Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,422 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:49 AM

Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode (565 Views)

"Yellow Buses Have No Place in Lagos, They Have to Go" - Ambode / How We Plan To Take Yellow Buses Off Road – Lagos Govt / Ambode Insists On Removing Yellow Buses (Danfo) From Lagos Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by phosky(m): 8:37am On Mar 16, 2017
YELLOW BUSES HAVE NO PLACE IN THE LAGOS WE DREAM OF - GOV. AMBODE
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/03/yellow-buses-have-no-place-in-lagos-we.html

Governor Akinwunmi ambode share on twitter saying this:

We have decided that the Yellow buses have no place in the Lagos we dream of.We'll bring in new buses befitting of a true cosmopolitan City.

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode is currently working hard to turn Lagos to a Mega City and he is still holding on to his word on the ban on the Yellow Bus popularly called (Danfo) .

Re: Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by HungerBAD: 8:37am On Mar 16, 2017
Bam Talk.

3 Likes

Re: Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by SexyNairalander: 8:38am On Mar 16, 2017
booked
Re: Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by WeNoGoDie(m): 9:00am On Mar 16, 2017
There is nothing wrong with the yellow buses in my honest opinion. It'll take ages and a lot of stress to source parts and reliable auto repairers for the said new buses.
Re: Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by temodent(m): 9:19am On Mar 16, 2017
WeNoGoDie:
There is nothing wrong with the yellow buses in my honest opinion. It'll take ages and a lot of stress to source parts and reliable auto repairers for the said new buses.

You really must belong to the old age. You could have as well claim that the Molue and the Bolekajas' should have still been retained =n our roads because. No replacement parts could be source for the blue and red buses.
Re: Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by WeNoGoDie(m): 9:33am On Mar 16, 2017
temodent:

You really must belong to the old age. You could have as well claim that the Molue and the Bolekajas' should have still been retained =n our roads because. No replacement parts could be source for the blue and red buses.

You that belong to a new golden age all by yourself, how's a molue or bolekaja comparable to a danfo bus.

Take the BRT buses as an example,don't you see the delapidated condition of most of them already. Nigerian problem of poor maintainance culture always drowns projects like this after spending billions of taxpayers money.

So if you ask me the danfo buses are doing okay and I'll keep them danfo buses and save the billions till we learn proper lessons in maintainance culture in our bid to westernize everything when we lack the finese of the west.
Re: Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by temodent(m): 9:40am On Mar 16, 2017
WeNoGoDie:

You that belong to a new golden age all byvyourself, how's a molue or bolekaja comparable to a danfo bus.

Take the BRT buses as an example,don't you see the delapidated condition of most of them already. Nigerian problem of poor maintainance culture always drowns projects like this after spending billions of taxpayers money.

So if you ask me the danfo buses are doing okay and I'll keep them danfo buses and save the billions till we learn proper lessons in maintainance culture in our bid to westernize everything when we lack the finese of the west.

You got your points though. But I still disagree with you. You seems to be focusing mainly on the easy maintenance of the Danfo buses but beyond that.s what do you think about their driving culture. That is enough reason to completely take them off the road. Those guys are bastards and nothing more

1 Like

Re: Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by WeNoGoDie(m): 9:45am On Mar 16, 2017
temodent:

You got your points though. But I still disagree with you. You seems to be focusing mainly on the easy maintenance of the Danfo buses but beyond that.s what do you think about their driving culture. That is enough reason to completely take them off the road. Those guys are bastards and nothing more

Who do you think will drive the new buses being proposed.

What do you think about the reckless driving of most BRT drivers.

Search Nairaland and you get news of the many people BRT buses have killed .

You think the new buses will be driven by angels from heaven. I laugh in Chinese.
Re: Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by Oliviaxx(f): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2017
so what will happen to all those drivers and their conductors? alternative employment should be made for them else they'll turn into gentlemen of the highway
Re: Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by eyesoflagostv: 10:36am On Mar 16, 2017
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by Naijiant: 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
Re: Yellow Buses Have No Place In The Lagos We Dream Of - Gov. Ambode by yemmight(m): 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2017
Those guys should work in more rural areas. Run inside Aburo, Ipaja, Ikorodu Inside etc. They don't have any business on the major highways. They are the major problems contributing to Lagos traffic. However, some of them might leave engage in robbery activities to earn leaving but our gallant anti-robbery will wait for them.

(1) (Reply)

CG Customs Uniform / EXCLUSIVE: Magu’s Confirmation! EFCC Secretly Probes Senator Dino Maleye / How Saraki And His Aides Embezzled N3.5B From Paris Club Loan Refunds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.