Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up (20783 Views)

NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ / As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods / Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:19am On Mar 15, 2017
twosquare:
Really? This is ridiculous!

How, If you don't know you ask..
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by twosquare(m): 8:21am On Mar 15, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

How, If you don't know you ask..
check my quote again @the bolded.
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 15, 2017
abescom:
This is funny but a fact. If only Nigeria was productive. If only we export more than we import. China was able to devalue her currency and make more money because they export more than they import. Hopefully Nigeria will one day get there.
Well said my brother....as to your prayer of us getting there With these thieves littering our system...I seriously doubt it
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 15, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

But you said the source of the dollars will dry soon.. Please are you wishing Nigeria good with the bold?
see ur life lode...that was not wat I meant
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by emi14: 8:31am On Mar 15, 2017
Is still shameful at #400 per dollar. You raised it to 540 dropped it at #452 from #200 and expect praises with standing ovation. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by kjhova(m): 8:41am On Mar 15, 2017
9jakohai:

Rather lazy economic analysis.

We are where we are because we are not making enough dollars.... and the only.way to make dollars is being productive.

What this govt should do..... what you should be advising them to do, is to take a loan to improve power, rail, and education. With the aim of diversifying our export base.

Why are you trying to relate with folks who have zero understanding of the subject matter beyond the Buhari-GEJ discuss? Don't waste your precious time yea.

As per your proposal to borrow to improve infrastructure, it is ideal but has drawbacks in our terrain.

One, Nigeria's raiting is falling and our security, which is our crude reserve has stagnated and these gives Nigeria bad credit rating. The resultant is limited lenders willing to borrow us funds and higher interest rates applicable to whatever funds we are able to raise.

Two, is that major projects as these are expensive and long term in nature. Imagine that you sit on the board of a major global financier and you are to approve Nigeria's request for US$175Billion for tenure of 32 years to fund road, rail, port and mining development projects. You will consider Nigeria's peculiar issues; corruption, lack of accountability, government policy flip flops, existential threat to the very existence of the country on the long run etc. Nigeria is not yet qualified to raise such funds.

Work beckons, I can't continue further. Adios
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by wonlasewonimi: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2017
Quantitative easing naija style.
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2017
DrDeji20:
this solution is temporary
Sir, please what's your own permanent solution?
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by kendo1: 8:52am On Mar 15, 2017
Its all lie as the Banks will also confess to being arrogant to customers when it has something to do with PTA. And that's why I call GTbank a scam Bank. I requested for PTA two to three weeks ago in Chevron Branch at Lekki Lagos and up till the day of travel for my wife they were unable to provide PTA for her to Travel. The Media should help us do proper investigation if GTB is actually paying or not. I have not seen anyone given PTA in this brach I mentioned. Please go and do investigation. Frankly speaking the Bank collude with BDC and sell this Dollars to them. Infact my wife and her friend changed money in the BDC yesterday at Ikota for N458 to 1 Dollars before she travelled in the Night. They have been frustrating the efforts of CBN in making sure the palliative gets to the right people and that why you see this Bankers building sky scrappers everywhere in Lagos and other states.

I must commend Banks like UBA, Union and First bank for meeting the needs of the people. The Media helps the banks to promote them while the final consumers who happen to be the ones travelling are denied this PTA. Please cross check your facts before promoting any bank. I am more interested in Gtbank Chevron Branch in Lekki because they have disappointed many travelers. This is the reason I can confirm GTbank is a scam Bank.

1 Like

Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:55am On Mar 15, 2017
twosquare:
check my quote again @the bolded.

And what is ridiculous about that?
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by Mrmoz(m): 8:55am On Mar 15, 2017
Nigerians we will never stop complaining even if dollar goes back to 165...letz just be thankful to God that things are getting better even duh slowly was this not our prayer to God all alone honestly we nigerians the behave like isrealites in tha desert then...letz not use our mouth to promote and feed our suffer wat u feed will grow even your problems speak positive think positive..nigeria is bless and we will grow
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:57am On Mar 15, 2017
Cousim:
see ur life lode...that was not wat I meant

and what do you mean oo if i may ask..
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2017
sirequity:
Buhari please go back to London.

We don't need you now!
You don't need him,not "we"
Wailing is the birth right Igbos and zombis.
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by supereagle(m): 9:33am On Mar 15, 2017
I love it, I can import my books now.
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 15, 2017
Kill Nigeria further CBN

1: What is the breakdown of the allocation of USD - Oil marketers who refuse to import from Ghana and Niger but prefer France and Russia
2: Are local manufacturers getting a good share to boost local production and create jobs
3: Are travellers and tourists and school children taking up 70% as claimed by most CBN analysts or is Dangote and Otedola cashing out
4: Naira is firming up but what is the price of a bag of rice or cement.. is it reflecting?

Nigerians. please act fast before this nation is buried alive
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by dasanchez1(m): 10:02am On Mar 15, 2017
What ways can you commend the effectiveness of government strategy for managing foreign exchange
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 15, 2017
Buhari and his government or those around him, with Nigerians taxes are like pouring water in basket.

Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by CellTabRepairs: 10:20am On Mar 15, 2017
How long?

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Are U looking for a job? Between 18-50 yrs?Are U a graduate or secondary school leaver?Are U retired, sacked or tired of salary work? U want a biz with high returns, skill as capital, lowest startup costs? ■Make average10k ($30-$50)or more daily■Meet high net worth individuals[opportunities in people]■Grow in IT knowledge■Be highly sought after [Money looking for U].■Employ others! Just get "Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals" from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc today & LEARN HOW TO EARN thru this bestselling book! Don't waste 1 WHOLE yr waiting for a (THAT) job !

Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 15, 2017
texazzpete:

You should first start by returning the money used to educate you to your parents.

There's absolutely no way the exchange rate could have stayed at N200 to a dollar with the dramatic fall in oil price. Assemble a team of the best economists in the world and you'll still never have been able to maintain that exchange rate.

Sometimes you people should put partisan politics aside and analyze issues with logic. You're probably a graduate, shouldn't it be a thing of pride for you to think these things through?

Did you really read everything I wrote ...You started poorly, made a good point and ended poorly as well.

Look at the HashTag please before leaping to conclusions.
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by DrDeji20(m): 11:45am On Mar 15, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

You guys have been saying that for the past 2 weeks hahahha.. We have surplus dollars my brother so thinking it will fall again is just like fooling youself..

I bet you cannot say anything on this forum without insulting someone else. civility is essential in any reasonable human being.
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by nic121: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2017
Cousim:
continue to pump....una source go soon dry

When Kaduna is swiss bank of Nigeria?
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
DrDeji20:

I bet you cannot say anything on this forum without insulting someone else. civility is essential in any reasonable human being.

LOL where is the insult in my comment?

1 Like

Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by guychidile: 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
I will comment when dollar is exchange @#17.5 parallel and #205 black market..gbam..!
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by guychidile: 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
I will comment when the dollar is exchanged to #197.5 parrarel and #205 black market ..,so now I'm still speechless ...period.!
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by Haddock(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
Millz404:
Na only pump pump we d hear... When will prices start coming down

When you get up and contribute to the economy by selling pure water in the streets instead of lying on your back 24/7 complaining and waiting
Re: CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up by Millz404(m): 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
Haddock:

When you get up and contribute to the economy by selling pure water in the streets instead of lying on your back 24/7 complaining and waiting

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Weakens To 917 Per Dollar - Bloomberg / Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent / Fish Farm Business Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.