Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha (10125 Views)

Sierra Leone Government Patronises Innoson Vehicles In Anambra State (Pictures) / How Does A Speed Limiter Device Work??? / Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by Ogologomadu: 7:50am On Mar 17, 2017
Inpound cars wen there is no road.only in igbo land this will happen. Why must dey start from igbo land
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by Edijana2015(m): 8:09am On Mar 17, 2017
Please I don't know how to let the public know that the speed limiter is just a tracking device that does not regulate or control the speed limit of the truck.

There is what we call speed lock, it has to do with programming (locking) the required speed of the truck to the ECM (brainbox) of the truck.

For instance, if you lock the speed of the truck at 75Km/h to the ECM, it simply means that the truck can never run above that speed limit even when you engage the maximum gear, and depress the gas pedal to maximum.

But with speed limiter, you can still exceed that limit. So I don't see a need for it.

Please contact me via my email uviesherheokiemute@yahoo.com if you want to lock the speed of your truck.
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by incredibleace(m): 8:21am On Mar 17, 2017
for your speed limiting device, Anywhere un Nigeria......call 08036473590
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by NaWetinDey(m): 8:27am On Mar 17, 2017
Overzealous nmorons. It's Igboland that they want to start their evil government policies. Anyways, all the calculated efforts to make us second class citizens has a permanent end in failure.

By the way, how much is a speed limiter?
Did the government subsidize it?
Shouldn't the frsc be the one to mount stationary speed checker instead of driving poor families into harsher times by enforcing the buying of speed limiters?
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by Nuel25846(m): 8:47am On Mar 17, 2017
ProDNA:
Paternity DNA tests for your peace of mind.
I wanna help u look for clients...hope I get some commission.
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by buchilino(m): 9:03am On Mar 17, 2017
newyorks:
serves them right.i don't mind doing 80km/h provided i reach my destination scutch free.

I DARE FRSC TO TRY DIS NONSENSE AT KANO OR SOKOTO, DEY WILL C WAT WILL HAPPEN TO DEM. COS D NO IGBOS DON'T CARRY DAGGERS WEN TRAVELING, DATS Y DEY R PLAYING GODS.
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by Aadeyinka(m): 9:33am On Mar 17, 2017
ayod426:
By Linkon Brown

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) on Thursday impounded no fewer than 20 commercial vehicles during a special operation in Onitsha, the commercial city of Anambra, for failure to install speed limiting device.

The operation was tagged in Igbo language as “Operation Anyi Ekwerego na Speed Limiting Device”, meaning: “We have accepted Speed Limiting Device”.

The FRSC Unit Commander in Onitsha, Mr Paulinus Akpotobo, said the exercise was part of activities of the command to reduce speeding by drivers in the state.

Akpotobo said that the command apprehended a total of 30 persons for 32 offences, including number plate violation, seat belt violation, dangerous driving and operating with forged documents.

The unit commander, who enlightened some passengers and drivers of the impounded vehicles, said the FRSC was concerned about the safety of lives on Nigerian roads.

“We have recorded appreciable compliance in the speed limiter campaign as transport companies are complying to install the device.

“Our duty is to ensure your safety any time you are on the road and to continue to enlighten you to do the needful.

”Akpotobo expressed worry that some drivers uninstall the speed limiters. He, therefore, warned that the FRSC would not hesitate to prosecute such offenders.Responding, a commercial driver, Mr John Emecheta, who spoke on behalf of other drivers, commended the FRSC for their good works.He promised that the drivers would ensure compliance by installing the device in their vehicles.

CC: Seun, Lalasticlala,Mymd44

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/speed-limiter-frsc-impounds-20-vehicles-onitsha/

about speed limit device FRSC / FG should leave it aside until all bad roads are fixed first, most accident in Nigeria are caused by bad roads evenbody knew
Speed Device is just a system to milk citizens and enrich themselves now with bad roads all over

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by gloryman91: 10:34am On Mar 17, 2017
Install your speedlimiter.

Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by thenny312(m): 10:58am On Mar 17, 2017
Nuel25846:

u still dey use dat number for watsapp ne
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by upuphim(m): 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
Must car owners continue to suffer persecution in this country. Customs demand duty payment, FRSC speed limiters, Council ununiformed amount for LG papers, LASG N500 for Radio tax. All these on top of bad roads. God help us.
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by okewumi: 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
Government has to review the speed limit policy because Government are just enriching the pocket of road safety officials. Our office Toyota Tundra (2015model) has commercial plate number and the road safety guys stopped us requesting for speed limit. We explain this is not public bus, it an office car with public number. If thief are running after the car, how are we going to run away if speed limit is installed? FRSC guy could not answer. They stopped more than 10 hilux and we have to settle them before they free us. Government has to review the policy, if not this people will turn everybody to ATM.
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by mecussey(m): 2:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
Donprayer:
Na waoo fear nor dey let me drive for my area again, VIO, fcsc, new okowa boys, police, SARS etc

lol...which area be that...? The thing don too much sha. Even if everything complete for your vehicle, they go still find fault. i dey reason helicopter or drone to dey use dey waka
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by ayodot(m): 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2017
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by ProDNA: 11:24am On Mar 18, 2017
Nuel25846:

Why not...you can call me on the etisalat line and we'll discuss terms...
Re: Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha by ProDNA: 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2017
kaffy4tope:

How much?

Please do call us. You can call the etisalat line to contact me directly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? / Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? / What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.