Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Petition On Misappropration Of Ipac Funds And Deceit In Abia State - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Petition On Misappropration Of Ipac Funds And Deceit In Abia State (410 Views)

VENGEANCE [A Story Of Love Betrayal Hatred And Deceit] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Petition On Misappropration Of Ipac Funds And Deceit In Abia State by synw: 9:49am On Mar 18, 2017
PETITION ON MISAPPROPRATION OF IPAC FUNDS AND DECEIT BY HON. EMEKA OKAFOR LED ADMINISTRATION IN INTER- PARTY ADVIOSRY COUNCIL ABIA CHAPTER AND FOR INVSTIGATION AND PROBE

l write for and to ask the investigation/ probe of some actions by the leadership of the inter-party Advisory council Abia state chapter .
I am drawing attention to the following
(1) Misappropriations of fund
Issue of fund management in IPAC Abia state is unbecoming with lack of accountability the order of the today.
(2) To be proved by Hon. Emeka Okafor that am been sponsored by Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu and Chief Chikwe Udensi to destabilize Hon. Okafor’s Leadership of IPAC as claimed by him.
(3) (a) To examine the leadership style of in organizing inter-agencies relationship, such as organizing press briefing without the pre-knowledge of those involved.
(b) Organizing a zonal meeting of IPAC to be hosted in Abia State and only to inform the Abia IPAC 48Hrs to the programme.
(4) Threat to life and physical attack on Hon. David Kalu.
(5) To examine his leadership if it is in line with the IPAC code of conduct.

(a) The code of Conduct of IPAC “structure” article 3 which states “prepare and monitor the implementation of IPAC annual budget” such has never happened in IPAC Abia since the inception of the chapter.
(b) The IPAC Abia, visited Governor Okezie Ikpeazu the State governor and while leaving the Governor gave the group N3,000,000 (three million) as was announced by Hon. Emeka Okafor the IPAC chairman who led the delegates to the visit.
(c) He did the announcement in the premises of the protocol office within the government house after the group had left the executive chamber of the government house.
(d) Right in every one’s presence he gave N100,000 to the protocosl department N200,000 to the government House media N50,000 each to two private media people.
(e) The group then left fot a restaurant owned by somebody whom he appointed as the admin secretary of IPAC in the state, which is contrary to the code of conduct of IPAC and undermining the office of Secretary in the state, as there is no provision for the post of admin secretary in the code of conduct.

While in the restaurant ,each of the party chairmen was given 90,000 and they are 14 in number .
The chairman Hon. Emeka Okafor then told the group that N300,000 would l be used to return the bag with which the money was brought in.

When l questioned such action he said he was under instruction from the Government House and he took the money away.

The bag in which N300,000 was purportedly said to have be used returning the in cannot cost more than N1,000 in the market.

It was resolved that the sum of N1.5 Million should be kept in the bank, but to our greatest surprise we came to meeting and saw generating plant and an air conditioner without such being discussed and approved by the general assembly of Abia IPAC.
From the N1.5 Million naira Which Hon. Emeka Okafor and three others made up of the secretary, treasurer and publicity secretary attended a meeting in Jos organized by the Nigeria Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies Kure, the chairman Hon. Emeka took money from the account of IPAC without the approval of the General Assembly and till date nobody can say that this how much was taken from the account.
For now nobody can say how much is left of the N1.5 million in the account.
As since after the day each member received the N90,000 nobody had any penny either for transport allowance or refreshment. With this action of Hon. Emeka Okafor he has thereby undermined the of office and authority of the General Assembly or body of IPAC in Abia State.

The articles 3 “structure” it’s a General Assembly or body item 4 (iv) states that approve the working documents on IPAC”, the interpretation of this clause simply means that neither the chairman nor any executive can do anything without the approval from the general assembly.

The buying of generator, Air conditioner, or travelling to Jos were all done without approval from the general assembly .Hon. Emeka Okafor will want to rely on article (Vii) of the Responsibilities of the Executive Committee Members which state as follows: “ Approve expenditures and financial Commitments on behalf of IPAC” , but that did not over rule the power of the General Assembly as empowered on articles 3/4/5 on the responsibilities of the General Assembly, which must discuss all issues of the body before the Executive can implement.

Deceitful actions
(1) During the last Abia Local government election in Abia State in one of the IPAC meeting a decision was taken that political parties should should boycott the fielding of candidates with ABSIEC, yet his party PPA went ahead and fielded candidates;
This made most of parties not to field candidates during the election, as they could not meet the deadline of ABSIEC in collecting and submitting of forms.
(2) When they came back from Kure Jos, on an NIPSS/IPAC meeting and during Hon. Emeka Okafor’s briefing on their trip he told the General Assembly that they were not given any money, rather they were asked to drop their bank account details for N15,000 (Fifteen thousand Naira ) to paid in later.
He told us lies, because what did happen in Jos was that each delegate was given N15,000 cash and their account details collect as to remit the main allowance to them and which NIPSS had done.
It could be recalled that about 2 years ago when l, Hon. David Kalu went to Kaduna to represent IPAC Abia during a UNDP and IPAC national programme, Hon. Kalu was paid N75,000, How come that a programme in Jos is now N15,000 to be paid into the account.
When l Hon. David Kalu raised objection to his briefing of the IPAC General Assembly as l called it a deceit, what Hon.Okafor did was to set a committee to which he tagged a committee to interrogate me on my source of information and the committee is to be Chaired by the Vice Chairman IPAC who is also the State Chairman of Independent Democrat, l refused to honour the invitation of the committee but rather advised the committee to reach NIPSS or the National Secretariat of IPAC in Abuja, which the committee did and found out that Hon. Emeka Okafor was economical with the truth in his briefing to the General Assembly of IPAC in Abia, the matter died off like that.

UN-NECESSARY ACCUSATION OF PEOPLE
Time without number during meetings instead of Hon.Okafor focusing on agenda of meeting, he will spend half of the meeting period talking about Orji Uzor Kalu and Chikwe Udensi calling them names. Several times he had told me that orji Uzor Kalu sent him to desterilize IPAC and which several times l had challenged,. Emeka Okafor to prove such and which he couldn’t.
Let me state it, that never have l discussed for one day with either Orji Uzor Kalu or Chief Chikwe Udensi who was the Governorship Candidate of PPA during the last election in state.
I can take any oath to defend this statement of mine, rather Hon. Emeka Okafor has being singing it as song that l have been paid by the aforementioned to destabilize his IPAC leadership.
Hon. Emeka Okafor forgot that his political relevance in Abia State was made possible by Orji Uzor Kalu

PRESS BRIEFING SAGA
Hon. Emeka Okafor called a meeting of IPAC and without any pre discussion on the issue to be addressed to the press. He invited the press made up of 15 media houses, both print and electronics. .
He did this without any pre-information with the general house of IPAC.
I Chairman CPP objected to the action of the IPAC chairman and even queried the source of the funding for the press briefing .
In his response stated that the source for the funding was from him and Hon. Donatus Nwankpa of the APC. The question is why must Hon. Okafor do such without the approval of the General Assembly.
Does it not sound ridicule and lack of good leadership that an organization as IPAC that is made up of chairmen of political parties and their representatives should be summoned to a meeting and asked to face the press without pre-briefing.
This also contradicts the early quoted articles 3 “structure” item 4 (iv) which states that the General Assembly will have to approve the working documents of IPAC, before implementation by the Executive Committee.
IPAC SOUTH EAST MEETINGS IN ABIA.
(1) Part of the briefings that Hon. Okafor gave to the Abia IPAC on his return from Kure, was that he was nominated by the IPAC delegates at the Kure meeting as the South-East Chairman of IPAC.
He called a meeting of IPAC South-East in Abia, without carrying the state chapter along, what he did was to send a text message to state IPAC members requesting for N10,000 from each member who want to attend the meeting. This led over 90% of state members not to attend the meeting, as members were asking on why they should pay N10,000 when there supposed to be N1.5million Naira in the organization’s account, being savings from the N3Million gift from Governor Okezie Ikpeazu.
(2) On the 5th of March 2017 a text message for a meeting was sent to IPAC members in Abia,for 7th March 2017 and instead of the meeting being held at the IPAC office, Hon. Emeka Okafor slated the meeting for N0. 4 Macaulay Street Umuahia and there was no agenda for the meeting.
After the opening prayer, Hon. Chairman began by informing the General Assembly that there would be an IPAC Southeast retreat in Umuahia Abia State on the 9th March 2017 and that is to say 48hrs to the meeting, if Hon. Emeka Okafor has any respect to other political parties in the state that made up IPAC how can he inform them of such meeting only 48hrs to the event.
At the meeting of 7th March, after some other members had made some observations and l Hon. David Kalu in my own submission l told the him that the issue of the Southeast should not be the main topic as there were an outstanding matters that have to do with the account of Abia IPAC which it was agreed that an account would made available and be treated in any next meeting.
I requested that we should do that before the issue of the Southeast, at this juncture Hon. Emeka rose up from his seat and started hitting me and he did the hitting 4 conservative times and destroyed my Telephone Handset(Microsoft Nokia 430 model).
While Hon. Emeka Okafor was hitting Hon. David Kalu in the presence of other members of IPAC, l never raised his hands on him, knowing very well that am not motor park area boy.
The question is this, if Hon. Okafor feels that l am either laying false accusation or tarnishing his image why did he not go to the law for protection and call for my prosecution?, Rather prefers physical attack on my person. This an indication that he is guilty of whatsoever accusation leveled against him and he started the physical attack as a cover up.

Threat to Life/ Physical Attack, My Life in Danger.
(1) Not once or twice in a meeting that Okafor had been threateing to deal with me, because of my objection to his one man show kind of leadership. Hon. Okafor had in a meeting told me that he will put me in the bout of his car and drove me to a place where l will never been seen again.
(2) In a meeting Hon.Okafor had threatened to call his police boys to deal with Hon. David Kalu and have even boasted that the police in the state are under his control, and that he can use them any how he wants.
And gave an example of how he used them to deal with Orji Uzor Kalu during the re-run senatorial election with Moa Ohuabunwa.
Truly in one of the meeting by political parties held at Felina Hotel, Aba Road, in order to deliberate on the senatorial election, over 10 police men came to the hotel to see him in preparation of the election against Orji Uzor Kalu senatorial ambition.
(3) With physical attack on me it is obvious that my life is in danger.
(4) On the 9th March Morning, while l was in a bus on my way to Aba, Hon. Okafor rang my phone and when l picked he told me that he is watching me, now l don’t understand what that statement indicates. Is the watching means my been kidnapped, assassinated or what?

My Request as follows:
(1) That Hon. Okafor should be made to account for the N300,000 which he said he was asked to return with the bag which the governor gift was brought. The question is who was this money given to and for what purpose.
(2) That Hon Okafor should account for the N1.5 Million that was left in the account of IPAC from the N3 million brought by the Governor.
(3) How much did Hon. Okafor buy the generator , air-condition and should account for other expenditures’ as claimed by him.
(4) That Hon.Okafor should explain to the world why he should physically attack me both through threat of words and physical attack in meetings.
(5) Hon. Okafor, presently have no Political party affiliation, as PPA have removed him as their Abia State Chairman , so what he is still doing in IPAC I don’t know. The Government of Abia State, individuals and cooperate bodies is hereby advised not to have any more dealings with Hon. Okafor. On behalf of IPAC in the State.

Call for Protection:
Am using this forum to call on all Security agencies and the general public, that in any event of anything happening to me, either been kidnapped, assassinated or missing that Emeka Okafor should be held responsible, this becomes necessary based on his actions against my person.
Thanks.
David kalu
Chairman
Citizens Popular Party(CPP).
Abia State.

(1) (Reply)

Expression Of The Mind / A Teen / Real Life And Social Media Life Discrepancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.