Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) (30256 Views)

Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) / Two Stray Elephants Found In Kebbi Community / Residents Gather As Elephants Are Spotted In Kebbi. See What Happened. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
I'm sooooo impressed.
No region has the monopoly of science.

1 Like

Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by rhektor(m): 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2017
DollarAngel:
Am still looking out for the tractor, cos all I see is an open roof KEKR NAPEPE

grin grin grin
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by lonelydora: 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
yomi007k:
I hope it lasts. ....

Pessimists I beg na small small till we get dere.

You dey beg them? After all, journey of a thousand miles starts with having a good shoe.
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
A completely wasted effort.

They should have roamed Nigeria and picked up serviceable but non running tractors and fixed those instead.

That thing can only plough water with its feeble power.

2 Likes

Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by DavidOluyale(m): 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2017
It's ok. not very cool tho. but the potentials are there.
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
mmmustapha:
great invention, kebbi state government should encourage the students. we are finally coming to life.

Invention?
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by bejite: 4:17pm On Mar 19, 2017
[quote author=Coolgent post=54741610]Kudus to HND student u did a very good job that no Prof of Agric in Nigeria has evwr done.
[/quote

Remain blessed for saying this.

1 Like

Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Krisddon: 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2017
First interesting thing coming from the north in a century.
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
KAYD007:
The exhust pipe is too low....it needs to be high up so the driver doesn't inhale fumes

I thought I was the only one that saw the flaw in the exhaust pipe. If they can't get it higher than direct it to the back.
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by gamargu(m): 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2017
Oya let me wait for children of hate from the south that will be angry when they hear this news grin grin grin grin. I know i wont be disappointed

1 Like

Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Jozavic(m): 4:28pm On Mar 19, 2017
DollarAngel:
were the one you construct grin
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
Tractor for garden more like lawn mower's elder brother.
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
Abeg talk another thing before I vex bite your head comot

Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Ochinex(m): 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
Such Mediocrity shouldn't be celebrated..

1 Like

Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
Nice one but that Tyre is too small & not thick enough,it will not survive thorns in da bush,atleast he shld hav sand paper the welded edges 1st then painted it b4 publik display.
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Dareomo(m): 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2017
Great deal, hoping the same government who encourage this to support for greater improvement.
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by akigbemaru: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
Homemade tractor!
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

They got me at the banner...and the title of the post.

In your face Professor Haliru! We have a bright future...

Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by olabrad: 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2017
Divay22:
This one is strong

Hmmmm... .that thing on ur profile, is it ur heartfelt thought or just another picture to occupy space?
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by miraclea: 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2017
Nice attempt dear but the tyres are too small
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Btruth: 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2017
Nice initiative. If only our government could encourage them more for mass production, at least it will help a little.

lipsrsealed
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Divay22(f): 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2017
olabrad:

Hmmmm... .that thing on ur profile, is it ur heartfelt thought or just another picture to occupy space?
heartfelt and moreover my pic don't occupy space cheesy
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by presido997(m): 5:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
DollarAngel:
maybe ur phone screen is bad
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by martinsrichie(m): 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2017
Impressive keep it up.. Now that progress, i Wish the government will support them so that they will take it to the next level.. .......now dats INNOVATION.....SMART Nigerians
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by martinsrichie(m): 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
Already they tried what have you done for Nigeria So far.. .... Remember Every Butterfly was once a caterpillar.
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by olabrad: 6:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
Divay22:
heartfelt and moreover my pic don't occupy space cheesy

Hmmm.if I send pm, na you cause am o
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by eph123(f): 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
So much talent in this country but the environment keeps stifling them.
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Tayeni(m): 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
Originalsly:
Is this the way forward?... the focus should be on innovation... bringing new ideas to the table... not making efforts to reinvent the wheel.
this is not reinvention of any wheel....its called import substitution. There are tractors of that size being imported....if he can knock metals together and it works....fine. forget the fact that it looks crude. If its useful to farmers and they buy from him....someone else from(maybe from the east or the west) may come up with his own that's better looking...he will then sit up and rise up to the challenge by making his own better....on and on the cycle goes until we meet up with the rest of the world.
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by joepepsy(m): 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
Na wa oo!! This is the kind of result you get when lil Kesh and davido are role models for the youth, the only third world country where a comedian is richer than engineers and scientists.
zoba88:
Under Sen Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi state,the government played a significant role to make sure that farmers had a bumper harvest during the previous rainy seasons.

Further more, the only college of agriculture in the state under the stewardship of Mal.Mamuda Manga and the head of engineering department Dr Aliyu Muazu were prompted to engage their final year engineering students to the most amusing practical which the result brought about the creation of a locally made tractor.

See below photos of the students practical work

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/03/college-of-agriculture-students-in.html?m=1
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Originalsly: 7:20pm On Mar 19, 2017
Tayeni:
this is not reinvention of any wheel....its called import substitution. There are tractors of that size being imported....if he can knock metals together and it works....fine. forget the fact that it looks crude. If its useful to farmers and they buy from him....someone else from(maybe from the east or the west) may come up with his own that's better looking...he will then sit up and rise up to the challenge by making his own better....on and on the cycle goes until we meet up with the rest of the world.
I don't have a problem with looks..... nor having things made locally instead of being imported. Is this tractor practical? ....or just for show?
Re: Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos) by Tayeni(m): 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
Originalsly:
I don't have a problem with looks..... nor having things made locally instead of being imported. Is this tractor practical? ....or just for show?
i haven't seen it live...but it looks practical for light tillage. if an animal can be used to power farm tools...so can that machine.I've seen smaller ones...powered by an engine not bigger than a small generator.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emeka Nelson Invents Generator That Runs On Water (Video) / A Halo (Rainbow Around A Sun) In Kaduna, Nigeria (Photos) / Anambra Teenager Designed And Built This Drone (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.