Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Why Aren't Sports Men Allowed To Take Drugs? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Aren't Sports Men Allowed To Take Drugs? (562 Views)

When Is The Right Time To Take Drugs: Before, After Or With Meal? / Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria / My Child Doesn't Take Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't Sports Men Allowed To Take Drugs? by michaelo2(m): 6:58am On Mar 17, 2017
Good Morning Nairalanders, the question 'why is that sportsmen can't take drugs that increases their performances'? its their life, so whats the sport body angle on it, my own opinion free them if you know you can use, use it.

What's Your Say?
Re: Why Aren't Sports Men Allowed To Take Drugs? by Gmajor(m): 7:11am On Mar 17, 2017
why ain't students allowed to carry text books into the exam hall?

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Sports Men Allowed To Take Drugs? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:12am On Mar 17, 2017
@Gmajor, you gave a perfect answer.

Have you not heard about performance enhancement drugs? They literally mean drugs taken to enhance one's performance on the field of play. Sport in its true sense of nature is a fair game and so all its participants should be in their conditioned (peak performance) state without any external force(drugs). A sportman caught doping is as good as a cheat.

But some sports like professional body-building encourages "polypharmacy". They take steroids, fat-burners, growth-hormones and the likes. Because the sport looks out for size, vascularity,lowbodyfat percentage muscle density as well as symmetry and these cannot be achieved naturally.
Re: Why Aren't Sports Men Allowed To Take Drugs? by michaelo2(m): 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2017
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
@Gmajor, you gave a perfect answer.

Have you not heard about performance enhancement drugs? They literally mean drugs taken to enhance one's performance on the field of play. Sport in its true sense of nature is a fair game and so all its participants should be in their conditioned (peak performance) state without any external force(drugs). A sportman caught doping is as good as a cheat.

But some sports like professional body-building encourages "polypharmacy". They take steroids, fat-burners, growth-hormones and the likes. Because the sport looks out for size, vascularity,lowbodyfat percentage muscle density as well as symmetry and these cannot be achieved naturally.
to make it fair why not let all sports men take it
like open textbook exam
Re: Why Aren't Sports Men Allowed To Take Drugs? by michaelo2(m): 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
Gmajor:
why ain't students allowed to carry text books into the exam hall?
sir have you heard of open text book test or exam
Re: Why Aren't Sports Men Allowed To Take Drugs? by Gmajor(m): 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
michaelo2:

sir have you heard of open text book test or exam
I don't think there's anything like an open book exam.
Moreover, you are looking at this issue like a cigarette— the smoker is only hurting himself so why bother. Whereas doping gives unfair advantage making it a form of cheating.
If you tell athletes to use drugs where will you draw the line? All dopes ain't created equal, some are more powerful than others.
Giving athletes the power to dope will only drive them to extremes, every one will want to outdo the other person and before you know it people will ruin themselves and the spirit of the sport .
Re: Why Aren't Sports Men Allowed To Take Drugs? by michaelo2(m): 3:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
Gmajor:

I don't think there's anything like an open book exam.
Moreover, you are looking at this issue like a cigarette— the smoker is only hurting himself so why bother. Whereas doping gives unfair advantage making it a form of cheating.
If you tell athletes to use drugs where will you draw the line? All dopes ain't created equal, some are more powerful than others.
Giving athletes the power to dope will only drive them to extremes, every one will want to outdo the other person and before you know it people will ruin themselves and the spirit of the sport .
as for me it should be free for all, cos am sure some would know the limits

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Out / The Effect Of Prostatitis / My Search For A Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.