Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls (4544 Views)

Girl Child Education: Key To Development / Parental Role In Child Education / JAMB 2017: Applicants Experience Registration Difficulties-noipolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Paya(m): 5:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
Abuja, Nigeria. March 14th, 2017 – Latest public opinion poll conducted by NOIPolls has affirmed the importance of girl child education to the society, with 99 percent of respondents acknowleging its importance. However, the poll has highlighted the role of poverty (28 percent), culture (20 percent), parental illiteracy (18 percent) and child marriage (15 percent) as major factors militating against girl child education in the country. Inspite of the general consensus on the importance of girl child education to communities, the girl child still suffers neglect and deprivation of basic education, usually sacrificing her chances to the boy child. This is because when it boils down to choosing who to empower educationally amidst scarce resources, many families often consider sending the boy child to school ahead of the girl child, mainly due to the perception that he would be more resilient and work hard to set his family free from poverty.
http://payasmirror.com/poverty-main-barriers-to-girl-child-education-noipolls/

3 Shares

Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by delishpot: 5:47pm On Mar 14, 2017
Now it is mostly poverty and it affects both genders

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by SexyNairalander: 7:24am On Mar 15, 2017
booked
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Vince77(m): 7:25am On Mar 15, 2017
delishpot:

I agree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by uniqueExperienc(f): 7:26am On Mar 15, 2017
Okay
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by deedondavi(m): 7:26am On Mar 15, 2017
Nice
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by asuaiclive(m): 7:29am On Mar 15, 2017
u nailed it mehn....
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Donald7610: 7:29am On Mar 15, 2017
true
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Marveleuphoria: 7:30am On Mar 15, 2017
true
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Odkosh: 7:30am On Mar 15, 2017
Never Joke with an Engineer.
Engineers Can Prove Anything For 10 Marks
Question : Prove that PAPA = MAMA
Medical Doctor :” Out Of Course”
Accountant: ”No Way”
Barrister: ”Cannot Be Proved”
Social sciences: Not in this world,
but…..
Engineer: Its Simple Solution
As we know,
Pressure(P)= Force/Area
i.e P = F/A
∴F = PA ⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅ (i)
Now ,aacording to Newtons 2nd law of Motion,
Force(F) = Mass(M) × Acceleration(A)
i.e F =MA ⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅(ii)
From equation (i) and (ii)
PA = MA
Squaring both sides
(PA)² = (MA)²
∴ PAPA = MAMA
Share if u r proud of ur profession
KUDO TO THE ENGINEERS IN THE HOUSE.
Proud to be an ENGINEER.

Op, this is very true.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by jeeqaa7(m): 7:31am On Mar 15, 2017
You know.. I see all societal ill as cutting across both divide.. Boy-Girl... Both suffer same even more the boys.. But maybe because the boy discovers early his predicament and tries to fix it while the girl keeps crying gender equality... Okonjo and amina (UN) are both women...

1 Like

Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by FearFactor1: 7:32am On Mar 15, 2017
I concur...
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Sebastine1994(m): 7:39am On Mar 15, 2017
OK
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Sebastine1994(m): 7:40am On Mar 15, 2017
Noted
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Sebastine1994(m): 7:40am On Mar 15, 2017
Poverty again
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Efewestern: 7:41am On Mar 15, 2017
delishpot:

poverty, tradition and religion.. like it's done in some part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Sebastine1994(m): 7:41am On Mar 15, 2017
Girls again
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by amazingspiderma: 7:44am On Mar 15, 2017
Poverty don't just happen, it is caused.
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 15, 2017
Totally agree.

This is because when it boils down to choosing who to empower educationally amidst scarce resources, many families often consider sending the boy child to school ahead of the girl child, mainly due to the perception that he would be more resilient and work hard to set his family free from poverty.

especially common in rural areas.

poor people in urban and developing states/cities still send their kids to public school.

If quality and free education is introduced in rural areas, (or at the least free education) then the only thing preventing the girl child from education would be culture/tradition or religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by captainmuyi(m): 7:58am On Mar 15, 2017
that's life
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 15, 2017
jeeqaa7:
You know.. I see all societal ill as cutting across both divide.. Boy-Girl... Both suffer same even more the boys.. But maybe because the boy discovers early his predicament and tries to fix it while the girl keeps crying gender equality... Okonjo and amina (UN) are both women...
Exactly. That's what came to my mind while I was reading the article.

1 Like

Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by jericco1(m): 7:59am On Mar 15, 2017
Agreed
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 15, 2017
Joavid:
Totally agree.

especially common in rural areas.

poor people in urban and developing states/cities still send their kids to public school.

If quality and free education is introduced in rural areas, (or at the least free education) then the only thing preventing the girl child from education would be culture/tradition or religion.

Actually, seeing as 99% of Nigerians agrees that the girl child education is important, I don't think tradition or religion would do a thing.
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 15, 2017
Nice work, girls from poor homes are the most disadvantaged of the lot
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by Onechancearmy(m): 8:27am On Mar 15, 2017
North Side Story

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by TruthHurts1(m): 9:47am On Mar 15, 2017
Onechancearmy:
North Side Story

IT IS TRULY A NORTH SIDE STORY cry

2 Likes

Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by TruthHurts1(m): 9:57am On Mar 15, 2017
ABUSE OF THE GIRL CHILD'S RIGHTS IS INGRAINED INTO NORTHERN NIGERIA'S CULTURE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by gudvibz(f): 9:57am On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=TruthHurts1 post=54605754]

IT IS TRULY A NORTH SIDE STORY cry

[/quote
Sorry to say but i think the north will remain so still cos if d girl child is educated they (d men) can't get them easily or under their control (in marriage) especially considring d fact that they like them young
Re: Poverty & Parental Illiteracy; Main Barriers To Girl Child Education: Noipolls by fanficgirl(f): 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
Odkosh:
Never Joke with an Engineer.
Engineers Can Prove Anything For 10 Marks
Question : Prove that PAPA = MAMA
Medical Doctor :” Out Of Course”
Accountant: ”No Way”
Barrister: ”Cannot Be Proved”
Social sciences: Not in this world,
but…..
Engineer: Its Simple Solution
As we know,
Pressure(P)= Force/Area
i.e P = F/A
∴F = PA ⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅ (i)
Now ,aacording to Newtons 2nd law of Motion,
Force(F) = Mass(M) × Acceleration(A)
i.e F =MA ⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅(ii)
From equation (i) and (ii)
PA = MA
Squaring both sides
(PA)² = (MA)²
∴ PAPA = MAMA
Share if u r proud of ur profession
KUDO TO THE ENGINEERS IN THE HOUSE.
Proud to be an ENGINEER.MI

Op, this is very true.
Respect for all Engineers still in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

*** / Noun Admission Letter Printing / When The Old Girl Send The Biq Boy To Fetch Water.Hilarious!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.