Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters (18091 Views)

Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: "What God Told Me" / Sunday Adelaja Speaks On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal / Apostle Suleman Sex Scandal Allegations: Checkout This Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by dictbennie(m): 10:40am On Mar 16, 2017
Two consenting adults had sex and it is news? The Otobo girl just be very daft if her accusations are true. A married man with a congregation of over 500000 people promised her marriage in other to get in between her (a stripper) laps and she believed him? I'm not too surprised, many young ladies fall for this. They go after married men thinking they would leave their wives for them. The only people Sulaiman owes the truth are his family and congregation. Nigerians are big time hypocrites, some of us guys are not even faithful to our girlfriends let alone wives and are shouting that a mortal like them did same. Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Firstcitizen: 10:40am On Mar 16, 2017
Apostle go just dey pray make dis matter just die but Nigerians no gree grin grin grin
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by DLondonboiy: 10:40am On Mar 16, 2017
lol
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Fessy09(m): 10:40am On Mar 16, 2017
Alexk2:
You make alot of sense. It annoy me the way people keep quoting scripture wrongly to back up wrongdoings that should be investigated and allow people to learn from the truth.
Whether he is guity or not, it is very neccessary that truth is established and it's pure ignorance for anybody to think it's not my buisness or He isnt accountable to me. I'm a christian and he's one of the top chriatian leaders we have in this country....for these two reason, it is my buisness and he should be accountable to me also same way he is accountable to his church members.

The first thing that comes to mind when his name is mentioned is that he is a chriatian and a top, respected pastor; Omega fire ministry is secondary. So, i'm very much interested in knowing the established truth.

Secondly, for the sake of precedence the truth need to be established. If this is a set up to rubbish his name, the lady should be prosecuted accordingly. If we fail to do this, it'll encourage more criminals to tow same line and hence soil the image of true and genuine men of God.

She was bold enough to come out with varifiable allegations, it is not reasonable to shy away from investigating it. E.g, Phone calls can be investiated..call history can be traced from telecom company and convasation exchanged should be investigated., bank transactions and alleged tranfers can easily be traced, hotel reservations and flight bookings can also be investigated. I see no reason why anybody should blame the govt or group/s yet and to be silent is a case like this may be tantamount to admitting guilt.

Lastly, it'll be a joy to me if Apostle Suleiman is absolved of wrongdoings and the justice served.....and if it comes out that he indeed had an affiar with the lady, he should'nt be too big to apologize to Christians in general and seek the face of God for complete restoration. Shalom!
kaaaaiii. you just spoke my mind...abeg which sku you finish from?? cos u seem to be very very reasonable. Weldon sir
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Fessy09(m): 10:40am On Mar 16, 2017
Alexk2:
You make alot of sense. It annoy me the way people keep quoting scripture wrongly to back up wrongdoings that should be investigated and allow people to learn from the truth.
Whether he is guity or not, it is very neccessary that truth is established and it's pure ignorance for anybody to think it's not my buisness or He isnt accountable to me. I'm a christian and he's one of the top chriatian leaders we have in this country....for these two reason, it is my buisness and he should be accountable to me also same way he is accountable to his church members.

The first thing that comes to mind when his name is mentioned is that he is a chriatian and a top, respected pastor; Omega fire ministry is secondary. So, i'm very much interested in knowing the established truth.

Secondly, for the sake of precedence the truth need to be established. If this is a set up to rubbish his name, the lady should be prosecuted accordingly. If we fail to do this, it'll encourage more criminals to tow same line and hence soil the image of true and genuine men of God.

She was bold enough to come out with varifiable allegations, it is not reasonable to shy away from investigating it. E.g, Phone calls can be investiated..call history can be traced from telecom company and convasation exchanged should be investigated., bank transactions and alleged tranfers can easily be traced, hotel reservations and flight bookings can also be investigated. I see no reason why anybody should blame the govt or group/s yet and to be silent is a case like this may be tantamount to admitting guilt.

Lastly, it'll be a joy to me if Apostle Suleiman is absolved of wrongdoings and the justice served.....and if it comes out that he indeed had an affiar with the lady, he should'nt be too big to apologize to Christians in general and seek the face of God for complete restoration. Shalom!
kaaaaiii. you just spoke my mind...abeg which sku you finish from?? cos u seem to be very very reasonable. Weldon
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by fratermathy(m): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2017
pauljumbo:

the girl is making us think she is lying

no concrete evidence from her

she is just talking

She has released his photo showing his lustful face. They said it's a photoshop. Where did she get the faceshot from? No one can answer.

She mentioned Okeke's name as his mistress only for us to see a car registered in Suleiman's name in her garage. Later on, it was removed magically and no one questioned.

He said she's a government agent yet she was arrested by a government agency and tortured for 6 days.

Ope O!

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Splashme: 10:42am On Mar 16, 2017
wq
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by muyibaba222(m): 10:44am On Mar 16, 2017
nice write-up. It is not sentimental like many I have seen here on NL
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by mignone(f): 10:44am On Mar 16, 2017
kogirodent:
Who is in contact with Sahara reporters please? I need to share info with them.
you may try any of these:

http://saharareporters.tv/contact/

http://saharareporters.com/submit-story
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by ElsonMorali: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2017
kogirodent:
sahara reporters message me please.

I believe the media outfit you're trying to contact has a web page where you'll see their contact information.

Go to Google and do the needful.
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2017
Benekruku:

Barcelona will beat Arsenal in the Champions league final

My point exactly.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Alphamale2017(m): 10:49am On Mar 16, 2017
pauljumbo:
op please tell the girl to post her passport itinery and bank statements lets see

she is already trying the pastor already in the media

tell her to give more concrete evidence not verbal
verbal evidence are probably the lowest form of evidence. . if she doesnt have concrete proofs . then she shouldnt disturb us
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Mboi2: 10:51am On Mar 16, 2017
Alexk2:

What you said is right but not a must do. Silence they say is golden. What this girl is doing is just to tarnish the image of the apostle but let me tell you,if you are with God and you know what you are doing with God, whatever humans think is irrelevant. In some situations you go according to God's direction so if God ask him to maintain his silence he should keep it up. As you can see his silence over the matter is even paining the prosecutors on social media the more because this is a script already written which they expected him to come out and deny it so that they will move on to the 2nd stage but he won them at that by not even replying them. Once again, one with God fears nothing.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by komekn(m): 10:53am On Mar 16, 2017
David 1810,

He owes allegiance and explanations to God not you.

I am completely indifferent to the allegations, if there has been a misappropriation of funds then there could be case to answer for. However, I doubt this strongly having been a trustee on a few Christian boards well two to be exact. I found the deeds to be very grey and financial policy rules and processes to be vague and far from specific. Giving the Church CEO almost unlimited discretion for decision making where finances are concerned.

On the subject of his alleged infidelity it is of no consequence to me. If he did and he repented it's between him and God and if God forgave David then who am I. If he didn't situation remains the same. Does it retract from the quality of if services he delivers to his members, I do not think so.

80% of Christians do not read there Bibles less study the Bible and even less meditate on the word and shockingly even much much less lead a life dictated by strict scriptural standards. We are in love with Church membership and it's culture norms and values. Essentially we are in relationship with the Church not God. We created idols of men even women.

Finally WHAT CIVIL OR CRIMINAL LAW HAS BEEN BROKEN Makes a great media circus the fact that I am commenting on my day off on this nonsensical discourse makes me question my own sanity.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 16, 2017
This is the smartest article I have read on this scandal so far

God bless you OP
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by shejane: 10:55am On Mar 16, 2017
I said it before and I will say it again

Apostle Suleman owes no human any explanation only God.

Anybody that gives offering in the name of the pastor receive the pastor's reward

I give my offering nd my tithe to God whatever my Bishop choose to do with the money is left for him and God.

If Apostle Suleman is guilty let God punish him in his own way.

After all we are all sinners. We live only by His Mercy.
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Franzinni: 10:56am On Mar 16, 2017
After a long ban.... Let me off load..

sule is simply guilty.... Next!
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Goke7: 10:56am On Mar 16, 2017
In Western countries, pastors like Bishop Eddie Long, Ted Haggard, and Jim Bakker have all had cases of sexual indiscretions. When they were exposed, they apologised and recused themselves from the altar while they dealt with their sins.

That is how men of God in those countries behave, when they fall, they confessed to their wives and congregation who in turn show them love and life continues, but in Nigeria the men of God will claim that their enemies are after them. I don't know whether its an African thing but Christian leaders in this part of the world will always play the victim. me sef don tire, I feel so ashamed as a Christian. Even Pastor Chris with his oyinbo face and mentality started threatening his members and people during his divorce saga.
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by OKEMKPI: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2017
In Latin" semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit"
In English "The burden of proof is usually on the person who brings a claim in a dispute.

A petition without verifiable proof,exhibit or evidence is nothing but a mere propaganda and blackmail

An exhibit is something,items, object, produced in evidence.
Evidence is something that contributes to knowledge of what happened.
Proof is evidence that is sufficient to demonstrate certainty

What has she tendered in support for her allegations
No passport, no account statement,no medical report,etc
The above mention are within her reach and custody, these will form the basis for investigations. But she is busy asking the police to go check sulieman's manhood.Even her dressing to the press conference tells us more of her intentions. Her so called lawyers don't seem to know better
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by oseka101(m): 10:58am On Mar 16, 2017
Awesome write up just awesome
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by PROPHETmichael: 10:58am On Mar 16, 2017
"Otobo stated that she travelled with the pastor on his evangelical ministrations and that he wired her sums of money. The police should cross-check both their passports to confirm this to be true. He should provide his passports and his bank details to prove her wrong."

So if for example, Seun is travelling to London tomorrow and Lady F happened to know his departure time, booked her flight to correspond with that of his; depart and landed in London at the same time and their passports stamped, does that mean they travel together?

Nigerians be wise.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Agbegilodo: 10:59am On Mar 16, 2017
This is a well written and balanced article, why must we always shy away from issues that involve "men of God". Allegations have been made, it is only proper that they be addressed properly. The accused is yet to sue the accusers for defamation, that is red flag number 1. The accused was quick to involve the police to get the lady arrested but is slow to invite the same police to investigate her verifiable claims, red flag number 2.
My biggest concern is the lack of corporate governance in our religious institutions. Nollywood actors and actresses have confirmed that the apostle has helped a lot of them in financial and spiritual support. Other individuals have praised the philanthropy of the apostle. My question is, who authorized all these expenses? Since the money involved is generated from church members donations, offerings , tithes etc.... Does the church have a board that reviews how the money should be spent. No one is asking these important questions.
When a government agency attempted to institute some semblance of corporate governance on religious institutions (note that religious includes muslims and christians), it was the Christians that cried blue murder. I can only wonder why, I don't recall any Imam complaining (please note that I am Christian so this is not to whip religious sentiments).
We need to demand accountability from our religious leaders, the proper thing is for the Apostle to step aside from leading the Church to enable a proper investigation into the matter. If innocent, he returns to take the mantle and the accusers will face the wrath of the law. If guilty, he needs to seek the face of God for forgiveness.
Anyway, this is Nigeria where the high and mighty will continue to rule over the "sheep" that are all to ready to defend them.

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Goke7: 10:59am On Mar 16, 2017
shejane:
I said it before and I will say it again

Apostle Suleman owes no human any explanation only God.

Anybody that gives offering in the name of the pastor receive the pastor's reward

I give my offering nd my tithe to God whatever my Bishop choose to do with the money is left for him and God.

If Apostle Suleman is guilty let God punish him in his own way.

After all we are all sinners. We live only by His Mercy.

You lie, the Bible says 'confess your faults to one another that ye may be healed' [James 5:16] and the same bible also says that 'he that covereth his sins shall not prosper but he that confessed and forsake them shall obtain mercy' [Proverbs 28:13]

Are you really worshiping God or man?

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by poshbrave(m): 10:59am On Mar 16, 2017
Since all this nonsense dis is d only sensible write up I 've seen thus far.....again I know what investigation entails especially if Govt is actually or have hand in it u can be frame up ask those in govt and security agencies and that is why I call on the Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN) to first and foremost ask apostle Suleiman question privately if he maintains his innocence they (CAN) Show throw their full weight behind him nd fight those involved with CAN in d investigation I believe the govt if actually involve in dis will have little maniputions to do because CAN have their members in eventually every sector. But if CAN will not be involved in dis and d govt as claimed by the apostle have hand in dis forget proper investigation. Phone call record is not enough footage view may vindicate...bank transfer is not also enuf ask bankers in d house. So I call on CAN to be involve in dis is not a one man show but the problem of the body of Christ on this nation Nigeria
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Goke7: 11:03am On Mar 16, 2017
poshbrave:
Since all this nonsense dis is d only sensible write up I 've seen thus far.....again I know what investigation entails especially if Govt is actually or have hand in it u can be frame up ask those in govt and security agencies and that is why I call on the Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN) to first and foremost ask apostle Suleiman question privately if he maintains his innocence they (CAN) Show throw their full weight behind him nd fight those involved with CAN in d investigation I believe the govt if actually involve in dis will have little maniputions to do because CAN have their members in eventually every sector. But if CAN will not be involved in dis and d govt as claimed by the apostle have hand in dis forget proper investigation. Phone call record is not enough footage view may vindicate...bank transfer is not also enuf ask bankers in d house. So I call on CAN to be involve in dis is not a one man show but the problem of the body of Christ on this nation Nigeria

abeg leave CAN alone, they are not a law enforcement organisation. Even CAN needs to be investigated to know if some of our National yams are still in their secretariat.
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Agbegilodo: 11:03am On Mar 16, 2017
OKEMKPI:
In Latin" semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit"
In English "The burden of proof is usually on the person who brings a claim in a dispute.

A petition without verifiable proof,exhibit or evidence is nothing but a mere propaganda and blackmail

An exhibit is something,items, object, produced in evidence.
Evidence is something that contributes to knowledge of what happened.
Proof is evidence that is sufficient to demonstrate certainty

What has she tendered in support for her allegations
No passport, no account statement,no medical report,etc
The above mention are within her reach and custody, these will form the basis for investigations. But she is busy asking the police to go check sulieman's manhood.Even her dressing to the press conference tells us more of her intentions. Her so called lawyers don't seem to know better
She does not have to publish those documents at the press conference, if she refuses to provide them to the relevant authorities, then you can start to worry.
With regards to dressing, if she wore Aso Oke then you will start to take her claims seriously. I weep for my people

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Franzinni: 11:03am On Mar 16, 2017
komekn:
David 1810,

He owes allegiance and explanations to God not you.

I am completely indifferent to the allegations, if there has been a misappropriation of funds then there could be case to answer for. However, I doubt this strongly having been a trustee on a few Christian boards well two to be exact. I found the deeds to be very grey and financial policy rules and processes to be vague and far from specific. Giving the Church CEO almost unlimited discretion for decision making where finances are concerned.

On the subject of his alleged infidelity it is of no consequence to me. If he did and he repented it's between him and God and if God forgave David then who am I. If he didn't situation remains the same. Does it retract from the quality of if services he delivers to his members, I do not think so.

80% of Christians do not read there Bibles less study the Bible and even less meditate on the word and shockingly even much much less lead a life dictated by strict scriptural standards. We are in love with Church membership and it's culture norms and values. Essentially we are in relationship with the Church not God. We created idols of men even women.

Finally WHAT CIVIL OR CRIMINAL LAW HAS BEEN BROKEN Makes a great media circus the fact that I am commenting on my day off on this nonsensical discourse makes me question my own sanity.

Oga! Bad is bad.... That man abused his position as a spiritual leader and you think it's not for the people to judge.... When the same Bible say on the last day many fake prophets will claim to be real.... And in regards paying tithes, if you give to your God from your heart but hand the money to a babalawo..... Is that not self deceit!?

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by kingPhilips: 11:05am On Mar 16, 2017
Nigerians are so blinded with religion.
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by poshbrave(m): 11:05am On Mar 16, 2017
Goke7:

abeg leave CAN alone, they are not a law enforcement organisation. Even CAN needs to be investigated to know if some of our National yams are still in their secretariat.
U are a joker big one sound very funny national yam abi
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by shejane: 11:07am On Mar 16, 2017
The otobo girl said that after the conference that Apostle Suleman gave her the offering money and told her this is what he realised today,

So I ask a big church like Omega fire that have account where the offering money goes or they give Apostle Suleman the offering money every day just for him to enjoy.

So how do they pay their workers if Apostle Suleman is the one that keeps the money.

How wil the church survive without money. Nawah
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by FavoredGuy: 11:10am On Mar 16, 2017
ednut1:
e don do na. y cant otobo publish her bank details and passport first na. something might hv happened who knows. bt the way this gal is going about it shows someone is sponsoring her. how will a randy MOG promise u marriage, haba madam wetin u get wey Daniella no get in triple fold. u get only inflated boobs and dry yansh na cheesy grin
Sorry! You are so confused. So if you are the gal, you will publish your bank statement to be cross checked with what, or just for it to be manipulated? I am not trying to defend the gal or the man, but I believe in justice. The writer has said it all and I love this write-up; well balanced. The Punch believes in investigative journalism. I thank the writer for this.
Re: Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters by Goke7: 11:10am On Mar 16, 2017
Firstcitizen:
Apostle go just dey pray make dis matter just die but Nigerians no gree grin grin grin

The matter will surely die off but let's hope his ministry won't, that is the koko, anyone who thinks miracles can make a ministry survive should go back into history and see countless miracle workers who don't work miracles anymore

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. / RCCG Member: I Deliver N2.5m Ransom To My In-law’s Kidnappers / These Ebooks Will Radically Change Your Life Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.