Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) (2290 Views)

Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2018 / Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2017 / 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by jossy874(m): 5:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
I graduated in 2014, served in in the Northern part of the country. While i was serving, the community that i was posted to happens to be blessed with what i call their own mineral resources GINGER. This is a Local government in Kaduna state by the name Kagarko lga, it can be located along Abuja-Kaduna express way. This people are mainly farmers, about 80% of them. When i was posted there, at first, i cried for days and felt dejected. No network, no light and other social amenities. After a while, i accepted my faith and made up my mind to make the place my home for the period of time i was to stay. I started mingling with the people of the community and i discovered that their hospitality is awesome, which made me to change my mind about the northerners, we all believe that an average Hausa man is violent, but today i stand to correct that motion. They introduced me into ginger farming, gave me land for free and other things, all i needed was to by my seedlings and pay for the cheap labour i got from my student. That was how i became a COOPERATE GINGER FARMER. I passed out and went home but when it was time to harvest, i went back and had a bountiful harvest. I sold the ones i could sell, gave out some to people that helped in harvesting and kept the remaining to be planted this year. It was my decision to start making a leaving from the business it self, i established some contact and got people that was willing to buy from me for exportation but capital became a nightmare to me, we talking about ginger of 10m-20m, were i wan see that kind money. That was how some of the deal passed me by. I concluded that i will go and look for a job so as to raise fund and go into the business proper, i don waka the whole of Portharcourt and nothing came out. we are approaching another planting season and i cant still boost of 5k of my own, dis life sef.
! I am just hoping on God for a miracle so that this my dream of being an entrepreneur wont just die.

Farmer Jossy.

2 Likes

Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by apollo13(m): 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
jossy874:
I graduated in 2014, served in in the Northern part of the country. While i was serving, the community that i was posted to happens to be blessed with what i call their own mineral resources GINGER. This is a Local government in Kaduna state by the name Kagarko lga, it can be located along Abuja-Kaduna express way. This people are mainly farmers, about 80% of them. When i was posted there, at first, i cried for days and felt dejected. No network, no light and other social amenities. After a while, i accepted my faith and made up my mind to make the place my home for the period of time i was to stay. I started mingling with the people of the community and i discovered that their hospitality is awesome, which made me to change my mind about the northerners, we all believe that an average Hausa man is violent, but today i stand to correct that motion. They introduced me into ginger farming, gave me land for free and other things, all i needed was to by my seedlings and pay for the cheap labour i got from my student. That was how i became a COOPERATE GINGER FARMER. I passed out and went home but when it was time to harvest, i went back and had a bountiful harvest. I sold the ones i could sell, gave out some to people that helped in harvesting and kept the remaining to be planted this year. It was my decision to start making a leaving from the business it self, i established some contact and got people that was willing to buy from me for exportation but capital became a nightmare to me, we talking about ginger of 10m-20m, were i wan see that kind money. That was how some of the deal passed me by. I concluded that i will go and look for a job so as to raise fund and go into the business proper, i don waka the whole of Portharcourt and nothing came out. we are approaching another planting season and i cant still boost of 5k of my own, dis life sef.
! I am just hoping on God for a miracle so that this my dream of being an entrepreneur wont just die.

Farmer Jossy.
Guy nice idea, can be do business together?

1 Like

Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by jossy874(m): 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
apollo13:

sure we can, 08038811027 whatsapp
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by shams040(m): 9:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
My signature
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by babythug(f): 8:37am On Mar 16, 2017
Dear OP if the business is as profitable as you put it and you were able to with your allowee as a corper set up a farm etc etc why not continue on that path Till the farm/business grows?!

It's important to start from somewhere at least! No one is likely to cough out 10m or more in the name of exporting ginger!

I'm not even sure Nigeria's ginger is ranked so highly that the export market is "looking for it"

In summary stArt with what you have and from where you are!

6 Likes

Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by jossy874(m): 9:54am On Mar 16, 2017
babythug:
Dear OP if the business is as profitable as you put it and you were able to with your allowee as a corper set up a farm etc etc why not continue on that path Till the farm/business grows?!

It's important to start from somewhere at least! No one is likely to cough out 10m or more in the name of exporting ginger!

I'm not even sure Nigeria's ginger is ranked so highly that the export market is "looking for it"

In summary stArt with what you have and from where you are!
Thanks alot for the advice, exactly what i am doing. But y can this be moved to Front page?
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by babythug(f): 9:56am On Mar 16, 2017
jossy874:
Thanks alot for the advice, exactly what i am doing. But y can this be moved to Front page?

I have no idea how the front page topics are allocated....
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by jossy874(m): 9:58am On Mar 16, 2017
babythug:

I have no idea how the front page topics are allocated....
I know dont know, just asking dear
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
apollo13:

@ op where are u currently , are u still in Kaduna?

and secondly I heard about federal loan disbursement via Bank of Industry ( GEEP). it is an interest free loan.ask around to get more information about the programme.

but if u are in Kaduna city or south I know of a place you can get registered and later get the said loan.
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by jossy874(m): 1:06pm On Mar 16, 2017
ameemu:

@ op where are u currently , are u still in Kaduna?

and secondly I heard about federal loan disbursement via Bank of Industry ( GEEP). it is an interest free loan.ask around to get more information about the programme.

but if u are in Kaduna city or south I know of a place you can get registered and later get the said loan.
I am not in Kaduna presently, but u can still direct me
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
jossy874:
I am not in Kaduna presently, but u can still direct me

the highest amount u can loan is 100,000 while the little u can take is 10,00

I know of Kaduna state. or Google geep and see where u can get fund or the loan
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
you can visit facan at bebeji house very close to all saint school nnmadi azikwe by pass Kaduna

OR visit their Data collection center
Kaduna south Revenue office ungwa sanusi Kaduna, yero ict center very close to the police station

I hope it help
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by lollmaolol(m): 2:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
Smelling scam , 15% of being legit

As a corp member who served in Kaduna, the local government support and also BOI. If you are legit, apply for loan via them.

Nairalanders do not be scammed, we have seen stronger story than this.

Please commit your advice and not your money.
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
lollmaolol:
Smelling scam , 15% of being legit

As a corp member who served in Kaduna, the local government support and also BOI. If you are legit, apply for loan via them.

Nairalanders do not be scammed, we have seen stronger story than this.

Please commit your advice and not your money.

please try to confirm information before saying scam or not scam.
www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/fg-disburse-n140bn-petty-traders-artisans-nationwide/
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by rhymesnoni(m): 4:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
it is well ma broda
Re: Cry Of A Young Graduate (pics) by hackwi(m): 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
What happened to your allawee money?

(1) (Reply)

Workforce Group Recruitment For Direct Sales Executives (dses) / Latest Recruitment For Graduate Interns In A Renowned FMCG Company / African Development Bank Group (afdb) Recruiting Officers & Assistants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.