Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,318 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform (41509 Views)

15 Senators That May Not Return To The Senate In 2019 / 7 Senators That Constitute 'Cabal' In The Senate - NigerianBulletin / Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by Eprolist: 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
stupid
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by oluxy(m): 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
Which one is list of senators?

Are they in pieces without one common goals n known as senator again?
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by Papasmal(m): 3:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
Why is dat majority bearing dis ALLI are controversial,
#Allimodusheriff #Allindume #HammedAlli #BashAlli
WHY?
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by Sly215: 3:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
Why then did he accept the job if he finds the uniform so demeaning and beneath him? His not appearing in the uniform is demoralizing for the officers of NCS. However, I blame the Nigerian Senate for confirming his appointment in the first place.
Is Ali a Custom Officer?
No.
Or you think he will just wake up and sew uniform, manipulate rank and fix on himself?

Who are this people we call Senate?
Where were they wen Buhari picked an outsider to head custom?
Why are they so afraid to do the right thing?

They are just rubbing it off on the innocent Ali.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by GoodMuyis(m): 3:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
wellmax:
I am waiting for Sen David Mark to talk, them I will listen. Not these money miss road, who can't point to any law Ali has contravened.
He is a Rtd Military Officer and knows exactly what Ali is driving at.

You make sense past some people

2 Likes

Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by phobia2002: 3:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
is it because they said so or the law of the land says so, why is this power ego about you must wear uniform. are they lawmakers or commander in chief, they really want retired general of army background to go back in uniform for appointed position. DG of NYSC must appear in nysc uniform next time.

it seem children full this forum
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by 9jatatafo(m): 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
Is the CG boss afraid or ashamed of the uniform?
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by Adiwana: 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
owobokiri:
You know, i dont understand these whole noise about this uniform thing... The guy is a retired army officer. He is not a custom officer. The custom act is there. If it is mandatory that a custom director general must wear uniform, it then means that such a personality must be appointed from the customs hierarchy! But Alli is a retired colonel, a former state administrator whose origin is form the army. He shouldn't have been appointed if the spirits of the custom act were followed to the later...

But in the clannish euphoria that followed APCS Pyrrhic victory, every buharis candidate sent to the senate was told to "bow and go". Irrespective of whatever the constitution said. Thats how we ended up with the president becoming the petroleum minister, an illegality that insults the constitution to no end. . Thats how a cabinet that took six solid months to couple together ended up being flooded with political henchmen and administrative bimbos.

Aside: it seems like the senators are fighting their own battle trying to humiliate the man either because he seldom oils their pals as others in that position did in the past. Alli since his assumption of office has been impoverishing Nigerians with weird custom duties but the senate kept quiet. Now ,all hell is let loose about a mere uniform. Something is fishy..

One of the most intelligents posts i have read on this forum.Thank You
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by thundaFIREmods: 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2017
MY NAME SAYS IT ALL
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by phobia2002: 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
DG NYSC to appear next in nysc uniform.
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by wellmax(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
bedspread:
[b]WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH THEIR NAMES?
HE SHOULD WEAR THE CUSTOM UNIFORM AND STOP ALL THESE NOISE??

DIDNT GOODLUCK JONATHAN PUT ON THE NIGERIAN ARMY UNIFORM AS THE PRESIDENT?? OR MAY BE JONATHAN WOULD HAVE SAID I AM A CIVILIAN!!

Dumb post.

The President is CinC
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by danugochukwu96(m): 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2017
The position of comptroller general is a rank and for commonsense purpose, the colonel should wear his uniform with his rank. For crying out loud, Buhari should call some of his appointees to order..., Nigeria is not banana republic.
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by lamalang(m): 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2017
We have many important issues than Custom boss wearing his uniform, this is clear example of the Senate is full of useless people that help spoil this country
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by bedspread: 4:00pm On Mar 16, 2017
wellmax:

Dumb post.

The President is CinC
U LACK WISDOM!
Wats Ali in the Custom??
RECIEVCE BRAIN I PRAY
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by Ekakamba: 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
One sensible comment outta a thousand. kudos!
owobokiri:
You know, i dont understand these whole noise about this uniform thing... The guy is a retired army officer. He is not a custom officer. The custom act is there. If it is mandatory that a custom director general must wear uniform, it then means that such a personality must be appointed from the customs hierarchy! But Alli is a retired colonel, a former state administrator whose origin is form the army. He shouldn't have been appointed if the spirits of the custom act were followed to the later...

But in the clannish euphoria that followed APCS Pyrrhic victory, every buharis candidate sent to the senate was told to "bow and go". Irrespective of whatever the constitution said. Thats how we ended up with the president becoming the petroleum minister, an illegality that insults the constitution to no end. . Thats how a cabinet that took six solid months to couple together ended up being flooded with political henchmen and administrative bimbos.

Aside: it seems like the senators are fighting their own battle trying to humiliate the man either because he seldom oils their pals as others in that position did in the past. Alli since his assumption of office has been impoverishing Nigerians with weird custom duties but the senate kept quiet. Now ,all hell is let loose about a mere uniform. Something is fishy..
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by bid4rich(m): 4:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
wellmax:
I am waiting for Sen David Mark to talk, them I will listen. Not these money miss road, who can't point to any law Ali has contravened.

is David Mark a saint?
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 16, 2017
the Senate made a mistake when buhari appointed him. they should have kicked against it .why will buhari appoint an outsider to head the customs and he will for whatever reason refuse to put on the uniform , other officers could as well burn theirs, am sure they won't be queried.
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by wellmax(m): 4:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
bid4rich:

is David Mark a saint?
No. He is a high ranking retired military officer and knows what operates in the military.
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by zaydocheme: 4:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
[quote author=phobia2002 post=54649185]is it because they said so or the law of the land says so, why is this power ego about you must wear uniform. are they lawmakers or commander in chief, they really want retired general of army background to go back in uniform for appointed position. DG of NYSC must appear in nysc uniform next time.

it seem children full this forum

IS NYSC A SECURITY ORGANIZATION. WHO BE DIS ONE SEF? IT SEEMS YOU JUST WOKE UP FROM SLUMBER.
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by Rayd502(m): 4:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
wellmax:
Sen Jeremiah Useni is also there...I ve not heard them talking since this 8th Senate began.

1 Like

Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by Nathan2016: 5:05pm On Mar 16, 2017
ALI IF YOU WEAR THAT UNIFORM, YOU Bleep UP..LOL

MENH THIS IS GOOD

atleast we can laugh in this country.

too ,much drama

Saraki now...

Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by salmonkay: 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2017
SENATE Vs CUSTOMS Vs NIGERIAN CITIZENS

This is what senators don't tell Nigerian citizens.
It is on record that during the last regime most of Nigerian law makers don't pay import duty when they import their bullet proof vehicles including their personal belongings of high value which run into billion of Naira in the name of waiver. They deprive the masses for their legitimate rights for monies that would
have been used to provide basic amenities. For instance a senator or house of reps member or minister or an influential person or a person in the position of power will import a porch car or bullet proof vehicle worth of import duty of N175 million and again without End User Certificate and refuse to pay a duty on it. But an average Nigerian would be compelled to pay duty on items or vehicles of lower value imported either through legitimate route or illegal routes. Is this justice ? Now, this trend has been stopped during the present administration of NCS.

2) During the previous regimes of NCS, senators and house of reps members patronize NCS Headquarters to take advantage of seized goods from Nigerian importers especially goods of high value including expensive vehicles and high value containers to get them from NCS free of charge. This trend has also been stopped during Buhari's dispensation under the leadership of the present CGC.

3) NCS is a revenue and law enforcement agency. If fiscal policies are approved by the government it is the responsibility of NCS to enforce the implementation of the policies. Under this regime the policies will be implemented and enforced without fear or favour or exemption as nobody is above the law including the senators.

4) it is on record, that during the former regimes, contracts of NCS were shared between the former customs management and the influential people in the society including the senators. This dubious practices had also been stopped under the leadership of new customs management. Nigerians should not be deceived by the senators thinking that they are protecting their rights. It is obvious that the senators are making efforts to stop the Comptroller General of Customs not to implement the good policies because they have to pay through their noses for those vehicles they import without proper duty. I am optimistic to say that all the noise being made now by the senators is to protect themselves not the Nigerian masses in order not to pay the correct duty on the expensive imports they import as the policy has retrospective effect of which they are mostly affected. A senator may have to pay huge duties that run into 100 of millions or billions of Naira for porshe cars and bullet proof vehicles they imported in the last regime without proper duty. Don't be deceived by the noise of the senators and the campaign against the good policies of government and the denting the image of NCS. The policy currently being implemented is for the good interest of the Nigerian masses and the general public. The senators and influential people must pay those import duties which is meant for the masses. Live long PMB and live long NCS. Pls be wise.
Please share to orientate Nigerians! !! !!!

2 Likes

Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by middlebelter(m): 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kachi188:
Customs is a uniformed organization. If all his subordinates have to wear uniforms everyday, why should he, as head of customs get a pass to be wearing kaftan to work. Imagine the head of army, navy air force, road safety doing that...

This only happens when you start importing people to head important institutions. if a civilian cannot become COAS...why should you bring an outsider to head customs. That is indirectly putting a cap on how high career custom officers can reach, because comptroller general is a rank..

While the man's attitude is provoking all of us to anger, it appears non of us including the Nigerian Senate is directing our anger to the appropriate section. PMB, appears to be completely loosing control of his appointee or so it appears. If his appointee is saying he can't wear the uniform of an organisation he's heading he shouldn't be waiting for the Senate to booth him out. He certainly is not the only one that can transform the Custom Service. The second case is very closely related. How can DSS be writing the Senate not to confirm an appointee of PMB. The first and the second time? Can we really say, PMB is in control of his government or is it a case of incompetence on his part? Was the Director of DSS not also appointed by the same PMB or could he be playing a game with Magu?. #PMBhaslostcontrol#
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by rhektor(m): 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
bedspread:
WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH THEIR NAMES?

DIDNT GOODLUCK JONATHAN PUT ON THE NIGERIAN ARMY UNIFORM AS THE PRESIDENT?? OR MAY BE JONATHAN WOULD HAVE SAID I AM A CIVILIAN!!

His life his problem.
Besides, Jonathan was a C in C , not just a civilian
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by jboycrb(m): 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
chinybelle:
Funny Clowns

Is Ali a Custom Officer?
No.
Or you think he will just wake up and sew uniform, manipulate rank and fix on himself?

Who are this people we call Senate?
Where were they wen Buhari picked an outsider to head custom?
Why are they so afraid to do the right thing?

They are just rubbing it off on the innocent Ali.

Abeg, Help me ask dem. Why cant dey force Magu to wear Efcc jacket?

Dis thieves are just attacking anyone fighting corruption in the country. Eg... Alli, Magu etc
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by yazach: 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
When Nigerians ask them to declare their assets, they refused, that is what happens when you refused to do the right thing
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by nwaiwucharles(m): 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hey mek una go tel all dis senate mek dem go cal dat ali 4 me mek i settle dis case for dem once and 4 all
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by bedspread: 7:02pm On Mar 16, 2017
rhektor:

His life his problem.
Besides, Jonathan was a C in C , not just a civilian
Ali WAS BROUGHT IN DER AS THE NIGERIAN CUSTOMS C-in-C. He is bound to appear in their uniform. The Custom is a Para-Military organization
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by Ovamboland(m): 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2017
bedspread:
WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH THEIR NAMES?

And did anyone dictate to Jonathan when to wear uniform or not?
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by ndcide(m): 8:03pm On Mar 16, 2017
Skhibanj1015:
I am not against him wearing or not wearing but as a nation, is that the most serious issue at hand that our so called senators can be seating for? I don't just understand the bunch of guys at the upper chamber.
The worst thing that has happened to us as a nation in this democratic era is governor's forum. They have been seeing themselves as above the law. Leaving government houses to the upper chamber has been their ambitions. This is not good for our democracy.

What isn't important. All the attacks on the legislators is simply self induced perception. Not just with this issue. In several others. I sometimes see it as an attempt to unnecessarily protect the executive.

The CG of customs is not political. Buhari politicised it by insisting an outsider be made CG. If that man can't identify with the organisation in uniform, he should resign. CG position is not a sole administrator position.

If he thinks he can't be politically forced out of that position, he and those who think so, are naive.

The man is not doing anything special. In fact he is a loner in a highly syndicated organisation.

We know the excuse, he is fighting corruption abi? Go to customs office and see for yourself.

I won't forget the stale one " corruption is fighting back"
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by rhektor(m): 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
bedspread:
Ali WAS BROUGHT IN DER AS THE NIGERIAN CUSTOMS C-in-C. He is bound to appear in their uniform. The Custom is a Para-Military organization

Adongerritt
C-in-C of what?
Re: List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform by bid4rich(m): 8:58pm On Mar 16, 2017
wellmax:

No. He is a high ranking retired military officer and knows what operates in the military.

My problem with him is that he has done nothing in terms of infrastructural development in his home town Otukpo, yet he was two time senate president. If what he knows how to do best is politics without something tangible his people can lay hold on, then, he is a failed politician irrespective of his military background

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Rocks Military Camouflage (photos) / Men Of Power: Nigeria’s Most Influential Power Brokers / Miriam Keyamo Weds Desmond Ike (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.