Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) (6136 Views)

Man Blasts Maria Ude Nwachi, Shows Shocking Picture Of Bridge In Her Village / EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police / What Magu Told Buhari On SSS Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by LastlyFREEDOM: 2:29am On Mar 18, 2017
Shortly after his renomination as the substantive Chairman of the Anti-graft Agency (EFCC) was rejected by the Nigerian Senate on Tuesday, 15th March, 2017, Mr. Magu Ibrahim Mustapha was served by the Bailiff of the Federal High Court, Abuja, with copies of the Originating Summons filed by an Abuja Lawyer. In the suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/159/17, the Lawyer, Barrister Johnmary Chukwukasi Jideobi, is seeking to oust Magu Ibrahim Mustapha, as the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

In the concluding part of his written address, the Plaintiff descended heavily on Magu in these telling words:

"We further submit that the refusal of the 4th Defendant to accept, as unquestionably binding, the decision of the 1st Defendant rejecting his nomination is a grave and violent confrontation to the well-established Constitutional authority of the highest law-making body in Nigeria. The Constitution which established the Senate and empowers it to screen and approve or disapprove the nominations of Mr. President equally by its Section 1 (1) establishes its pre-eminence and pervading bindingness on all authorities and persons throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria."

"By continuing to remain and act as the Acting Chairman of the 3rd Defendant despite his resounding rejection by the 1st Defendant, the 4th Defendant is rumpling the Nigerian Constitution. Has he got the powers to do that? The answer is a loud NO. Persons who are desirous of presiding over the agencies of government established by law cannot afford to be spiteful of the law and where they are found to be riding roughshod on the Rule of Law, a civilized society ought not to entrust them with a position of responsibility otherwise by their impunity and abuse of democratic ethos, an organized society may come to a sad end. The 4th Defendant should be told so in the clearest of language."

The matter has been fixed for hearing on the 5th April, 2017 before the Honourable Justice Quadri of the Federal High Court 10, Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by HungerBAD: 2:31am On Mar 18, 2017
Funny lawyer.

Everybody Trying to make a name. So I looked at the lawyer's name again, and " Johnmary Jide Obi" sounds mighty suspicious to me.

First you add a Mary to John,And as if that is not bad enough,you add Obi to Jide. Knowing fully well the history of those bearing Jide and Obi not getting along.

Where is the OP?your source of the story please. Something very fishy about this MaryJohn Jide Story.

7 Likes

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 2:42am On Mar 18, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by moskobaba(m): 3:00am On Mar 18, 2017
What is all dis
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 3:14am On Mar 18, 2017
Useless lawyer..

1 Like

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by EmeeNaka: 3:17am On Mar 18, 2017
Magu the EFCC chairman, the judge and prison warden.
Magu is guilty of all crimes levelled against him until proven innocent.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by plainol(m): 3:52am On Mar 18, 2017
Only an igbo lawyer can do dis. that I can bet my balls on.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by Nutase: 4:05am On Mar 18, 2017
The cabal is working.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by Horus(m): 4:24am On Mar 18, 2017
Corruption is fighting back

1 Like

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by sheguy(m): 4:36am On Mar 18, 2017
Buhari, chose somebody else, sorry i forgot that you are deaf.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by lonelydora: 5:33am On Mar 18, 2017
We are watching
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by Xano(m): 5:38am On Mar 18, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by ThinkSmarter: 5:42am On Mar 18, 2017
Is there no one else that can do the job apart from Magu
Must the appointments be given to old political associates

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by koladebrainiac(m): 5:55am On Mar 18, 2017
what is shocking here u guys dey vex me ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by Jayson1: 5:56am On Mar 18, 2017
grin

When i see things like this, i feel so happy. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by mykelmeezy: 6:08am On Mar 18, 2017
click like if you dont even know wtf 5his post is about

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by ANIEXTY(m): 6:12am On Mar 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by FirstCounsel(m): 6:15am On Mar 18, 2017
cheesy grin
sheguy:

1 Like

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 18, 2017
HungerBAD:
Funny lawyer.

Everybody Trying to make a name. So I looked at the lawyer's name again, and " Johnmary Jide Obi" sounds mighty suspicious to me.

First you add a Mary to John,And as if that is not bad enough,you add Obi to Jide. Knowing fully well the history of those bearing Jide and Obi not getting along.

Where is the OP?your source of the story please. Something very fishy about this MaryJohn Jide Story.

Well, FrancisMary, JohnMary are popular names with catholics of Anambra extraction, Jide is a short form of Jideoffor or Jidenna which are Igbo names also, so put one and two together and see that there is nothing wrong with his name.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by emi14: 6:36am On Mar 18, 2017
plainol:

Why must you say that?
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by emi14: 6:38am On Mar 18, 2017
FirstCounsel:
cheesy grin

If his deaf, is he equally blind ?
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by Raintaker(m): 6:38am On Mar 18, 2017
HungerBAD:
Funny lawyer.

itz not suspicious
The lawyer is an igbo man, they are the ones who go by those names.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by omenkaLives(m): 6:42am On Mar 18, 2017
HungerBAD:
Funny lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by omenkaLives(m): 6:45am On Mar 18, 2017
sheguy:
You should rather apologise for not knowing people don't see with their ears but their eyes and eyes go blind not deaf.

Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by ideykwum: 6:47am On Mar 18, 2017
HungerBAD:
Funny lawyer.

Igbos also bear Jide
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by Philistine(m): 6:59am On Mar 18, 2017
I am not surprised that the so called charge and bail lawyer is from a particular part of the country known for hatred and bitterness!!
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by policy12: 7:22am On Mar 18, 2017
Magu or Magun na wa..
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by ESDKING: 7:23am On Mar 18, 2017
Una sabi
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by Day169: 7:23am On Mar 18, 2017
Horus:
Corruption is fighting back
Big tyme!
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by amuokuko: 8:01am On Mar 18, 2017
plainol:

I am sure u mean those balls of urs that ain't worth a cube of sugar.
Re: Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) by Tazdroid(m): 8:02am On Mar 18, 2017
What a coincidence. I suspect someone else may be pulling the strings.

How many lawyers are so gracious enough to invest their money in high profile litigations such as this

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Abandoned The Greater PH & Rainbow Project The Eko Atlantis Equivalent / OSUN RERUN: Jagaban Speaks / SDP Rejects Atiku For President, Backs Duke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.