Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

The 25 Top Jobs For 2007-2009 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The 25 Top Jobs For 2007-2009 (1382 Views)

Job Application Websites Of The Major Oil Companies And The 25 Banks In Nigeria / Career Websites Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria / Career Website Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 25 Top Jobs For 2007-2009 by kdships(m): 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2007
Nairalanders,

You might want to read this interesting stuff. Where do you belong? Will you make changes in your career path after reading this?

===========================================================

What are the best jobs to pursue for the next five years? Fast Company draws on the work of the Bureau of Labor Statistics and an innovation expert to tap the top jobs.

What makes a job a great job? Obviously, different people will give different answers. It's impossible to account for everyone's personal taste and personality traits -- including foibles -- and how they might fit into a particular job. What makes a great job opportunity is much easier to gauge. How much do you get paid? What kind of professional development opportunities are available? How much room for innovation does a role offer?
Fast Company based this year's index of the top jobs on four categories: job growth, salary potential, education level, and room for innovation. Relying heavily on data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the work of Dr. Kevin Stolarick, a lecturer at Carnegie Mellon University and an expert on the creative class, Fast Company has assembled a list of the 25 Top Jobs for 2005.
What We Considered
Clearly, you want to pick a career that's in high demand. Because job growth is so important, we weighted our index 35% toward the Bureau of Labor Statistic's projected job growth data through 2012.
Money also matters. We based our salary range -- an indication of the opportunity for salary growth -- on the difference between the 10th percentile earnings and the 90th percentile earnings for a given job, also based on BLS data. This gives a picture of where you might end up in relation to where you started. The greater the divide, the better the score. Salary range was also given a 35% share of the total index score.
A great job, in our opinion, also requires a good deal of investment in education. Our education score is based on what percentage of those working in the field hold a college degree according to BLS data. We weighted this 20%.
Finally, a great job needs to give you room to run. How innovative and creative can you be? How open to new ideas are people in your profession? We turned to Dr. Kevin Stolarick to help determine how creative workers can be in a given field. We weighted this 10%.
Doing the Job
In addition to the rankings and some brief job descriptions, we've profiled 10 leaders actually working in some of these exciting positions. Among them, we've got a Harvard stem cell researcher, a Wal-Mart systems analyst, a personal financial advisor to the nouveau riche, and an actuary who doesn't think his job is boring. Though they come from a wide range of fields and backgrounds, there are some common threads running through them -- besides the fact that they love their jobs. Most find themselves working at the intersection of business and technology, which keeps things fresh. They all give the same advice about being successful at work, too: Stay flexible. These jobs aren't for the rigid of mind, and you need to accept that they might take you places you don't expect to go. That's part of the fun -- and what makes these jobs the best.

The Jobs

1. Personal finance adviser
2. Medical scientist
3. Computer software engineer
4. Chiropractor
5. Environmental engineer
6. Biochemist and biophysicist
7. Sales manager
8. Epidemiologist
9. Computer system analyst
10. Athlete
11. Agent and business manager for artists, performers, and athletes
12. Marketing manager
13. Producer and director
14. Actor
15. Lawyer
16. Advertising and promotions manager
17. Management analyst
18. Postsecondary education administrator
19. Financial manager
20. Actuary
21. Airline pilot, copilot, and flight engineer
22. Geoscientist
23. Market research analyst
24. Securities sales agent
25. Medical and health services manager
Re: The 25 Top Jobs For 2007-2009 by LanreDaMan(m): 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2007
Hmmm Interesting
Re: The 25 Top Jobs For 2007-2009 by Sobola75(f): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2007
Wahooooo,

You've got it right.

Tunde
Re: The 25 Top Jobs For 2007-2009 by smilling(m): 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2007
Good morning to you,

I want to thank you for accepting me to your site and I really appreciate all your effort and the opportunities you are giving to those who are in search for jobs. Keep it up.

Let me start by introdusing myself, I am Emmanuel I. Omosor a year old young man who finished His secondary school in the year 2001 after which I studied Diploma in Computer Networking and maintenance at Hands-on Intitutes of Information Technology in Kano state in the year 2003/2004. I am from Delta state ndukwa West Local govt. Area. Abbi town.

I am a young dynamic man who is ready to render His services to any company or Organization who is willing to employ me in His/Her Organizqation.

I hope to hearing from who ever is interested in me and I shall send my cridencials if needed by the interested Organization.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Yours Sincerely,

Emmanuel I. Omosor

(1) (Reply)

United Geophysical Services / Kpmg 2nd Interview / Driver Needed In Benue State!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.