Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,158 members, 7,807,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. (21309 Views)

Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! / "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man / 7 Ways Nigerian Bosses Abuse Their Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by spongebob0006(f): 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2017
I have a friend who is a young lawyer. she works in a private firm and she shared her experience with me. Her boss is a female who actually is nice but on the other side, can send someone on meaningless errands for Africa. it's not even as if the pay is much o, distance alone is crazy so transport fare has taken 90% of the so called salary. when she told me her boss sends her to buy food, I was like Na wa o. as if that was not enough o, she would even tell her to come pull her shoes, wear her slippers, go and shop for her inside market o, if na shoprite, e go better sef,lolz. the list is just endless. any small mistake like this, she would rather shout and pour insults than correct. in fact, my friend is more than frustrated. I told her to leave but with the current situation of Nigeria now, finding a job is not easy. even before she got this one, she searched endlessly.
what is your own experience with female bosses?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by pweetyoge(f): 11:25pm On Mar 18, 2017
we ladies are the architect of our own wahala...a female boss is a no-no for me. bt watch ur lawyer friend in future turn out to do just the same thing to another young lady if given d same opportunity. i was once in ur friend's shoe, a female boss lady, daughter to a well known Figure. she is nice, cn buy u gifts n all bt when it comes to differentiating the role of a graduate frm dt of an errand boy. she get am zero. i just resigned n with faith i got another job. ur friend should know dt nothing is as painful as ur ego being tarnished except she no get senatorial ambition like myself. before i go appear for Linda Ikeji gossip for future..nbok

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by SweetBoyFriend(m): 7:17am On Mar 19, 2017

I will never work for a female even if you put a gun to my head

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by Ovokoo: 7:18am On Mar 19, 2017
Female bosses na die

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by flyca: 7:18am On Mar 19, 2017
Actually, mine is not a "boss" per say, she is the current Dean of my department. Just doesn't listen to anybody including other male profs and even my male prof supervisor.

Been having headaches on how to just round up and get out of her department. I don't really like to use harsh words to describe people but this woman deserves anything I use on her right now. I'm so pained! angry

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by DickDastardly(m): 7:19am On Mar 19, 2017
angry
Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by henryobinna(m): 7:19am On Mar 19, 2017

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by dakuizi(m): 7:20am On Mar 19, 2017
ladies and wahala. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by Dontripsy(m): 7:20am On Mar 19, 2017
Female boss,

HELL NO!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by Sexytemi(f): 7:22am On Mar 19, 2017
Females are problematic when they are in a top position, just only a few are nice

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by NextGovernor(m): 7:22am On Mar 19, 2017
When a woman is in a high position or any position it is very difficult to deal with. Those days in school I know what we go thru just to meet our HOD or Dean thru secretary. When you approach the Secretary mostly women they won't even give you audience for like 5mins and making you look stupid and when they finally give you the audience they look at you like a bag of shit..

I can still remember what we went through just to pass our files through Secretary for HOD to sign.

But men will give you a positive response even when they won't grant your wish later on..

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by Holywizard: 7:25am On Mar 19, 2017
Back then ooo. She invited me to come help her fetch water wen her borehole was faulty. although she rewarded me with huge cash.
I'm a graduate, If I see where I go dey wash pants & bra for my female boss to be earning high, I wouldn't mind jare. God knows that after my service year, I won't like to stay at home

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by modsfucker: 7:26am On Mar 19, 2017
Female Bosses always appear bossy and they like power too much. But the one I worked with was the key to my success, she liked me so much that she masterminded several good things that led to my career being a successful one.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by SweetJoystick(m): 7:28am On Mar 19, 2017
My female boss, she would scold you and threaten with sack with any slight opportunity. She's demanding in terms of deliverables but she does defend you in meetings if you doing the job right and would fight for your promotion. Na to Bleep am dey my mind then sha cos her yansh na to be continued grin

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by id4sho(m): 7:30am On Mar 19, 2017
Mine is the best, free lunch packs, use her tables, Internet, sit on her chair. Listens to all my flimsiest excuses, calls me when late to work. BUT OPPOSITE FOR LADIES, NO NONSENSE,WOMEN HATE EACH OTHER .....SMH

38 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by lilfreezy: 7:30am On Mar 19, 2017
Mine was evil. Imagine me marketing for RenMoney and having lady Morgana as my boss. It was hell.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by Nutase: 7:32am On Mar 19, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 19, 2017
Lol. That's ladies for you. A colleague of mine had similar experience with her supervisor ( although it didn't get to the level of sending errands and removing shoes, lol) she summoned courage and spoke to a senior partner because the relationship had negative effect on her evaluation. She was lucky to be reassigned to another supervisor.

Your friend should start looking elsewhere. That isn't the only firm in Lagos. What sort of nonsense is she putting up with? I wish her the best. She should start looking for a job immediately!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by ofemigeorge(m): 7:35am On Mar 19, 2017
Am always in the goodbook of all my female bosses.....but there is a way they behave Wen am in their presence. cool

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by AgentGoat: 7:36am On Mar 19, 2017
K
Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by miltonchux(m): 7:37am On Mar 19, 2017
My female boss is a lucifer, very wicked and bossy. There is nothing you do, that pleases her. She just resumes office and start yelling like a mad dog without nothing. And she is so jealous about your success. We had to start resigning one after the other. Been the oldest and pioneer staff of the company, I had to endure her wickedness and recently dropped a bomb by resigning without telling her. She almost died of complaining, and was calling people blackmailing me. Some female boss like the one I worked with is a no no and not a good example of a leader.

15 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by Goldenheart(m): 7:37am On Mar 19, 2017
My female boss was a confused one.... But I made her feel she is right all the time. We take business from office to her home... tongue

We work till very late. She offers all kind of delicacy's which I decline and she frowns, And she will ask me to pass the night since is really really late. grin (also declined)

Though tough but I survived n my check was always ready at the end of the month cool cool

We still keep in touch .... wink

13 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by Danhumprey: 7:38am On Mar 19, 2017
Na question be this? who don't know that female bosses are the Devil in human form? undecided

if you are ever unfortunate to work under a female boss, please just pray for the grace to bear with/put up with all the sh.its that will come your way or you start counting down your days in that work place.

I'm speaking from experience. I once worked under a female boss. to be honest, she tried for me. but mehn, it was hell.

most female bosses tend to act/behave/react under the influence of menstrual cramps.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by chuka5000(m): 7:39am On Mar 19, 2017
it's better u sit at home jobless than fall into a wahala female boss hands.
u go regret collecting ur salary sef.
I'm not insulting women ooooo, before they come for my neck.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by NICENEDU29: 7:44am On Mar 19, 2017
Me, I'm longing to working with a female boss in order to have a taste of it

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by GboyegaD(m): 7:44am On Mar 19, 2017
My first boss in banking back then was a female. She was a very nice lady despite having delayed child birth. I worked on a desk that I had to do my uploads late in the evening so that I don't lock other users out of the system and she would always call me around 8:30pm to tell me I should make sure I leave at 9pm latest. When she left for another bank, most of us felt bad.
The second time I had a female boss, it was outside of banking however, we didn't get along well at first but she later became a very nice lady.
The next one was indeed a mother. She was my Program Director and the good side was that the husband was also a member of the Faculty who understood when we had to call her sometimes in the evening when it is surely off school hours. She provided a shoulder for us to lean on and you could talk to her about anything whatsoever.
Shout out to all my female bosses so far!!!

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by sarahade(f): 7:45am On Mar 19, 2017
I had a female boss who would do anything for us. Just call her mummy that's all.
I love her she's the best.
Women need to be united female bosses are human beings and allowed to be flawed. Men are worse because to be fine na crime what dey want you don't know.
majority of them are nice to ladies but any guy they see as a threat is in trouble but you don't see them opening a thread about it to hear negative comments.
If your boss dey misbehave talk to the boss.

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 19, 2017
Wayward female bosses. Never cease to amaze me. Have an aunt who does exactly all of those. I ask her why she says she was treated like that. Silly women

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by mustybaba55(m): 7:51am On Mar 19, 2017
BUT WHY ALL THOSE ATTITUDE OF FEMALE BOSS BECOME THEY SECOND NATURE? THEY LEAVE I DON'T CARE LIVE

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 19, 2017
Them dey craze

One got transferred to my branch when I was banking....I simply told her to stay off my lane when she show herself.
She tried all her life to get me fired but as a smart boy..... I just dey tungbagba tungbagba all d way.
Na when she got caught in a nasty situation one night in town she remembered she got me and she called for help. When she saw the hell I let loose her respect for me soared.

That was when I decided to leave the stupid bank.

Bottom line if you are not useful to them they try their best to push you out!!! Their attitudes reflect in their work

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:55am On Mar 19, 2017
Having a female as boss is one the most unfortunate tin that can happen to a man.
They bring their domestic frustrations to the offc.
This is made worse if her husband is unable to give her ogasm. Everybody for offc own don done be That.

21 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. by sweerychick(f): 7:59am On Mar 19, 2017
My female boss at my PPA can really be annoying, she insults you, sends you on errand like a village house help, even threaten to sack you or report you to Nysc coordinator, and for some reasons unknown she picks up on me and my fellow females. But she's cool with the males in my office. Last week she sent me on an errand to the bank, and told me to use my own money for tfare. As if that wasn't enough after coming back from the bank under the hot sun tired she sent me on another errand again to buy launch for her son. Women are the worst when it comes to occupying top shots. That's why I think Hilary Clinton lost.. We hate each other period undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? / 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant / 5 Things You Should Consider Doing While Waiting For That Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.