Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,724 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights (2523 Views)

Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From / BREAKING: Donald Trump Makes U-turn, Suspends Travel Ban On 7 Islamic Countries / President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
Rev. Graham: 'Christianity Honours Women,' Unlike 'Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights'
By Michael W. Chapman | March 13, 2017 | 2:33 PM EDT

In reference to the honouring of women in many countries on International Women's Day, March 8, evangelical leader Franklin Graham said it was women who stayed with Christ at the Cross and first saw Him resurrected, and added that "Christianity honours women" but this is not evident in some "Islamic countries where women have no rights and are treated as property."

In a March 8 post on Facebook, Rev. Graham wrote, "#ADayWithoutAWoman? I hope not. It was women who remained close to Jesus during His crucifixion. It was women who made it their priority to tend to His body after His death."

"It was women—Mary and Martha—who were the first to see Jesus resurrected," said Graham. "Christianity honours women and holds them in high esteem unlike some other faiths."

"You sure don't see that in Islamic countries where women have no rights and are treated as property," he said.

"I'm so thankful for my mother Ruth who was tough as nails and meant so much in my life," said the reverend. "And for my wife Jane who has been by my side, putting up with me for over 40 years."

"Let's turn this around—take a minute to share in the comments below about a woman who has meant a lot in your life."

Franklin Graham, 64, is the son of world-renowned evangelist Pastor Billy Graham. Franklin Graham runs the international Christian aid group Samaritan's Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA). He is married, has five children, and frequently preaches in the United States and abroad.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/rev-graham-christianity-honors-women-not-islamic-countries-where-women-have

1 Share

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by tobtap: 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
seconded cool

1 Like

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by silvastone: 7:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
b4 this turns into a religious war....just know he is saying the truth

4 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by Alitair(m): 8:19pm On Mar 14, 2017
True. True. So very true. Oya u people should come and say its a lie.(i no call anybody o)
Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by skedman(m): 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
What type of honour are you refering to, is it by allowing our ladies to wear open cloth to the church or to open their hair which is term sexy . If you see a muslim lady what comes to your mind is what we term honour

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by johntredon: 10:00am On Mar 15, 2017
Let us look at how the Bible view women, and see in real Truth how terrible the women's status would be if they were living under a true Christian state that follows the Bible 100%.

If a husband finds at his wedding night that his wife is not a virgin, she will be stoned to death

Deuteronomy 22:13-21

13 “If any man takes a wife, and goes in to her, and then spurns her,
14 and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings an evil name upon her, saying, ‘I took this woman, and when I came near her, I did not find in her the tokens of virginity,’
15 then the father of the young woman and her mother shall take and bring out the tokens of her virginity to the elders of the city in the gate;
16 and the father of the young woman shall say to the elders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man to wife, and he spurns her;
17 and lo, he has made shameful charges against her, saying, “I did not find in your daughter the tokens of virginity.” And yet these are the tokens of my daughter’s virginity.’ And they shall spread the garment before the elders of the city.
18 Then the elders of that city shall take the man and whip him;
19 and they shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver, and give them to the father of the young woman, because he has brought an evil name upon a virgin of Israel; and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.
20 But if the thing is true, that the tokens of virginity were not found in the young woman,
21 then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has wrought folly in Israel by playing the harlot in her father’s house; so you shall purge the evil from the midst of you.

4 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by Ridwanna(m): 10:16am On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=54590142][/quote]

I think Graham needs to borrow some sense from wise people around d word.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by alBHAGDADI: 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
johntredon:
Let us look at how the Bible view women, and see in real Truth how terrible the women's status would be if they were living under a true Christian state that follows the Bible 100%.

If a husband finds at his wedding night that his wife is not a virgin, she will be stoned to death

14 and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings an evil name upon her, saying, ‘I took this woman, and when I came near her, I did not find in her the tokens of virginity,’
15 then the father of the young woman and her mother shall take and bring out the tokens of her virginity to the elders of the city in the gate;
16 and the father of the young woman shall say to the elders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man to wife, and he spurns her;
17 and lo, he has made shameful charges against her, saying, “I did not find in your daughter the tokens of virginity.” And yet these are the tokens of my daughter’s virginity.’ And they shall spread the garment before the elders of the city.
19 and they shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver, and give them to the father of the young woman, because he has brought an evil name upon a virgin of Israel; and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.
20 But if the thing is true, that the tokens of virginity were not found in the young woman,
21 then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has wrought folly in Israel by playing the harlot in her father’s house; so you shall purge the evil from the midst of you.

That was a law for the nation of ISRAEL alone and it's never applicable to non-israelites.

Let's take a look at Jesus and Mohammad and how both men related with women.

Enter Jesus

He brought back a dead girl to life
He healed a woman with an issue of blood
He prevented the stoning of a Mary Magdalene
Mary Magdalene washed his feet with perfume and her hair in show of appreciation
Women wept during his trial and crucifixion
Women wept at his grave due to love for him
A woman was the first to hear of his resurrection

Enter Mohammad

He married a 6yr old girl called aisha
He consummated the marriage when she clocked 9yrs
He killed a Jewish woman's husband and father then converted, married and had sex with her on the same day
He ejaculate.d on a 6yr old girl
He married the wife of his adopted son after seeing her unclothedness and desiring her
He married his first wife, a 40yr old widow when he was 25
Married 11 wives
Says a woman's testimony is worth half of a man's testimony
Says 3 things spoil prayers - a donkey, a black dog and a woman
Prescribed beating of wives
Prevented women from inheritance
He was Killed by poison given to him by a WOMAN

You can add yours

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by alBHAGDADI: 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
skedman:
What type of honour are you refering to, is it by allowing our ladies to wear open cloth to the church or to open their hair which is term sexy . If you see a muslim lady what comes to your mind is what we term honour
When we see a muslim lady, what we see looks like a masquerade. That's cos there is no freedom in islam, and where there is no freedom, the spirit of God is not there.

2 corinthians 3:17

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by johntredon: 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
1) Jesus considers women as dirt that defiles men (since Jesus, the GOD, is the one who supposedly inspired the New Testament as Christians claim):

Revelation 14:4 "Those are those (men) who did not defile themselves with women , for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as first fruits to God and the Lamb.

2). Women are not only spiritually defiling to men as Jesus put it, but they're also physically defiling when they have their menses. Anything they touch becomes unclean:

Leviticus 15:19-30 "And if a woman have an issue (her period/menses), [and] her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe [himself] in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe [himself] in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it [be] on [her] bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she [shall be] unclean. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe [himself] in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one [for] a sin offering, and the other [for] a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness."

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
tobtap:

seconded cool

God bless you. smiley
Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
silvastone:

b4 this turns into a religious war....just know he is saying the truth

More grace to you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
Alitair:

True. True. So very true. Oya u people should come and say its a lie.(i no call anybody o)

Remain blessed. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:20pm On Mar 16, 2017
skedman:

Whatever country Christianity goes to the women there are liberated from all the shackles that religion, tradition and culture have place upon them to weigh them down. Christianity brought education, hospitals and progress. This cannot be said where Christianity is denied.
Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2017
johntredon:

You quoted the OT that guides the Jews in the middle east. Click on the suggested link to see how Israel is ranked as the best country for women in the Middle East. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/178504

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ridwanna:

I think Graham needs to borrow some sense from wise people around d word.

If you are wise you will learn from what he said. Check the facts here: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/178504

1 Like

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by johntredon: 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
[s][/s]
OLAADEGBU:

You quoted the OT that guides the Jews in the middle east. Click on the suggested link to see how Israel is ranked as the best country for women in the Middle East. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/178504
You are me telling that Old Testament not part of the Bible again but whenever you want to quote the tithe verses you people would remember Old Testament but when it comes to atrocities in the bible that's when it belongs to jews custom
Remember that Jesus said;
Jesus said he was sent to preach the Jewish Law (Matt. 5:17-20), and that was the purpose of his mission (Luk. 4:43, 19:10, Mk. 1:38) He praised the Jewish Law (Matt. 23:23

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by johntredon: 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
If a woman gives birth to a baby boy, then she becomes unclean for 7 days. But if she gives birth to a baby girl, then she becomes unclean for 14 days.

N:B.So in other words, the birth of any female causes double the pollution:

Leviticus 12:2-5 "Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a MALE child: then she shall be unclean SEVEN DAYS; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying THIRTY THREE days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled. But if she bear a FEMALE child, then she shall be unclean TWO WEEKS, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying SIXTY SIX days."

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
johntredon:

[s][/s]
You are me telling that Old Testament not part of the Bible again but whenever you want to quote the tithe verses you people would remember Old Testament but when it comes to atrocities in the bible that's when it belongs to jews custom
Remember that Jesus said;
Jesus said he was sent to preach the Jewish Law (Matt. 5:17-20), and that was the purpose of his mission (Luk. 4:43, 19:10, Mk. 1:38) He praised the Jewish Law (Matt. 23:23

Who said that the OT is not part of the Bible. The Jews gave us both the Old and New testaments that birthed our civilisations. If not for the Bible you will still be living in an uncivilised dog eat dog society.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2017
johntredon:

If a woman gives birth to a baby boy, then she becomes unclean for 7 days. But if she gives birth to a baby girl, then she becomes unclean for 14 days.

N:B.So in other words, the birth of any female causes double the pollution:

Leviticus 12:2-5 "Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a MALE child: then she shall be unclean SEVEN DAYS; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying THIRTY THREE days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled. But if she bear a FEMALE child, then she shall be unclean TWO WEEKS, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying SIXTY SIX days."

I won't even bother to waste my time educating you on what those verses you quoted means because you don't have a heart to receive them. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by johntredon: 7:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
Deuteronomy 22:28-30 "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and
rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives."

N:B:
One must ask a simple question here, who is really punished, the man who raped the woman or the woman who was raped? What is to prevent someone from finding the best looking woman in town, raping her, telling everyone about it, and then having the courts force her to be his wife for the rest of her life

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
johntredon:

Deuteronomy 22:28-30 "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and
rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives."

N:B:
One must ask a simple question here, who is really punished, the man who raped the woman or the woman who was raped? What is to prevent someone from finding the best looking woman in town, raping her, telling everyone about it, and then having the courts force her to be his wife for the rest of her life

Instead of wasting your time on a book you don't believe is true why don't you deal with women's right under Islam as depicted below?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by johntredon: 4:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
If a woman tries to save her husband from a beating by grabbing the other man's private parts to lift him off her husband, then both her hands must get cut off:

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "And in case men struggle together (in a fight) with one another, and the wife of the one has come near to deliver her husband out of the striking one (to save her husband), and she has thrust out her hand and grabbed hold of his private (the other man's groin), she must then get both her hands cut off, and the eyes of the men must feel no sorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
johntredon:

If a woman tries to save her husband from a beating by grabbing the other man's private parts to lift him off her husband, then both her hands must get cut off:

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "And in case men struggle together (in a fight) with one another, and the wife of the one has come near to deliver her husband out of the striking one (to save her husband), and she has thrust out her hand and grabbed hold of his private (the other man's groin), she must then get both her hands cut off, and the eyes of the men must feel no sorrow.

Why are you taking Panadol for another man's headache? Are you an Israelite? The Mosaic law was used to govern the nation of Israel just as the constitution of Nigeria is used to govern Nigerians. Why do you want to use the constitution of Israel to judge any Gentile nation? undecided
Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by johntredon: 5:24am On Mar 18, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Why are you taking Panadol for another man's headache? Are you an Israelite? The Mosaic law was used to govern the nation of Israel just as the constitution of Nigeria is used to govern Nigerians. Why do you want to use the constitution of Israel to judge any Gentile nation? undecided
That's the reason I said you don't read your bible,maybe you forgot what your God Jesus said in the Bible, if you don't remember I will remind you. Jesus said in Matt;

Matthew 5:17-20

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by johntredon: 5:31am On Mar 18, 2017
Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the LovePeddler, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire. "

N:B- Why a priests daughter be burnt in fire just because her father is a priest if she decides to act like a LovePeddler? Is this fair? Should it make a difference whether or not a girl's father is a priest or not?

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07am On Mar 18, 2017
johntredon:

That's the reason I said you don't read your bible,maybe you forgot what your God Jesus said in the Bible, if you don't remember I will remind you. Jesus said in Matt;

Matthew 5:17-20

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Don't quote what you don't understand rather compare how Jesus and Muhammad treated women.

1 Share

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by johntredon: 11:08am On Mar 18, 2017
If the husband dies without impregnating the wife, then the "brother" of the dead husband MUST marry his wife. The female CANNOT marry anyone else, but ONLY her dead husband's brother (DEUTERONOMY 25:5).

N:B- In Christianity, the woman has NO CHOICE, but to marry her dead husband's brother. It is clear which religion is oppressing women.
Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17am On Mar 18, 2017
johntredon:
If the husband dies without impregnating the wife, then the "brother" of the dead husband MUST marry his wife. The female CANNOT marry anyone else, but ONLY her dead husband's brother (DEUTERONOMY 25:5).

N:B- In Christianity, the woman has NO CHOICE, but to marry her dead husband's brother. It is clear which religion is oppressing women.

Does equality apply to your women suicide bombers since your men get to inherit 72 virgins? shocked

Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by johntredon: 11:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Daughters inherit nothing when there are sons:

"If a man dies and leaves no son, turn his inheritance over to his daughter. Numbers 27:8
Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52pm On Mar 18, 2017
johntredon:
Daughters inherit nothing when there are sons:

"If a man dies and leaves no son, turn his inheritance over to his daughter. Numbers 27:8

"And they said, The Lord commanded my lord to give the land for an inheritance by lot to the children of Israel: and my lord was commanded by the Lord to give the inheritance of Zelophehad our brother unto his daughters" (Numbers 36:2).

As you can see in the following chapter, the daughters of Zelophehad had been given an inheritance in the land of Manasseh because their father had no sons. Don't comment on subjects that you don't understand as that will only make you a half baked student. cool
Re: Christianity Honours Women, Unlike Islamic Countries Where Women Have No Rights by johntredon: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
Leviticus 20:15 "If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal."

Let us look at Leviticus 20:16 "If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Notice that in Leviticus 20:15 the man has to be caught having sex with an animal in order for him to be put to death. We have to be sure 100% beyond the shadow of the doubt to kill him.

Notice however in Leviticus 20:16 that if a woman only looks SUSPICIOUS and not necessarily get caught having sex with an animal, she would still be put to death. We do not have to be sure 100% beyond the shadow of the doubt with her in order for us to kill her.

It is beyond question that Leviticus 20:15 and
Leviticus 20:16 prove that the Bible prefers to put women to death whenever an opportunity presents itself!

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Trump And First Lady Made Suprise Visit To U.S. Soldiers In Iraq(Pics) / Cote d'Ivoire, One Year After Gbagbo Ouster / Brave Woman Poses Next To A Police Car Without Her Hyjab In Iran And This Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.