Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? (1431 Views)

Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven / Samuel Kelechi Eze, Polygamous Bishop Of Anglican Church In Akwete Abia- 2 Wives / 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by Tomjazzy2: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2017
Okay this has got me curious for a while now.

I understand that the Bible doesn't support polygamy or polyandry. How ever, I wonder what the Bible says with regards to a man who prior to his repentance, was a polygamous man.

Can such a man so repented, still make heaven while still in polygamy?

Or are the marriages void ab initio?

I am here to learn smiley
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by searchng4love: 9:10am On Mar 19, 2017
Where did the Holy Bible forbid polygamy?

1 Like

Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 19, 2017
searchng4love:
Where did the Holy Bible forbid polygamy?

God created one man & one woman. After they sinned & were booted out of Eden, that's when the "generation curse" started to unfold,one generation at a time. God intended a man to be with one woman or he'd have used two ribs (I'm pretty sure he can count), instead of one to create a companionship for him. In summary, polygamy is against God's intentions, but since we are born of sin or inherited a sinful way of living from the so called primordial humans (Adam & Eve), polygamy then became one of those things accepted by some religions & cultures in today's world.

To the question, we're probably all going to hell grin
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by Tomjazzy2: 9:38am On Mar 19, 2017
Seriously, is polygamy permissible under Christainity?
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by searchng4love: 9:39am On Mar 19, 2017
ZarZar:

God created one man & one woman. After they sinned & were booted out of Eden, that's when the "generation curse" started to unfold,one generation at a time. God intended a man to be with one woman or he'd have used two ribs (I'm pretty sure he can count), instead of one to create a companionship for him. In summary, polygamy is against God's intentions, but since we are born of sin or inherited a sinful way of living from the so called primordial humans (Adam & Eve), polygamy then became one of those things accepted by some religions & cultures in today's world.

owesifazane omuhleare you insinuating words into the Bible? Or you have another Bible apart from the one Christians use?

1 Like

Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by searchng4love: 9:39am On Mar 19, 2017
Tomjazzy2:
Seriously, is polygamy permissible under Christainity?
Show me where it is forbidden!

1 Like

Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 19, 2017
searchng4love:

owesifazane omuhleare you insinuating words into the Bible? Or you have another Bible apart from the one Christians use?

Ok, tell me, didn't God curse Adam/Eve & their generation after the apple incident? Didn't all the other stuff you read about in the Bible, happen after humans were exiled from Eden?
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by searchng4love: 9:43am On Mar 19, 2017
ZarZar:

Ok, tell me, didn't God curse Adam/Eve & their generation after the apple incident? Didn't all the other stuff you read about in the Bible, happen after humans were exiled from Eden?
Yet David the man after God's heart had how many wives and concubines?
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 19, 2017
searchng4love:

Yet David the man after God's heart had how many wives and concubines?

Hence I said "generational curse". God imo, had to make good of a bad situation. It doesn't make it a good thing because it's not what he envisioned his creation to live or he'd have created concubines for Adam if that's how he wanted man to live.
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by searchng4love: 9:51am On Mar 19, 2017
ZarZar:

Hence I said "generational curse". God imo, had to make good of a bad situation. It doesn't make it a good thing because it's not what he envisioned his creation to live or he'd have created concubines for Adam if that's how he wanted man to live.
Sorry dearie I don't work with assumptions where God is concerned

1 Like

Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2017
searchng4love:

Sorry dearie I don't work with assumptions where God is concerned

All you have to do is look back at beginning, who & what he created. No assumptions needed, just common sense.
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by searchng4love: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2017
ZarZar:

All you have to do is look back at beginning, who & what he created. No assumptions needed, just common sense.
I still don't agree.... The Bible doesn't forbid polygamy expressly except for certain categories of people

1 Like

Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 19, 2017
searchng4love:

I still don't agree.... The Bible doesn't forbid polygamy expressly except for certain categories of people

I didn't say the Bible disagrees. 1st of all the Bible itself is not a rule book, just stories about different people. An evolution since the inception of mankind. What we should rather live by from the Bible are the 10 commandments & the likes. Not choose different role models as we go along to justify sin tongue
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by searchng4love: 10:09am On Mar 19, 2017
ZarZar:

I didn't say the Bible disagrees. 1st of all the Bible itself is not a rule book, just stories about different people. An evolution since the inception of mankind. What we should rather live by from the Bible are the 10 commandments & the likes. Not choose different role models as we go along to justify sin tongue
Hold it there! I intend capturing you from Eastern C. Another from kzn.... Mixed with a purebred Venda... Don't bring excuses to the party.
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 19, 2017
searchng4love:

Hold it there! I intend capturing you from Eastern C. Another from kzn.... Mixed with a purebred Venda... Don't bring excuses to the party.

Mnxm. I'm not Venda lol. I'm La Xhosanostra!
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by searchng4love: 10:15am On Mar 19, 2017
ZarZar:

Mnxm. I'm not Venda lol. I'm La Xhosanostra!
I am aware. Eastern C.
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 19, 2017
searchng4love:

I am aware. Eastern C.

Yeah.
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by Tomjazzy2: 10:44am On Mar 19, 2017
searchng4love:

Show me where it is forbidden!

You know as much as I do that though the bible did not expressly forbid it, but there are many instances where it impliedly did.

For instance, the old testament talked about how "a man" would leave his family and be united with "a woman".

How about the place of the Bible with regards to divorce?

How come the Bible was so firm when it said (pardon me for not providing the citiation) that for a man to marry another wife after divorce, he must ensure that the ex-wife is dead, otherwise he commits adultery?
Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by searchng4love: 10:47am On Mar 19, 2017
Tomjazzy2:

You know as much as I do that though the bible did not expressly forbid it, but there are many instances where it impliedly did.

For instance, the old testament talked about how "a man" would leave his family and be united with "a woman".

How about the place of the Bible with regards to divorce?

How come the Bible was so firm when it said (pardon me for not providing the citiation) that for a man to marry another wife after divorce, he must ensure that the ex-wife is dead, otherwise he commits adultery?
Divorce and polygamy are two different things

1 Like

Re: Can A Polygamous Man Make Heaven? by Tomjazzy2: 12:11pm On Mar 19, 2017
searchng4love:

Divorce and polygamy are two different things

They are absolutely. I was mentioned it just to highlight what I meant by "implicit meaning".

There are various ways of interpretation. You can not always adopt the "literal" method when interpreting everything

(1) (Reply)

GOD Vs SATAN, Who Is Winning? / Touching Pics Of Priest Worshipping God Under A Tree Wit Members In Niger State / The Multidimensional Nature: A Look At Consciousness Of The Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.