Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,700 members, 7,813,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) (3370 Views)

Buy Your Dwarf Seedling Orange,lemon,mango,cashew, Pawpaw,ogbono,palm,bittercola / Man Ties Tree With Juju Cloth To Scare People, But See What Happened Next. Pics / Some Popular Species Of Chickens We Eat In Nigeria [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by Albedo27(m): 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
I came across this Mango tree this afternoon in a compound where I went to weld something.

The mango tree has two trunks from the soil surface, which are about 5m tall. It has two different mango fruits species, bearing on each of the trunks.

As curious as I was, I decided to make enquiries from the own of the mango tree. The man frantically told me that he planted only one mango seed, that for the past few years it started bearing fruits, it was producing a particular species of mangoes fruits until last year when it changed to two different mangoes fruits.

Please does anybody has an idea of what could have caused mutation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by Albedo27(m): 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
More pictures

Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
Grafting can result to that. In fact, it can produce entirely different friuts like avocado, etc (so I hear)☺
Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by Albedo27(m): 3:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Muafrika2:
Grafting can result to that. In fact, it can produce entirely different friuts like avocado, etc (so I hear)☺
No such thing happened according to the owner.
Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by LivinaPatrick(f): 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
End time mango
Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by Onyinye15(f): 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
obviously human need and want angry
Allow the mango some space.

maybe the owner complained to God for money and who knows

i never see oo
Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by wahles(m): 12:05am On Mar 16, 2017
Where our science students? Make una come tell us the 2 tins involved

Dont blame Buhari# grin
Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by Vladdo: 1:06am On Mar 16, 2017
Yea, nothing new/extraordinary there. You can actually graft two different species of mango on the same stem/trunk. Either to conserve space or for experimental purposes. Matter of fact, I have same in my compound producing "Kerosene" & " Julie" mangoes. Since its a normal practise to bud/graft before sales, its possible that at the point of purchase, the farmer/horticultural expert had grafted the two in one. Changes nothing sir! All to the benefit of the mango seedling buyer; go, plant and enjoy!
Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by Albedo27(m): 8:21am On Mar 16, 2017
Vladdo:
Yea, nothing new/extraordinary there. You can actually graft two different species of mango on the same stem/trunk. Either to conserve space or for experimental purposes. Matter of fact, I have same in my compound producing "Kerosene" & " Julie" mangoes. Since its a normal practise to bud/graft before sales, its possible that at the point of purchase, the farmer/horticultural expert had grafted the two in one. Changes nothing sir! All to the benefit of the mango seedling buyer; go, plant and enjoy!
Thanks though, but according to owner of the mango tree, there was neither budding nor grafting. He actually bought a mongo fruit, ate the flesh and planted the seed.
Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 18, 2017
Albedo27:
I came across this Mango tree this afternoon in a compound where I went to weld something.

The mango tree has two trunks from the soil surface, which are about 5m tall. It has two different mango fruits species, bearing on each of the trunks.

As curious as I was, I decided to make enquiries from the own of the mango tree. The man frantically told me that he planted only one mango seed, that for the past few years it started bearing fruits, it was producing a particular species of mangoes fruits until last year when it changed to two different mangoes fruits.

Please does anybody has an idea of what could have caused mutation?
I want to assure you that the plant was neither grafted nor was it a miracle. It is definitely two seeds in one hole, that's why you have the trunk of the two cultivars growing along.
Note that the man you said that planted it said that the two cultivars came on fruiting in different years. Nothing like mutation in this.
my suspicion is that this mango wasn't planted deliberately or that there war a filth conner there before where two voluntary mango seeds were thrown away.
...check my posts, I am a master grafter.
Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2017
Muafrika2:
No way brother, it can't grow avocado BC its a different family
Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
LivinaPatrick:
End time mango
Nothing like end time. view this mango and "you go fear FEAR"

Re: A Mango Tree With 2 Different Fruit Species (pics) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
happybrother:

No way brother, it can't grow avocado BC its a different family
grin

(1) (Reply)

Biomar Fish Feed Is Available Call 08034308587 / Photo Of The World Largest Tortoise Found In Amazon River. / Feed For Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.