Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

A WORD For All The Feminist Girls Out There - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A WORD For All The Feminist Girls Out There (427 Views)

Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? / Uniabuja: Ghost Chase Girls Out Of Hostel / English Word For The Yoruba Word "IREGUN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A WORD For All The Feminist Girls Out There by paschu: 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2017

Re: A WORD For All The Feminist Girls Out There by paschu: 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2017
Oh god, we hired one of those women who were pushed through computer science so the school could collect the grant money...

She started right out of school ahead of me, did nothing but post anime pictures in our bug tracking system. Got 0 work done. After several months management finally asked why she wasn't able to settle in and write code. Turns out her coding ability makes a first year student look talented.

We do the "right thing" and move her down to my position in the company, where I had to hold her hand, after another 3 months I recommended that she was never going to "get it" on a professional level.

Instead of letting her go, they move her down to quality assurance. Just a simple tester. Where she exhibits that on top of having 0 coding ability she also has a complete and total lack of work ethic. She was hired in at 75K and a mid level engineering position right out of school....

Yeah, anecdotally I can agree with this statement. I don't mind female engineers, but when schools degree farm them for access to full ride scholarships and push that crap out into industry it's a wonder why there's so many college students who don't understand why they can't get a job.

(1) (Reply)

How Has Cooked Beans Saved Your Life As A Student? / JAMB 2017 Registration Compromised By Hackers, 5 Persons Arrested / UNN To Produce Laptops At New Tech Incubation Hub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.