Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes (58134 Views)

Dangote Now 64th Richest Person In The World - Bloomberg / A Proof That Africans Are Getting Healthier And Wealthier / Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by VictorEkwere: 6:06pm On Mar 18, 2017
metromediaboss:
Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man who founded and chairs Dangote Cement, the continent’s largest cement producer is worth more than American President and business mogul Donald Trump and Celebrity businesswoman Oprah Winfrey.

Mr Dangote, who has vast investment interests in cement, sugar, flour and beverages was the first black man to attain a position among the world’s 25 richest people in 2014.

In an analysis careful drawn from the Forbes 2017 list, Mr. Dangote who is reputed to be the leader among 40 richest people in both Nigeria and Africa has a net worth of $11.7 billion which is almost twice as much as the recently elected American president’s ($3.7 billion) and Oprah’s ($3 billion).
However, it could be said that his net worth could have been much higher but for the recent drop in fortune that has seen him drop down on the list to 115th with a current net worth of $11.7 billion.

Despite a nearly $5 billion drop in his net worth for the second year in a row, the Nigerian cement tycoon remains the richest person in Africa for the sixth year running. He has an estimated net worth of $12.1 billion.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/03/dangote-now-wealthier-than-oprah-and.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
i adore ur humility sir Dangote respect!
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Rossikk(m): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2017
Honestly, this world in which one man can own billions of dollars while another is starving, just cannot be right. Something will change in this world soon. The system is unsustainable.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Senorprinz(m): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2017
see my mate o
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by napoleon77(m): 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2017
Rossikk:
What is special about Trump?

Nothing really. He is just the President of the US. Not really a special role.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2017
maberry:
Where my father dey when this man dey make this kind money?
he was busy questioning his father just like you!!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Nbote(m): 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2017
So many of our former and current political office holders (legislooters and Stealators) would easily make it into Africa's top 100

1 Like

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by ideylaff: 6:10pm On Mar 18, 2017
NeedGiftcards:
Lol ..Y'all should till his refinery is completed come 2019.. Top 10 sure am.. Very smart man..

He is holding money and investment for OBJ and co.....(Open secret)
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by ALAYORMII: 6:10pm On Mar 18, 2017
maberry:

Do something so ur kids won't say same about you
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Rossikk(m): 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2017
napoleon77:

Nothing really. He is just the President of the US. Not really a special role.
He's a repulsive imbecil.e, an embarrasment to the United States, and a threat to global stability.
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by princetom1(m): 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:
He has always been richer than both of them combined but not more powerful

Some have powers and flex it silently without making any noise.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
maberry:

*in u dad voice*Where am i?....just dont come home again.
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Mrstryka(m): 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ovokoo:

Which kain English be this?
Read slowly...no rush for front page
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by napoleon77(m): 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
Rossikk:
He's a repulsive imbecil.e, an embarrasment to the United States, and a threat to global stability.

Your personal opinion and maybe the truth, but it doesn't change his importance in world affairs
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by prosper00(m): 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2017
maberry:

wetin you yourself dey do now... that will make you to be on list in the next 10-15 years....
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by caesaraba(m): 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2017
cummando:
Dangote the name not dangote as a person
No forget say past presidos get share for him company

Cummando.... Ya time is now
At least I dey top ten for my adugbo grin

Very stupاd post. Is it Donald Trump or Bill Gates or Warren Buffet who do not have people with major stakes in their businesses? Pls this isn't mama Bisola's palm oil business they are talking about here.
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Longman6(m): 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2017
NeedGiftcards:
Lol ..Y'all should till his refinery is completed come 2019.. Top 10 sure am.. Very smart man..

You cant be top 10 in the world while you are producing" tangible goods that can be easily replicated.....Nobody has, the service industry is what drives wealth... Warren Buffet(the wizard of oklahoma) Jefff Bozz, Mark, Gates, Otega... what do they have in common? they offer services that you and i cant resist....if you want to bring him down, pass a law that permits cement importation or allow foreign investment in the cement industry...

Adenuga is the only Billionaire in Nigeria that can compete with or without government support..... He started selling #200000 sim card for #5000 and also decided to sell data cheap, he is not relying on government to kill MTN or Etisalat for him to succeed, Dangote kills his competitors using governments power....Look around you and you would notice that every industry he enters all other players pack up with Larfarge cement been the only exception.......

If Nairaland where to be an American company, Dangote wont stand Seun.....because he cant grow without killing others

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Ibyno(m): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2017
maberry:

where u dey now way wizkid and davido dey make their money ?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by noziz(m): 6:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked : shocked shocked shocked shocked :oo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Mpanyi: 6:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
maberry:
Hahaha. You funny walahi
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
OP, you are mischievous, I wont to your source, ofcourse, the source is not credible, I only went there to check the real source, yet there was no fuccking source. What nonsense is this ?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by peacesamuel94(m): 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
jaymejate:
Nice one of him...

I'm coming that way and farther soon

Just that Forbes nor de see the intoto of him. Half of his money is from affiliated politicians, the rest from his investment.
No wonder why politicians laff when they hear that Dangote is the richest man in Africa

Please, this is baseless.
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
caesaraba:

Very stupاd post. Is it Donald Trump or Bill Gates or Warren Buffet who do not have people with major stakes in their businesses? Pls this isn't mama Bisola's palm oil business they are talking about here.
Do you really wanna go there with me?
Ask yourself that question. Because I remember there is freedom of speech....talk your own I talk my own....but you want to insult cummando I'll make sure you delete..... Try me
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by ipain: 6:24pm On Mar 18, 2017
eezeribe:
Some delusional congenitally mentally impoverished people do believe that Dangote is not very wealthy,rather people give him money to invest under his brand.
Bros, CHILL... I know someone very close to his family who told me plainly that Dangote's relative is FAR more richer than Dangote.

Their Lineage has ALWAYS been wealthy and it didn't start in the 19 century. There was thread here on nairaland last year that hinted his great grandfather's wealth back in 1800s, talking about the Dantatas.

You may wave this off as another wishful thinking like I did until you read about the Bass Family of US. You hardly find any trace of their wealth. Most of the news about the Bass Family can't confidently and specifically state their networth because the Bass family don't allow public into their affairs.

What am I driving that? The news could be true that some richer dudes are using Dangote to front.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by femigeisha: 6:24pm On Mar 18, 2017
maberry:

I guess your father was working his bones out trying to give you and the rest of the family a better life...Now let's see how far you're going to stick your neck out for your children.

(No matter how little it appears, MOST parent strive to give thier best. We need to respect thier sacrifice)

...Be grateful for what you have

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by aloziedaya(m): 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2017
WHY SHOULDN'T HE BE RICH WHEN HE IS ENJOYING
MONOPOLY
DUTY FREE AT OUR PORTS
CBN EXCHANGE RATE
REDUCED VAT AND OTHER TAXES.

Give me quarter of what he enjoys from federal government and I will beat him in few years.
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by henrymom18(m): 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2017
Mahn dis nigger gada oh, work pays!!!!! Someday will take over from him @ the appropriate time.....am not in a rush! cool smiley
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by godunia(m): 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2017
He's the only one licensed to import rice and cement which he bags and sell . the rich are getting richer at the expense of the poor. May God's kingdom come quickly.
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by LordOfNaira: 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
maberry:

Better appreciate your father!!! You don't know the original source of Dangote's wealth.
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
My time is now oh Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by YaksonFCA(m): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
Yet, Donald Trump no allow person here word.
Re: Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes by smartkester(m): 6:42pm On Mar 18, 2017
eezeribe:
Some delusional congenitally mentally impoverished people do believe that Dangote is not very wealthy,rather people give him money to invest under his brand.
this is tautology

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Supreme Court Orders Gtbank To Pay Innoson Boss N12bn In 14 Days / Towns Where Banks Don’t Open Except Customers See Armoured Tanks / The Time It Would Take Dangote To Pay Off His ₦792m Bugatti Veyron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.