Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,504 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Where Do I Belong In Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Do I Belong In Life (802 Views)

Which Income Level Do You Belong? / Sometimes The Place You Are Used To Is Not Where You Belong - Joshua Udom / Know Where You Belong Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do I Belong In Life by marvelyly(m): 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
[b]in life something that is important is knowing where you belong life is not all about sleeping eating and drinking going to parties is not bad but knowing where you belong to in life is far more better what is really happening to our youths in this present generation is allowing their youthful life denying them of where they belong in life there are so many bricklayers that are suppose to be CEO but the fact here is that they fail to know where they belonged to know this everybody is destined for the top but so many people the top is made only for some people nooooo it was made for everybody and that is were you belong to but it does not just happen once and you find yourself at the top it goes with a lot of hardworking and a very firm decision of course above all God this is were many people scare away from getting to the top at the sacrifice that hard work demand but to be sincere the sacrifices you make would not be felt if you have a firm decision no matter what you face in life let your decision be firm that would make your rough ride in life to seem as fun but never forget God I hope this three points would help you locate were you belong to in life [/b]
Re: Where Do I Belong In Life by benjanjo1: 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
hmmm...
Re: Where Do I Belong In Life by OkaforGeorge(m): 11:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
PLEASE I need matured suggestions to help me make a Vital Life Decision.

I am a guy of 21 years old, I know that in life, the worst risk is not taking any risk at all. I made out 3 things that I want to do in life. ➀ A medical laboratory science graduate, ➁ A professional footballer and ➂ A musician. Those are my Plan A-C.. TRUST ME, that number 3 is what they don't want to hear (My parents). I've been practicing in all aspects, studying, training for my soccer and doing my songs.. Now i'm about to write 2017 JAMB.
My parents are civil servants. My mom a nurse and my dad an Electrical Engineer... We are neither rich nor poor, but I know that IF ranked, we should be somewhere in 3rd class or 4th class Nigeria Citizens. My parents, don't want to hear that I love music, MAYBE because my uncle (Dad's brother) ventured into High-life music and didn't make it and they believe Hip-hop Artistes are useless too. Owing to that, I'm left with no one to sponsor and support me, Musically.
Recently, I thought maybe, in fact I made up my mind and told my friend that cuts palm tree fruits i.e (Igbu akwu) in Igbo that I want to be following him to work and be getting small money to sponsor my musical career, he agreed. I happily told my senior brother and to my greatest surprise, he didn't buy the idea. He says that it may bring bad luck upon me. I told him to explain well to me but he didn't want to. The next thing he did was to tell our dad about my cutting palm tree idea not of the music though.
My dad called me and wanted to speak about the topic but I wasn't interested. The next thing he said was "Anokata ina ako ka onye egbuwalu isi" (Sometimes, you'll be talking like someone that is not thinking straight) in English.
I still want to carry on with the idea but now i'm having mixed feelings or double mind because it didn't turn out the way I expected, I was expecting a "Kudos! son! or bro! you've got a hustling spirit" but no one is encouraging me.
Please, what should I do? Carry on? or Listen to them and stop?
Re: Where Do I Belong In Life by marvelyly(m): 6:17am On Mar 17, 2017
guy what I see in your story is passion for your dreams but in life things are done sequentially forget about music for now focus on how to pass jamb read as if your life depends on it let me be Frank with you music is a very nice career including football but you a lot of cash and connection to make which from your story line I do not think you have purse your educational dreams and take this rest of your dreams at lower hands

1 Like

Re: Where Do I Belong In Life by ochendo809(m): 7:41am On Mar 19, 2017
OkaforGeorge:
PLEASE I need matured suggestions to help me make a Vital Life Decision.

I am a guy of 21 years old, I know that in life, the worst risk is not taking any risk at all. I made out 3 things that I want to do in life. ➀ A medical laboratory science graduate, ➁ A professional footballer and ➂ A musician. Those are my Plan A-C.. TRUST ME, that number 3 is what they don't want to hear (My parents). I've been practicing in all aspects, studying, training for my soccer and doing my songs.. Now i'm about to write 2017 JAMB.
My parents are civil servants. My mom a nurse and my dad an Electrical Engineer... We are neither rich nor poor, but I know that IF ranked, we should be somewhere in 3rd class or 4th class Nigeria Citizens. My parents, don't want to hear that I love music, MAYBE because my uncle (Dad's brother) ventured into High-life music and didn't make it and they believe Hip-hop Artistes are useless too. Owing to that, I'm left with no one to sponsor and support me, Musically.
Recently, I thought maybe, in fact I made up my mind and told my friend that cuts palm tree fruits i.e (Igbu akwu) in Igbo that I want to be following him to work and be getting small money to sponsor my musical career, he agreed. I happily told my senior brother and to my greatest surprise, he didn't buy the idea. He says that it may bring bad luck upon me. I told him to explain well to me but he didn't want to. The next thing he did was to tell our dad about my cutting palm tree idea not of the music though.
My dad called me and wanted to speak about the topic but I wasn't interested. The next thing he said was "Anokata ina ako ka onye egbuwalu isi" (Sometimes, you'll be talking like someone that is not thinking straight) in English.
I still want to carry on with the idea but now i'm having mixed feelings or double mind because it didn't turn out the way I expected, I was expecting a "Kudos! son! or bro! you've got a hustling spirit" but no one is encouraging me.
Please, what should I do? Carry on? or Listen to them and stop?

my brother, focus on your education. That's of utmost priority compared to music and football. you can continue with that after schooling.
Re: Where Do I Belong In Life by Laird(m): 11:08am On Mar 19, 2017
Let Me talk to You Bro. I am a MedicalDoctor who did a Music 12 track album in my 400 Level Clinicals. I suffered like a thief and almost died. Gave my music to people and celebrities. For where. Without videos and airplay which cost money, no way and the video and airplay do not guarantee You succeas
Forget the Fake false glamour You see on TV, Music is very hard and expensive. A good track might cost You 60000 now to make beat, record, mix and master well.
Let's say You spend almost a million naira making a solid 12 track album. You now plan to make 5 videos and promote 5 singles from the album on radio, TV stations and online.
A good video will cost You 1.5 -2 million naira. No TV station will give poor quality videos sufficient airplay. That's 5 videos 10 million naira. You need to bribe/ sort music radio station DJs and on air personalities. You might need 2-3 million for this and You still have to budget money to settle the TV station people.

So budget 15 million naira. After that ,You have to pray and hope that people call You for shows of which Your 15 million naira budget/ investment is not a guarantee that People must call You for shows.
Naija economy is not stable now so most Companies are not endorsing Upcoming acts/ Paying upcoming acts for shows.

Thank God I didn't drop out of School. Many people might promise to sign You and invest in Your career but will disappoint You. I have been there.

My personal plan I am now a graduate and now working is to immigrate, Make money through my profession and later use part of My foreign earnings to invest in My music career if I am still interested. Jay Z, 2Chainz,Pharell are over or almost 40/and still making music.

Don't waste Your money doing and promoting One video and one single. The song might not get popular and the money gets wasted.

When KCEE left KcPresh, Kc released like 5 videos before LImpopo was the break out single that blew up. You see 5 videos before he got the Winner. What if He budgeted nd gambled and did only one video and song and the video and so gdid not pick, he would b broke and out of funds.

Music is Capital Intensive and High Risk. 50 CENTS SPENT 2 MILLION DOLLARS ON OLIVIA'S MUSIC CAREER AND DID NOT RECOVER/ RECOUP HIS INVESTMENT. Make money first then do Music as a side hustle. Davido, NaetoC, Dbanj are from Rich Families. Tuface and Wizkid got lucky of which millions of people won't like the Chance of one person winning the Lottery out of Millions of people.

So work and make money , when You make money...from a part of Your earnings You can afford to lose, invest in Your Music career
Re: Where Do I Belong In Life by OkaforGeorge(m): 8:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
Laird:
Let Me talk to You Bro. I am a MedicalDoctor who did a Music 12 track album in my 400 Level Clinicals. I suffered like a thief and almost died. Gave my music to people and celebrities. For where. Without videos and airplay which cost money, no way and the video and airplay do not guarantee You succeas
Forget the Fake false glamour You see on TV, Music is very hard and expensive. A good track might cost You 60000 now to make beat, record, mix and master well.
Let's say You spend almost a million naira making a solid 12 track album. You now plan to make 5 videos and promote 5 singles from the album on radio, TV stations and online.
A good video will cost You 1.5 -2 million naira. No TV station will give poor quality videos sufficient airplay. That's 5 videos 10 million naira. You need to bribe/ sort music radio station DJs and on air personalities. You might need 2-3 million for this and You still have to budget money to settle the TV station people.

So budget 15 million naira. After that ,You have to pray and hope that people call You for shows of which Your 15 million naira budget/ investment is not a guarantee that People must call You for shows.
Naija economy is not stable now so most Companies are not endorsing Upcoming acts/ Paying upcoming acts for shows.

Thank God I didn't drop out of School. Many people might promise to sign You and invest in Your career but will disappoint You. I have been there.

My personal plan I am now a graduate and now working is to immigrate, Make money through my profession and later use part of My foreign earnings to invest in My music career if I am still interested. Jay Z, 2Chainz,Pharell are over or almost 40/and still making music.

Don't waste Your money doing and promoting One video and one single. The song might not get popular and the money gets wasted.

When KCEE left KcPresh, Kc released like 5 videos before LImpopo was the break out single that blew up. You see 5 videos before he got the Winner. What if He budgeted nd gambled and did only one video and song and the video and so gdid not pick, he would b broke and out of funds.

Music is Capital Intensive and High Risk. 50 CENTS SPENT 2 MILLION DOLLARS ON OLIVIA'S MUSIC CAREER AND DID NOT RECOVER/ RECOUP HIS INVESTMENT. Make money first then do Music as a side hustle. Davido, NaetoC, Dbanj are from Rich Families. Tuface and Wizkid got lucky of which millions of people won't like the Chance of one person winning the Lottery out of Millions of people.

So work and make money , when You make money...from a part of Your earnings You can afford to lose, invest in Your Music career
Thank you very much my friend, I really love your advise and appreciate... i'll look into it.
Re: Where Do I Belong In Life by OkaforGeorge(m): 8:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
ochendo809:

my brother, focus on your education. That's of utmost priority compared to music and football. you can continue with that after schooling.

Thank you man. what about the igbu akwu? is there anything wrong with it?

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Go For? / Make Money On Telegram With This Easy Step / What Is The Best Online Writing Service To Get Better Academic Results?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.