Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's (11364 Views)

*2018/2019 Waec Specimens For Chemistry, Physics And Others* *get In Here* / WAEC Physics Practical 2017 Specimens / About & History of West African Examinations Council (WAEC) - 2017/2018/2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by Benosky1(m): 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
*WAEC 2017/2018 SPECIMENS*

*Biology Specimens*

GROUP I
A- Winged termite
B- Maggot
C- Adult butterfly with open wings
D- Caterpillar
E- Grasshopper
F- Carrot with leaves attached
G- Irish potato
H- Adult mosquito
J- Adult cockroach

Group II
K- Euphorbia
L- Crab
M- Cat fish
N -Periwinkle in its shell
P- Shell of a land snail

GROUP III
Q- Housefly
R- Earthworm
S- Cross section of unripe mango fruit
T- Cross section of tomato fruit
NB: Specimen K,L,M,N,P are peculiar to candidates in Ghana only and should not be provided to for candidate in Nigeria, Sierra Leone and The Gambia +2348154766482

*Agricultural Science Specimens*

A: sandy soil
B: loamy soil
C: clayey soil
D: granite
E: NPK 15 : 15 (labelled)
F: wood ash (unsieved)
G: limestone (labelled)
H: cow dung
I: wheelbarraw
J; file
K: palm oil
L: cotton lint
M: liverfluke
N: tick
O: feather
P: apid (live/preserved,diagram,photograph)
Q: cowpea seeds
R: coconut fruit
S: tridax
T: chicken
U: tilapia fish

*Normal Chemistry practical materials,Reagents,apparatuses.*

=================
A. One burrete of 50cm³ capacity
B. One pipette, either 20cm³ or 25cm³. All candidate at one center must use pipettes of the same volume. These should be clean and free from grease
C. The usual apparatus for titration
D. The usual apparatus and reagents for qualitative work including the following with all reagents appropriately labelled
I) red and blue litmus paper
Ii) aqueous ammonia
Iii) dilute hydrochloric acid
Iv) dilute sodium hydroxide solution
V) barium chloride solution
Vi) dilute trioxinitrate (V) acid
Vii) silver trioxonitrate (V) solution
Viii) lime water
E. Glass rod
F. Filtration apparatus
G. Spatula
H. Two boiling tubes
I. Four test tubes
J. Methyl orange indicator
K. Wash bottle containing distilled/deionized water
L. Mathematical table/calculator..

*PHYSICS*
==========================
Question1
Two Retort stand;
Two metre rule;
Pieces of thread;
Stop watch.
==============================
Question2
Beaker(0➖500cm^3);
Water;
Measuring cylinder(250cm^3);
Thermometer(0➖200°C);
Stirrer;
Tripod stand with wire gauze;
Bunsen burner/ source of heart;
Stop watch/clock;
Table salt/common salt 50g
Note: The table salt should be available in 10g × 5 places for each candidate. Otherwise, am electronic balance should be provided
=========================
Question3
Two dry cells of 1.5v each;
Plug key;
Potentiometer;
Ammeter(0➖5 A);
Voltmeter(0➖5 v) ;
Jockey;
Small bulb(Torch light);
Ten connecting wire.I

Source: http://www.guruslodge.com/threads/live-wae-questions-and-answers-2017-2018.120075/page-5#post-1062093
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by gritzky: 8:19pm On Mar 16, 2017
Nestle Nig. Plc 2017 Cbt Contest for Students.

Registration is ongoing for the Nestle 2017 cbt contest, for secondary and tertiary students above the age of 16.
The scholarship is aimed at rewarding successful candidates with cash worth of 80,000 to 200,000.
This is the maiden edition and Nestle Nig. Plc is ready to reward hardworking and dedicated students.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Applicants must be Nigerians, between the age of 16-28
2. First stage: applicants are to write a short essay on the topic 'Do you agree that educated people are more valuable than people who have learned skills through experience in modern society.
3. Applicants are to send their essay to nestlecbt@gmail.com stating their names,mobile number, age,address and preferred state to write CBT examination if selected.
4. Upon submission, a confirmatory will be sent to applicant.
5. On 3rd of April, successful
applicants will be notified and sent their centres for CBT examination in their preferred state.
6. Only eligible applicants that have received their centres, will be requested to pay a sum of #1000 naira and bring teller to center on day of examination (note only those with teller will be allowed to take the exam)
7. Applicants will be tested on use of English, further maths and logic ranging 100 questions
8. Candidates that score above 80 will be rewarded with #200,000 naira and those that score 60-79 will be rewarded with #80,000 NOTE
1. Deadline for submission of essay is April 1st
2. April 3rd applicants eligible to take test will be notified.
3. Centres for CBT exam will be available across the 36 states of the nation.
4. Date of CBT exam is April 19th-21st
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by Dunsin89(m): 8:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
Nice one. With these, a fully prepared candidate who want to study Medicine and surgery or any medical course in any Nigerian university should be able to have "As" in the O'level grades.
For more on how to have good grades in WASSCE/SSCE. Call 08037737245.
The easiest and the best University to study MBBS in Nigeria, see here http://nairaland.com/3678596
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by CRITICALANALYST: 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
The practical physics specimen 3 is a bit strange! Can anybody help? I've not done any experiment on potentiometer with torch light or small bulb. U can share ur idea on it please.
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by ComradeTY(m): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2017
CRITICALANALYST:
The practical physics specimen 3 is a bit strange! Can anybody help? I've not done any experiment on potentiometer with torch light or small bulb. U can share ur idea on it please.
What about specimen 2?
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by Gentlelord(m): 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
ComradeTY:

What about specimen 2?
I believe 2 is about heat energy, determination of specific heat capacities and the likes
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by saintdeby(m): 4:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
likely questions are physics practicals 2009 number 1 and 2, 2011 number 3
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by Boc007(m): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
Number one is more like Simple Harmonic Motion while number two is the effect of impurity on boiling point of water.
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by Benosky1(m): 4:04am On Mar 23, 2017
ok
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by Benosky1(m): 4:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
FISHERY ANSWERS

2a)
i)do not transport brood stock in bad water
ii)do not rough handle brood sock
iii)disinfect brood stock before allowing them into your hatchery,or brood stock pond
iv)do not transport brood stock in a crowded condition
2b)
i)digging out pit
ii)constructing manual barriers
iii)disinfecting the water
iv)getting water supply
v)cult
vi)trenching the pond
2ci)
high temperature increases the hotnesss of water and reduce water oxygen
2cii)
high turbidity reduces the intensity of light
Getting into the fish pond
2ciii)
low dissolve oxygen causes many difects in fish which include asphyxiation,low food intake
2d)
i)use of hook and line
ii)use of scoop net
==================================
3a)
i)Agricultural limestone
ii)Basic slag
iii)Laked lime
iv) Quick lime
v) Liquid lime
5a)
Cannibalism in fish is the act or practices aming fishes eating the fish or internal organs of other fishes
5aii)
i)by sorting
ii)proper stocking of fishies to avoid overcerian
5b)
i)reducing fish losses through cannibalism;
ii)improving supplementary feeding efficiency through adequate food ration;
iii)increasing the accuracy of stock estimates for monitoring
5c)
i)ocean
ii)river
iii)streams
iv)dams
5di)
Latency period is the period between the exposure and infection of disease
5dii)
gravid fish are female fishes producing eggsv)boreholes
4a)
Aquaculture refers to the breeding, rearing, and harvesting of plants and animals in all types of water environments including ponds, rivers, lakes, and the ocean.
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by Benosky1(m): 12:26am On Mar 24, 2017
k
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by adexyz91(m): 5:16am On Mar 31, 2017
How can one carry out the practical for number 1? What's the essence of 2 meter rule please?
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by adexyz91(m): 5:20am On Mar 31, 2017
Number 3 too, explain. Anyone, thanks
Re: Waec 2017/2018 Specimens For All West African Country's by kento619: 5:45am On Apr 05, 2017

(1) (Reply)

5 Dead In Moshood Abiola Polythecnic Cult Clash / Steps On How To Apply Nlng Industrial Training Siwes Programme(sharethis) / Only Accredited Centres Can Register Jamb 2012 Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.