Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android (1402 Views)

Updated Gmail App Fails To Bring New Mail Inbox / You Can Now Send & Receive Money Through Gmail App Using Google Wallet / How To Un-send An Email With The New Gmail App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android by Reediano(m): 10:10am On Mar 15, 2017

Google has just released a new update for the Gmail app specifically for the Android users. Google is trying to make sending and receiving money a lot more easier by introducing a new feature which will make it possible to send and receive money through the Gmail app.

This new feature is actually based on the "Google wallet" which has been around for over four years. The Google wallet is a service by Google which makes it possible to send and receive money through Gmail web only.

But with this new update, you will now be able to use the Google wallet service on your Android smartphone through the Gmail app. One other good thing about this service is that the transaction is done within the Gmail app without need for a third-party app.

To use this new feature, just click on the attachment icon at the top right corner then click on "send money" or "receive money" depending on what you want to do.

Unfortunately, this service is currently available in the US only but it's expected to hit other regions pretty soon.

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/03/you-can-now-send-and-receive-money.html
Re: You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android by futureroyal(m): 1:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nice to see Google wallet again. I've used it before they disable the feature and now it's back again. Let's see how it goes this time
Re: You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android by Reediano(m): 5:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
futureroyal:
Nice to see Google wallet again. I've used it before they disable the feature and now it's back again. Let's see how it goes this time

Let's just wait until it gets to this region
Re: You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android by futureroyal(m): 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
yeah true, but if they're fully back you can still use it before it gets to our region. Just like Paypal
Reediano:

Let's just wait until it gets to this region
Re: You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android by Reediano(m): 5:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
futureroyal:
yeah true, but if they're fully back you can still use it before it gets to our region. Just like Paypal

I guess with VPN

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android by futureroyal(m): 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
VPN or RDP
Reediano:

I guess with VPN
Re: You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android by Reediano(m): 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
futureroyal:
VPN or RDP

But it might be linked to a bank account which makes VPN useless in this case.
Re: You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android by koskilala: 4:41pm On Mar 20, 2017
Reediano:

How will that be useless?
Re: You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android by Reediano(m): 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
koskilala:

How will that be useless?

If the service I linked to a bank account, the you will need a US bank account.....

Just like PayPal...
Re: You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android by futureroyal(m): 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
I guess you don't really know how it works, you can HMU let's talk
Reediano:

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Phone To Buy, Any Seller Here? / Please Help / Where To Buy good Second hand Phones In LAGOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.