Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,272 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. (6484 Views)

Buhari Sacks 2,000 University Workers - Punch / Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Access Bank Sacks 1,500 Intercontinental Employees, Shuts Branches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by Finecat(m): 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2009
When i predicted this late last year, most of the big mouth bank workers on this forum began to call me names. Well i got more news for you, intercontinental bank will not be around by this time next year. The bank is not making any money and they are paying billions out in operational cost, do your math. How many businesses do you know that last without making any money? I really feel bad for the bank workers' famillies, but it may be a blessing in disguise for these guys. If i was living in London and run into Erastus Akingbola, he will be in an hospital emergency room when i get finished with him. I think Nigerian youths has to take their destiny into their own hands and make examples out of these bastards that got us into this mess.
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by igeluma: 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2009
This is bad for our economy,the umployment rate is rising every year,the already figure in the labour market is alarming.
I really sympatise with those who are affected.Please try other business with the little stipend you received as entitlement,
You can try on line business on the net, my blog on the net will help u to start a new life.
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by dfanthom(m): 3:04pm On Dec 21, 2009
very sadd & precarious! see how fast our dear country is degenerating.

just a matter of time before the bubble burts into our faces. had friends that were affected & gosh nobody knows who's next!

God will continue to see us thro'!!
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by chisomquee: 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2009
O MY GOD, BITTER XMAS FOR MY PEOPLE

TO THOSE AFFECTED, THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGTH.
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by keba(m): 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2009
What a way to spend xmas in these hard times
So sorry for those affected cry cry
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by dadde(m): 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2009
I think all the folks affectd should form a forum and make their point known to the national assembly.this might not produce an immediate result bt it ll reduce recurrents.

God ll c u tru.
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by Wrex(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2009
The same thing is happening here at oceanic bank, so many people are getting laid off, the format is if you cannot log in,you are sacked.Everybody is afraid "cos nobody knows who is next, this is really sad, i feel sorry for this country, so many people losing there jobs,unemployment rate on the increase, all those fools at the corridor of power should be hanged and sanusi lamido beheaded, those guys are not human
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by odedele: 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2009
good talk.i guess the time 4 youth revolution is now
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by dancewith: 6:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
I hear the same thing is going on at Oceanic. How true is this. Just got a call from a friend who seems sure??
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by Wrex(m): 6:30pm On Dec 21, 2009
it is true my friend, a lot of people got laid off at my branch this morning
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by GEW: 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
Wrex:

it is true my friend, a lot of people got laid off at my branch this morning
did they off load the hookers or what? majority of the banks are over staffed bros
Wrex:

The same thing is happening here at oceanic bank, so many people are getting laid off, [size=18pt]the format is if you cannot log in,you are sacked.Everybody is afraid[/size] "cos nobody knows who is next, this is really sad, i feel sorry for this country, so many people losing there jobs,unemployment rate on the increase, all those fools at the corridor of power should be hanged and sanusi lamido beheaded, those guys are not human
nigerians are cruel. what a way to sack someone
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by Remii(m): 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2009
Guys, these are not best of times for Nigerian bankers check this link: http://www.proshareng.com/news/singleNews.php?id=8312
5000 more may go before YEAR2009 is concluded. shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry angry sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by jesunimofe: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2009
Its really sad that people have to lose their jobs at this time of the year. However, i think its a blessing in disguise, i advise all those affected to look inwards and start some biz that gives them pleasure. I have done it, so i speak from experience. It will be worth your while and you will eventually thank those who sacked u. Good luck
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 21, 2009
Finecat:

When i predicted this late last year, most of the big mouth bank workers on this forum began to call me names. Well i got more news for you, intercontinental bank will not be around by this time next year. The bank is not making any money and they are paying billions out in operational cost, do your math. How many businesses do you know that last without making any money? I really feel bad for the bank workers' famillies, but it may be a blessing in disguise for these guys. If i was living in London and run into Erastus Akingbola, he will be in an hospital emergency room when i get finished with him. I think Nigerian youths has to take their destiny into their own hands and make examples out of these bastards that got us into this mess.

Why are you shifting the post now? You predicted that IBPLC would not live till December 2009 or you want me to dig up the post? Suddenly, it is 'this time next year' now.

Get some credibility, young man!
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by youngmonie: 12:23am On Dec 22, 2009
This is what happens when the cost of certian decisions are not taken into considerationn, like dat wch sanusi took, dr better ways to reform the banking sector that would affect the stakeholders nd potential investorss!!!, this is just one of the costss, more still to commeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2009
I had always been afraid for the Nigerian banking Industry.

Especially because they are the highest employer of labor next to the Federal government.

And it was clear those banks didn't understand what they were doing,

A lot of bank workers were too relaxed on their lives and seeming fat pay,

Now,this is already belated!

To my affected friends,stand Up and all hope is not lost!

Stand tall and stand high!

take time to think and retreat!

in every frustrations, trust me, the best is always embedded,

i really feel you all,

its just time to re-strategize!
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by mamagee3(f): 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2009
Nigerian Banks are turning into something else. tongue
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by stalliontp(m): 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2009
i never felt comfortable throughout my stint working in a couple of the banks, there is this sense of job insecurity all the time, they can let you go in a blink of an eye and i never even saw this coming, it's really sad and i hope and pray that most of the affected people would have a plan B. Its not the end of the world guys rather it may be an awakening to activating other dormant potentials that we all have.
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by Kwarafact: 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2009
In a country where there is no president, anything can Happen
where there is no law, there is no crime.
No president to conterplate the menace this may cause, I am scared of Nigeria far more than before becacause you don't know what those guyz will become , hope not, armed ro, ?

Guyz you see say as you dey frown on counter when you dey discharge your duty no be the best. you for know you for dey smile take use your head make better money. i sympatise with you all thouh.

No give up. see it as a stepping stone
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by mayblossom(f): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO MY FELLOW PEOPLE THAT ARE AFFECTED, PLEASE TAKE UP A TRADE, OR SERVICE PROVIDER. IS NOT OVER
IF IGBO PEOPLE COULD SURVIVE WITH 20 POUNDS AFTER THE CIVIL WAR , THERE IS HOPE

gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by rubu: 2:55am On Dec 26, 2009
For those affected and even the ones that are still working, if you have some access to the Internet, you could startup an online buying and selling business. Infact, you don't even need to buy a product before you can start selling. Just take pictures of what someone else is selling in a physical store or warehouse and use that as your middleman product and resell to Internet users. Nigerian websites like nairalist.com, postwagon.com, tokumbo.com.ng are some of the sites out there that you could display your pictures. Just startup something and you will definitely see results.
I wish you all the best. God will see you through.
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by newdawn09(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2009
The best antidote to prevent being made jobless unceremoniously as being shown by Banks like ICB and UBA is to be an entrepreneur.This way you will be able to take your destiny in your hands.
Re: Big Wahala, UBA Sacks 2,000 & Intercontinental Sacks 1,500 1 Week B/4 Xmas. by whiteroses(f): 1:36am On Feb 09, 2010
its every job. My Dad got a retirement letter immediately after he finished his PhD, the poor man thought he'd be the oga patapata for the university one day, but cos there's not much funding and there's job scarcity in nigeria, people over 50 had to retire so the fresh graduate will come in and not be made redundant on the street. But he'll do something tangible with his PhD by Gods grace (Amin)

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Electric(ge) Is Shortlisting / Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland / 10 Rules For Workplace Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.