Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Jobberman Goofed To Have Ranked Airtel Above Schlumberger As Best Place To Work. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobberman Goofed To Have Ranked Airtel Above Schlumberger As Best Place To Work. (721 Views)

25 Fantastic Organisations To Work With That Did Not Make Jobberman List / Jobberman: Real Or Just A Name... / Best 100 Companies To Work For In Nigeria - By Jobberman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobberman Goofed To Have Ranked Airtel Above Schlumberger As Best Place To Work. by sbabs1(m): 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
Mediocrity once again played herself into the heart of Nigerian data analysts as jobberman released 100 place to work. As an observer with core bias for HR, I think its rather an insult not just for HR guys in Nigeria but also to the apex regulator of the HR practice that a one time IT firm now dictate the pace of noble profession. Not trying to play the devil's advocate however, I did some research on jobberman site and discovered they actually ranked those who were their regular customers in the 2016 ahead of others. In case you don't wanna believe me check their site for 2016 job. Post.

No doubt jobberman has helped recruiters solve the issue of shortlisting, but what I don't get is why should they assume HR data could be something they can just frame up for all to consume. For instance how could you explain airtel being a head of Schlumberger in terms of best place to work. its a simple logic how will airtel who pays her customer service officer N50,000 be ahead of Schlumberge who pays 200,000 for same position isnt Africans driven by cash again. . Even without any core research just ask 5 staff from those two companies you can see the loopholes.

Imagine the Parameters?
Jobberman claimed the use the following parameters
1. Job Security
2. Monthly Salary
3. Career Growth Prospects
4. Company Management
5. Work/Life Balance
6. Staff Welfare
7. Employee Relationship
8. Gender Equality
9. Organisational Structure

This to a reasonable extent is great, but I cant still fathom they want us to believe that job is more secure in GTbank (ranked 6th), FirstBank (ranked 7th) and Union Bank (ranked 8th) than in FAAN (ranked 84th) of course its obvious the IT firm turned Consulting firm is a corporate Joker to have given such data knowing fully well that one of the reasons people could work in Government agancy such as FAAN is because of security of job.

As if that was not enough, they ranked CBN 25th and made Airtel number 2nd in terms of career growth and prospect knowing fully well that those working in CBN dont leave untill they are due for retirement . let me not just bore you with too may fact.

I write this to make us disregard their data and never make this a basis for job search strategy. This is because its obviously they are in for some stunt i really dont know.May be to make those companies ranked higher patronize them. I recall sometime in 2014, I had an interview session with jobberman and the the session turned out to be an avenue for begging for HR Template which I eventually give anyway. after which I turned down their offer.

The other day a Lady called me from their office begging for Termination template and i was like dont you have HR manager?

Its just crazy HR Practices is not given proper regulation in Nigeria and the Apex body such as Chartered Institute of Personnel Management is a mare rent collecting institution.

Dear Niaraland, you guys should see below list as listed by Jobberman and see why I am Paraying.

1. General Electric
2. Airtel
3. Ericsson
4. Google
5. Shell
6. Guaranty Trust bank
7. First Bank
8. Andela
9. Union Bank of Nigeria
10. Konga
11. Nestle Nigeria PLC
12. Integrated Corporate Services Limited (ICSL)
13. Cool FM Lagos
14. Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
15. Leadway Pensure PFA Limited
16. Chevron
17. KPMG
18. Nigerian Bottling company Limited
19. UAC PLC
20. Courteville Business Solutions PLC
21. Exxon Mobil PLC
22. Nigerian Port Authority (NPA)
23. Nigerian Breweries PLC
24. Institute of Human Virology Nigeria
25. Central Bank of Nigeria
26. AXA Mansard Insurance PLC
27. Access Bank PLC
28. Lafarge Cement WAPCO PLC
29. Public and Private Development Centre Limited (PPDC)
30. Nigeria LNG Limited
31. Dangote Group
32. Aluko & Oyebode
33. Insight Communications Limited
34. Honeywell Flour Mills PLC
35. MediaReach OMD Limited
36. Total PLC
37. IBM
38. SystemSpecs Limited
39. Seplat Petroleum Development Company PLC
40. Interswitch
41. CHI Limited – TGI Group
42. Cummins West Africa Limited
43. BUA Group
44. APIN Public Health Initiatives
45. Reckitt Benckiser
46. Guinness PLC
47. UNFPA
48. MTN
49. Huawei
50. Maersk
51. Accion Microfinance Bank
52. Wema Bank PLC
53. Zenith Bank PLC
54. British Tobacco Company
55. United Nations (UN)
56. Procter & Gamble
57. Levant Construction Limited
58. Microsoft
59. Unilever PLC
60. World Bank
61. Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)
62. British Airways
63. Seamfix Nigeria Limited
64. Aggreko Project International
65. Jumia
66. DHL Express
67. World Health Organisation (WHO)
68. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
69. Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
70. Etisalat
71. Mastercard
72. ECOWAS
73. iROKO Partners
74. Fidelity bank PLC
75. Agip Oil Company Limited
76. Lagos TV (LTV)
77. Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC)
78. Sahara Group
79. US Embassy
80. AIICO Insurance PLC
81. IHS Nigeria Limited
82. Deloitte
83. Schlumberger Nigeria
84. Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN)
85. Globacom
86. Africa Finance Corporation
87. Nigerdock Nigeria PLC
88. Accenture
89. Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
90. Standard Chartered Bank
91. FHI 360
92. Flour Mills of Nigeria PLC
93. Federal Civil Service Commission
94. Uber
95. African Development Bank
96. Sanofi Pharmaceutical company
97. Addax Petroleum
98. Nepal Oil and Gas Services Ltd
99. Cadbury PLC
100. APM Terminals

Re: Jobberman Goofed To Have Ranked Airtel Above Schlumberger As Best Place To Work. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
Jobberman is not forcing the list down anyone's throat.

Our perception of companies are always going to be different, even more difficult to draw comparism between 2 companies especially when you don't work in both or cast in stone judging criteria.
Re: Jobberman Goofed To Have Ranked Airtel Above Schlumberger As Best Place To Work. by GavelSlam: 3:43pm On Mar 17, 2017
I no see Baba Ijebu for that list.

Nonsense.
Re: Jobberman Goofed To Have Ranked Airtel Above Schlumberger As Best Place To Work. by Nostradamus: 9:38am On Apr 21, 2017
shell should never be above exxon in terms of remuneration, this list is disguisting

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy!!! Marketers Needed At Genisys Trans Investment Limited / Driver Needed --- 40k Salary / Itf – Neca Technical Skills Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.