phsyiology
Public health et all before it's too late. If you an indigene, you have a better chance to be admitted for the most competitive one (Nursing).
How sure are u sir cos if dey don't offer it why is it on d school wed?
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by poshangel1335(f): 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2017
hajoke2000:

They used to offer it but since 2012/2013 session its became inactive due to lack of an efficient teaching hospital nd accreditation dat y u saw it on the school web ,bt once there teaching hospital become more efficient and and mets up to NUC accreditation it will start up again bt for nw they dnt offer it so u hve to change ur course to something else.
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by Rapsainot(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2017
hajoke2000:

Check well , it's not included on the school website
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by EtzMasterJ: 10:29pm On Sep 02, 2017
dgreat1288:

DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES

So.....That means second choice aspirants cant apply
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by Danieldexii(m): 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2017
pls is uniosun post utme form out? and how much pls?
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by YoungPablo007: 2:33am On Sep 03, 2017
fineyemi:

They call the form Inter-University Transfer Form. As we all know that UNIOSUN have never released such a form b4. The form is mostly released by Unilorin and some other Federal university. If you really wanna come to UNIOSUN. kindly visit the admission office of UNIOSUN. They will tell you want to do

Thanks for the reply. I have been to the admission office in Osogbo like twice last month. I'm going again this coming week. Is there anyone here that wants to transfer from one university to UNIOSUN? So that i will know whether to paste the outcomes of what the admission officer tells me about the Inter-University Transfer here.

If you still don't understand what I mean by Inter-University Transfer, scroll up and read my last post on this tread. If we are in the same boat, reply any of my messages let me notice you so that we can help each other. And if you're a guest on the site and you also want to do the Inter-University Transfer to UNIOSUN, create a nairaland account and get involved in the conversation.
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 03, 2017
poshangel1335:

They used to offer it but since 2012/2013 session its became inactive due to lack of an efficient teaching hospital nd accreditation dat y u saw it on the school web ,bt once there teaching hospital become more efficient and and mets up to NUC accreditation it will start up again bt for nw they dnt offer it so u hve to change ur course to something else.
This is really confusing cos it is part of jamb web
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by fineyemi(m): 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2017
YoungPablo007:

Thanks for the reply. I have been to the admission office in Osogbo like twice last month. I'm going again this coming week. Is there anyone here that wants to transfer from one university to UNIOSUN? So that i will know whether to paste the outcomes of what the admission officer tells me about the Inter-University Transfer here.

If you still don't understand what I mean by Inter-University Transfer, scroll up and read my last post on this tread. If we are in the same boat, reply any of my messages let me notice you so that we can help each other. And if you're a guest on the site and you also want to do the Inter-University Transfer to UNIOSUN, create a nairaland account and get involved in the conversation.
Very good YoungPablo. Drop your feedback here. we are all delighted to have you on this thread. You are helping others with this information.
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by poshangel1335(f): 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2017
hajoke2000:

This is really confusing cos it is part of jamb web
i jst explained to you y u saw it on d web it was becos they offered it before bt since 2012/2013 session it became inactive Becos NUC did not accreditate it.
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by Abbey2233: 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2017
Good day everyone, this is to invite any student that chosed UNIOSUN Law to add this WhatsApp number 08104023737, as we're ready to provide useful information for all.
Regards.
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by Officialkplus(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
please add me up to any Uniosun asiprant aspirant group either on what's app or telegram 09053061210

if you need any info about faculty/college of agriculture.
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by Ismaxtr3(m): 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
Sup Bro, Will Uniosun join the ongoing ASUU strike now that they thru wit d 2nd semester exam?
Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by fineyemi(m): 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2017
Its now on the school website. Direct entry candidates should call the numbers there and ask if they will appear physically for the screening or not.

The portal is under construction. Registration begins tomorrow by the Grace of God.

Re: Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread by YoungPablo007: 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2017
fineyemi:
Very good YoungPablo. Drop your feedback here. we are all delighted to have you on this thread. You are helping others with this information.

I will surely do. All the best to all the aspirants.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (66) (Reply)

JAMB Subject Combinations For All Courses / Tips To Stay Awake While Studying / 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.